NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

Capt Pat

It has been a strange NFL season so far. I expect it will settle down a bit with the cream rising to the top.

turk

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 08, 2012, 10:51:31 AM
Quote from: turk on October 07, 2012, 10:45:14 AM
Quote from: dec on October 07, 2012, 12:42:19 AM
1.    Rufus Bess squad            4-0-0    1.000    2-0-0    516.03    396.36   
10.    Faithful Turfmen            0-4-0    .000    0-3-0    518.34    616.39

Definitely a little unlucky there AZ

Ha ha agree 100%!

Yes - this fantasy game is something else....

It's a marathon, not a sprint Seanie!!  :P

Oraisteach

I'd be curious to know who's who behind each of teams (i.e. GAABoard name) and from what county you hail.  For example, I know the Faithful Turfmen are AZOffaly from Offaly, of course.  My team, Oraisteach's Brown's, is run by me, Oraisteach, from Armagh.

Minder

Quote from: Oraisteach on October 08, 2012, 06:10:06 PM
I'd be curious to know who's who behind each of teams (i.e. GAABoard name) and from what county you hail.  For example, I know the Faithful Turfmen are AZOffaly from Offaly, of course.  My team, Oraisteach's Brown's, is run by me, Oraisteach, from Armagh.

North Antrim Nuggets.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mc_grens

Ah shit. Had a completely mental week and forgot to set my team- half of them were on a bye.

The Iceman

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 06, 2012, 11:11:18 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on October 02, 2012, 04:29:57 PM
I get plagues with injuries every year. Looks like Nicks could be out a while.....

Could be worse. You could have injured RB's. WR is deep this year, you are probably covered.
There is nobody available that can put up those consistent points. In a ten team league everyone has a strong bench and nobody trades. In a 12 team league most teams only have 2-3 strong players and then its a strategy and knowledge game to trade and pickup players. Now its about the draft.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

magpie seanie

Quote from: The Iceman on October 09, 2012, 02:09:19 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 06, 2012, 11:11:18 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on October 02, 2012, 04:29:57 PM
I get plagues with injuries every year. Looks like Nicks could be out a while.....

Could be worse. You could have injured RB's. WR is deep this year, you are probably covered.
There is nobody available that can put up those consistent points. In a ten team league everyone has a strong bench and nobody trades. In a 12 team league most teams only have 2-3 strong players and then its a strategy and knowledge game to trade and pickup players. Now its about the draft.

People should trade but you have to make a trade mutually beneficial. Don't offer a RB to a guy who is covered there etc. As for consistent points at WR - look at Julio Jones for example. MEGABeast this week, hardly a factor last week. There are fliers that you can take that will get you by if you really dig deep (and get a little lucky!).

magpie seanie

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 08, 2012, 03:25:44 PM
Having a horrible season. Disliked my team after drafting at number 10 and since then half the players I drafted have got injured within the first 5 games. Ugh.

Liked my team and the post draft ranking bear that out but its not going great so far. A few injuries and guys performing below expectations but there you go. Long way to go yet!

Bythe way - I'm Coolera Bears "owner".

Go on ya boy ye

Bacon Sanger Please - Armagh

I'm drowning 3 weeks in a row...time for a clear out.

BallyhaiseMan

Hoorin bastard
Beaten by  0.11 points this week.  >:(

declan85

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on October 09, 2012, 05:07:37 PM
Hoorin b**tard
Beaten by  0.11 points this week.  >:(

A grand total of 3 yards... Your still top of your division so all is not lost!!
Interesting stat from within the Montana conference this week, all 5 teams from one side of the division (Halas) bet the 5 from the other side (Lombardi)...

Smackdown Clowns play outta the Hyde in Roscommon...

The Iceman

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Craigyhill Terror

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Oraisteach on October 08, 2012, 06:10:06 PM

You gave me a right auld hammering Oraisteach at the weekend .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001