NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

AZOffaly

Well, it may be a crap year for the Cardinals, but after 8 years of trying, the Faithful Turfmen B team are finally champions of the World. Well the GAABoard World anyway :)

It was a serious underdog win in the final, as Adrian Peterson and Arian Foster didn't really do the business at all for the Bills, while Roddy White came through in a big way for the Turfmen. Ironically the Cardinals ineptitude almost gave the Bills a way back in as the Bears Defence made hay against Arizona, but the Cardinals just stopped from stinking bad enough to keep the Turfmen ahead.

Hard luck to the Bills who had a great season, but I'm delighted to finally break my duck, and keep the title in Offaly after L'Esprit de Biff's win last year. :)

Well done also to the Walter Payton Champions Oraisteach's Browns, and the Jerry Rice Champions Big Apple Orchards.

I hope everyone enjoyed playing, and see ye all again next season. Enjoy the real football and the Playoffs.

Happy Christmas all. And Go Turfmen!

dec

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 24, 2012, 12:36:26 PM

Well done also to the Walter Payton Champions Oraisteach's Browns, and the Jerry Rice Champions Big Apple Orchards.

So that is two out of three winners from Armagh.

declan85

Well done AZ, i thought you had the strongest team all year and even your bench is very strong. Theres 80 points on your bench this week, 2 weeks this season my starting outfit didnt make that...

AZOffaly

Cheers. I actually blundered in the selections this week. Romo deserved his starting place, but I didn't trust him and went with RGIII instead. I also had serious reservations about Sproles, but he came up big last night instead of my starter, Ridley. In fairness I was lucky that Peterson and Foster had poor days.

One thing I did different this year was really try to pay attention to defensive players each week. I rotated defenders a lot, and it made a difference a few weeks. I barely made the playoffs in a tight division, so every point helped.

Oraisteach

Thanks very much, AZ, for once again running a fun season.  Delighted now to have progressed from junior to intermediate to senior football.  Have a very merry Christmas, you and all the other competitors.  Now, how will I spend my Sundays?

Capt Pat

Thanks for the effort AZ and well done on the win.

The Iceman

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

magpie seanie

Well done AZ - extremely hard to win this competition so you've a right to feel chuffed. You keep yourself in contention though and eventually you'll get the breaks, that's what I keep telling myself anyway!

Well done to all the other winners and competitors too. The NFL season is just too short!

Minder

I know its early days but i take it there will be another one this season ?  :D
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Syferus

All right lads, make sure to hook me up for the new season. Meet your new champion.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Syferus on June 19, 2013, 11:06:57 PM
All right lads, make sure to hook me up for the new season. Meet your new champion.

Is that you Bombidal?
#newbridgeornowhere

Oraisteach

But, Sisyphus, it's a long climb up that hill from from the depths of Division 3!

AZOffaly

Right lads. It's 2013 and the scene is set for the GAABOard Superbowl IX. You should all have got invites from Yahoo to renew, although some lads will have to regrade when we get all the teams signed up. Teh 4 relegated teams will have to reregister in the 'B' Championship, and likewise into the C Championshipm and obviously vice versa with the promoted teams.

Anyone have any requests to run by the board regarding rules etc?

Anyone have any preferred draft dates etc?

Asal Mor

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 06, 2013, 02:20:06 PM
Right lads. It's 2013 and the scene is set for the GAABOard Superbowl IX. You should all have got invites from Yahoo to renew, although some lads will have to regrade when we get all the teams signed up. Teh 4 relegated teams will have to reregister in the 'B' Championship, and likewise into the C Championshipm and obviously vice versa with the promoted teams.

Anyone have any requests to run by the board regarding rules etc?

Hey AZ I'm a bit of an NFL fan and I'd like to get involved if it's not too late. Would that still be possible?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 06, 2013, 02:20:06 PM

Wouldn't mind it being left as late as possible. I'm way behind this year due to work so haven't been able to swot up yet. I see the season is due to start September 5 so very early September or very late August I guess.