NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

The Iceman

Drop back into the C division yourself and I'll go into B :) or move someone else up it doesnt matter to me.

I would take some of the feedback posted at the end of last year on the scoring.
4 Defensive Players!!
I would also consider two leagues of 14 if we only have that many teams or 3 leagues of 12.
10 teams per league has all the teams too strong and leaves no room for some cute whore management skills....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

AZOffaly

Other way around Iceman :) My problem is I have 2 in C and none in B. If I had two in B I'd have no problems keeping 1 in C.

Go on ya boy ye

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM
Don't worry, it's not actually starting yet, but as I'm off on holidays to Portugal for 2 weeks, with very limited internet access, I want to get a bit of feedback regarding the Tool we use, and even any scoring changes ye'd like to see.

www.nfl.com have launched a new free fantasy game,
www.espn.com has a well established fantasy game, which is the basis for the podcasts they do (ESPN Fantasy Focus Football)
www.yahoo.com is our own 5 year old home.

If anyone has any strong preferences, please let me know and I'll take a look. We've had to have two seperate leagues the past two seasons due to Yahoo capping at 20, so if any of these are better that would be a good start. It has to be head to head (i.e. weekly matchups) though, no league tables of points scored.

Cheers

Well.  Interested in signing up!!!!  Whats the procedure?

Oraisteach

AZ, I was unable to log on to the "B" championship--it said I was not part of the league.

On the issue of league size, I'd prefer no more than 10 tems per division.  Anything more dilutes the available talent pool.

Looking forward to this season.

Minder

Quote from: Oraisteach on July 30, 2012, 07:57:08 PM
AZ, I was unable to log on to the "B" championship--it said I was not part of the league.

On the issue of league size, I'd prefer no more than 10 tems per division.  Anything more dilutes the available talent pool.

Looking forward to this season.

Same for me, I followed the link in your invite email but it put me (North Antrim Nuggets) into the Jerry Rice C championship instead of the B Championship , can I remove myself from it?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Iceman

10 teams leaves everyone with a very strong team but then if one or two players get injured (as was the case last year) there is no room to come back with trades or with pickups as the teams are too strong.
Having 12-14 teams makes it more work than luck to win.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

ceiphas50

i have same problem as lads above, my invite landed me in the Lombardi & i should be in Walter Peyton
Superbowl V Winner/Champion of the World

AZOffaly

OK, just log in, and I'll sort it out. The emails are auto generated when you renew the league, but I've posted the actual URLs for each league above, so you can use them. Leave the wrong league, and go to the URL above.

magpie seanie

Quote from: The Iceman on July 30, 2012, 08:49:38 PM
10 teams leaves everyone with a very strong team but then if one or two players get injured (as was the case last year) there is no room to come back with trades or with pickups as the teams are too strong.
Having 12-14 teams makes it more work than luck to win.

If everyone is strong then the decisions over who to start are crucial. There's loads of skill and/or luck involved no matter what size each division is.

The Iceman

That wasn't my point. In a 14 team league no one team has a host of strong players starting and on the bench. In a 10 man league they do. Look at my team last year - I lost Foster in the first half of the season and Peyton for the whole Season - it left me in no position to compete because no matter what trades or pickups I could pull it would never match the depth of other teams.... thats a big down side to smaller leagues and stronger teams.

Oraisteach

Don't quite follow, Iceman.  If you lose Manning and Foster in a 14-team league, it's goodnight Irene.  There are simply no replacements out there, but in a 10-team set-up, you can find adequate substitutes, thereby assuring your continued interest in the competition.  Dilution is not the solution.  Boy, that was a crummy slogan.

Craigyhill Terror

Quote from: Oraisteach on August 03, 2012, 03:51:22 PM
Don't quite follow, Iceman.  If you lose Manning and Foster in a 14-team league, it's goodnight Irene.  There are simply no replacements out there, but in a 10-team set-up, you can find adequate substitutes, thereby assuring your continued interest in the competition.  Dilution is not the solution.  Boy, that was a crummy slogan.

Especially for Ribena

The Iceman

In a 14 team league I would never have Foster and Peyton unless everyone else was sleeping during the draft. I would have one or the other. Everyone get's one marquee player basically and some close to marquee.....

Oraisteach

All I know, Iceman, is that I play in another league of 14 players.  A couple of key injuries and you're done.  There's just nobody on waivers worth picking up up.  With 10, on the other hand, although you'll never recoup your initial loss, at least you've a chance to pick up a player or two who'll score some points.  Anyway, with Armagh doing a genie disappearing act and the Cleveland Indians folding like a deck chair, I'm looking forward to the fantasy season.

The Iceman

I'm looking forward to it too. If we can't agree on the number of teams per league can we agree on the 4 defensive players???