NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 20, 2011, 01:38:21 PM
By the way, heganboy if you read this board anymore ( :D) I sent you a few pms about them trophies. I just want to know do I need a plan B at this stage?

:D :D looks like it Az
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

declan85

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on December 20, 2011, 01:03:36 PM
Bugger. Think that's the 2nd time in 3 years I've lost in the first round of playoffs after getting top seed. Just can't catch a break. Switched out the Seahawks D (41 points) for the Giants D (6 points) at the last minute. Fecking cost me the game. Oh well still good fun this year.

I think the Clowns & the Tribesmen have met in the semis each of the last 3 years...
Caught a bit of last nites game waiting for Mike Wallace & the DL to get the 7 points needed. There was a blackout in the stadium when a transformer blew up outside the ground, delayed the start of the game and then at the start of the second quarter the lights went out again. Thought it was going to be abandoned with me a few points short...

magpie seanie

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on December 20, 2011, 01:03:36 PM
Bugger. Think that's the 2nd time in 3 years I've lost in the first round of playoffs after getting top seed. Just can't catch a break. Switched out the Seahawks D (41 points) for the Giants D (6 points) at the last minute. Fecking cost me the game. Oh well still good fun this year.

I thought you would win it. You deserved it over the season (like I did last year). I suppose thats what makes winning a championship so difficult.

Final against Ballyhaise for me again this year but its in the losers consolation group. Does the winner get a Bihatimber?

AZOffaly

Well, it's over for another year. It's been a very enjoyable season I think, and I like the 3 discrete competitions, so I think we'll keep that format. As always, any suggestions for next year are very welcome.

Sincere thanks to those who took part, all the  Championships were keenly contested, and I hope ye all (especially the newcomers) enjoyed it and it made the season more interesting for ye.

Anyway, without further ado, here is a roundup of the final games.

Jerry Rice 'C' Championship
The Final

Savage Bears 147.87 - 135.69 puppet master

It was the Savage Bears who rode their hot streak all the way to the title in the C Championship, and it was Rookie QB Cam Newton who proved the game changer in the final with 24.67 points. The Steelers D shut out the Rams for 21 points, and Maurice Jones-Drew had a big 20.20 points as well. For the puppet masters, Drew Brees and Roddy White gave them an outside chance going into Monday's game, but despite 22.59 and 19.35 points respectively, they just had too much ground to make up. A place in the 'B' championship next season is a grand consolation prize, but the 'C' championship goes to Offaly. Congratulations Savage Bears.

Third Place Play Off

Oraisteach's Browns 168.67 - 108.44 North Antrim Nuggets

In many ways the most impressive team in all leagues this year were the Browns, and it is fitting that they bounce back from an unexpected defeat in the semi final to claim third place, with an impressive 60 points to spare. Old reliables Aaron Rogers (28.56 points) and Wes Welker (21.25 points) did the majority of the damage, while the Nuggets best performer was Arizona WR Larry Fitzgerald with 19.25 points. Both teams will look for another good year in 'B' next season.

Other Results

Faithful Turfmen 'C' 171.98 - 82.93 Big Apple Orchards
The Curragh Rams 81.47 - 107.86 Superdubs

Walter Payton 'B' Championship
Final

Red Hand Helmets 140.80 - 100.98 Royal  Badgers

Tyrone celebrates the 'B' Championship this season as the Helmets had a comfortable win over the Meath Men in the B final, with almost 40 points seperating the teams at the end. Packers WR Jordy Nelson was the main man, in one of those streaky games he tends to have, with 25.75 points. Nelson was the standout performer in the tie, as the best the Badgers could come up with was 15.75 points from Ravens Running back Ray Rice. The Helmets will be delighted to have made their number 1 seeding pay off, the only team in the GAA Board Leagues to do that.

Third Place Play Off

Ruthless Rossies 167.11 - 108.98 Revis and Butthead

The #4 seed Rossies belied their seeding with a comprehensive demolition of the #2 Revis and Butthead in the third place play off, having almost 60 points to spare. Tom Brady (26.93) and Victor Cruz, the Giants WR with 21.20, were the heaviest hitters, but there were good scores throughout the Rossies team in week 16. Wes Welker did his bit for the Revis and Butthead team, as did Roddy White on Monday Night, but it was a forlorn chase. A competition to look forward to next year for both these teams, and that will be the main focus now.

Other Results

CAPT PATs Vikings 154.01 - 103.57 Craigyhill Terrors
Rehab is 4 quitters 130.72 - 119.81 Crossmaglen Hitmen

Joe Montana GAABoard Superbowl Championship

And so onto the main event. Our 2011 Superbowl Champions are

L'Esprit de Biff

Final

L'Esprit de Biff 129.89 - 128.34 Smackdown Clowns

What a final we had. After 14 regular season games and a semi final, 1.55 points was the sum total of a gap between the champions and runners up in our final. The Smackdown Clowns regeneration finally ran out of gas in the tightest of circumstances as it all came down to Monday Night. The Biffs held the lead with Lance Moore and Darren Sproles to play, while the Clowns had Drew Brees, and Marques Colston in harness. Brees scored 22.59 points, and Colston added 17.05 points. Given that Moore could only respond with 4.65 points for the Biffs, the Clowns looked good. However, the little big man, doing it all year, Darren Sproles came up big again for the Biffs, and his 18.13 point haul was just enough to seal the deal for the Biffs. It is ironic that had the Saints knelt on the ball with 2 minutes to go, the Clowns would be champions, but Bree's 9 yard throw to Sproles on the 2:19 mark gave the Saints a touchdown, and Brees 4 points. Unfortunately for the Clowns, it gave Sproles 6 points and gave the Biffs the win. Such are the vagaries of Fantasy Football, and it was a tight, tight finish. A suitable end to a great season. Congratulations to the Biffs, who bring it to Offaly, and hard luck to the Clowns, pipped at the post.

Third Place Playoff

Faithful Turfmen 'B' 147.48 - 123.46 Galway Bay Tribesmen
In the third place playoff the 'B' Turfmen wrapped up a successful season with a 24 point win over the #1 seed Tribesmen. Tom Brady, Arien Foster, Larry Fitzgerald and Brandon Pettigrew did the damage, while the Tribemen responded through Matt Stafford and Wes Welker in the main. Both of these teams will be looking to dial it up for one more step next season.

Other Results

Coolera Bears 115.10 - 141.37 Ballyhaise Bills
New York Jets V 126.02 - 112.96 mayo warriors

So that's it, thanks again for playing, and enjoy the playoffs and the Superbowl. I still hope to have trophies for the winners above, but my distributor has gone quiet on me :D I'll contact the winners if I can get it sorted soon.

See ye again next August please God, for another draft and away we'll go again, for our 8th incarnation!

mc_grens

The Iceman

Good work AZ!!! Enjoy this every year despite my performance.
I would push for at least 12 teams per league next year and if we dont have the players then consolidate to two leagues of 14.
4 Defensive positions was a better option in my opinion than an extra flex slot.
Thought the points allocation was spot on for the most part and I'm happy to stay with Yahoo format.

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Lone Shark

Preparations are already being made for the open top tour of Ferbane in honour of this great day for the parish.....

Seriously, much appreciation to AZ for his efforts in putting together an incredibly enjoyable league. I'm not sure this was a triumph for consistent performance over the course of the season, but the lads managed to deliver in the playoffs, and I'm quite honoured to be the first repeat winner of the GAAboard Superbowl!

One more win and I can start calling myself a dynasty.....  :D

eiled in the bushes

get some metal in your life

Oraisteach

Adding my thanks too.  Made for a fun season.  Great work.

Capt Pat

Quote from: The Iceman on December 30, 2011, 02:07:02 PM
4 Defensive positions was a better option in my opinion than an extra flex slot.

I agree with this. It meant there were no good players left after the draft.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Capt Pat on December 30, 2011, 10:22:54 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on December 30, 2011, 02:07:02 PM

I agree with this. It meant there were no good players left after the draft.

I was against it from the start but the way my IDP's went most of the season I'd have preferred no defensive players!

Thanks again AZ for running this so smoothly. Disappointing season for myself. Was always too low on the waiver wire to pick up the help I needed when expected studs like Britt and Dallas f**king Clark didn't work out though I made some bad mistakes too. Anyway, there's always next year.....pity its so far away.

Muck Savage

Fair play AZ for running a top class competition and giving the reports.

Good to see Offaly win the Senior and Junior comp  ;D

Let me know if you get the trophies, if not I'll get one myself to stick on the mantle piece and offer it up for next years Junior comp

the onion bag

Time to start gearing up for this again! Looking forward to getting back into Senior following my Tour de Force through the Intermediate ranks last year. The last time I won the big one was the year after Lone Shark won his first Gaaboard Superbowl so hopefully that's a good omen for the year ahead.

AZOffaly

Time to start cranking this up. The Cardinals are playing the Saints next week in the opening pre-season game!!. I've been away for a couple of weeks so I'll just take a look at our finishes from last year and post up which leagues I want ye all to join.

Basically the Division 1 will be the top 6 from last year, plus top 4 from Div 2

Div 2 will be bottom four from Division 1, 5 and 6 from Division 2 and Top 4 from Division 3

Division 3 2ill be bottom four from Division 2 and bottom 6 from division 3.

If we have lads dropping out, we will fill their slots with people from lower divisions, and get newbies into Div 3.

AZOffaly

OK, as always, I'll take suggestions regarding point scoring, roster position etc, but unless I have clear consensus on suggestions we won't be changing much.

The 2011 teams and their slated leagues for 2012 are :

Joe Montana GAABoard Superbowl (Division 1).

Go to http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/285730 password cardinals

1. Defending Champions L'Esprit de Biff.
2. Smackdown Clowns
3. Faithful Turfmen B
4. Galway Bay Tribesmen
5. Ballyhaise Bills
6. Coolera Bears
7. Walter Payton Champions 2011 - Red Hand Helmets
8. Royal Badgers
9. Ruthless Rossies
10. Revis and Butthead

Walter Payton 'B' Championship http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/285732 password cardinals

1. New York Jets V
2. Mayo Warriors
3. Shower of Tramps
4. Hegan's Helmets
5. Captain Pat's Vikings
6. Craigyhill Terrors
7. Savage Bears, 2011 Jerry Rice Champions
8. puppet master
9. Oraisteach's Browns
10. North Antrim Nuggets

Jerry Rice 'C' Championship http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/285739 password cardinals
1. Rehab is 4 Quitters
2. Crossmaglen Hitmen
3. Faithful Turfmen
4. O'Neill's Chargers
5. Big Apple Orchards
6. Faithful Turfmen C
7. Curragh Rams
8. Superdubs
9. Derry no clues
10. The Uibh Fhalians.

Which gives me a bit of a quandry because i need a team in each division to be commisioner of the division. Because my Payton team were relegated last year I have no team in B and 2 in C. This won't work, so I may have to rejig the B and C competitions. What do ye think?