No

magpie seanie

Quote from: Lone Shark on November 14, 2011, 12:10:09 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on November 14, 2011, 11:35:22 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on November 10, 2011, 10:47:48 AM
Quote from: mc_grens on November 09, 2011, 07:08:13 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on November 09, 2011, 05:04:37 PM
Quote from: Lone Shark on November 09, 2011, 04:48:55 PM
Delighted to have the spectre of relegation banished at least. It's all onwards and upwards from here - as soon as Darren McFadden gets back fit of course....

So long as its not this week or I've completely no hope against you!

I don't mind how long it takes him to get back- picked up Michael Bush when he first got hurt just in case it took him a while to get back. Guess that makes me a hawk!

I drafted Bush and held him all year cos I figured there was a good change of McFadden getting hurt. It was a calculated punt.

My smartness didn't last long. I left the Bears D/ST on the bench. Did mean to change it but never got around to it. Oh dear!

Jesus - I've never seen any player, any position score 47 points before. Obviously you still have a chance, nothing can be ruled out with Peterson, but you'd be coasting home with that switch all right.

I've a less than 10% chance I'd say. Rodgers is putting up crazy lines and no reason why he won't go well tonight. Looks like 4 teams going for 3 spots will all be 7-3.

47 points is just ridiculous.

mc_grens

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 14, 2011, 01:58:49 PM
Quote from: Lone Shark on November 14, 2011, 12:10:09 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on November 14, 2011, 11:35:22 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on November 10, 2011, 10:47:48 AM
Quote from: mc_grens on November 09, 2011, 07:08:13 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on November 09, 2011, 05:04:37 PM
Quote from: Lone Shark on November 09, 2011, 04:48:55 PM
Delighted to have the spectre of relegation banished at least. It's all onwards and upwards from here - as soon as Darren McFadden gets back fit of course....

So long as its not this week or I've completely no hope against you!

I don't mind how long it takes him to get back- picked up Michael Bush when he first got hurt just in case it took him a while to get back. Guess that makes me a hawk!

I drafted Bush and held him all year cos I figured there was a good change of McFadden getting hurt. It was a calculated punt.

My smartness didn't last long. I left the Bears D/ST on the bench. Did mean to change it but never got around to it. Oh dear!

Jesus - I've never seen any player, any position score 47 points before. Obviously you still have a chance, nothing can be ruled out with Peterson, but you'd be coasting home with that switch all right.

I've a less than 10% chance I'd say. Rodgers is putting up crazy lines and no reason why he won't go well tonight. Looks like 4 teams going for 3 spots will all be 7-3.

47 points is just ridiculous.

I had both the bears D and Michael Bush so I'm sitting at 169 points with Greg Jennings still to go tonight :-D

Also a few years back I had the Philly D and scored 54 points with them one week.

mc_grens

Did we name a division after Andy Reid?

If we did can we change it?

Take yesterday: #1 receiver is suspended; #2 gets injured early; QB gets broken ribs early. You have one of the best 5 running backs in the league having a career season, you give him the ball and ride him as much as possible, right?

Right?

You gave him 14 carries? You're fired.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mc_grens

Quote from: Minder on November 15, 2011, 07:58:46 AM
At what time today do rosters open again?

I think waivers ends at about 9:30 tomorrow morning Minder.

Minder

Quote from: mc_grens on November 15, 2011, 08:56:49 AM
Quote from: Minder on November 15, 2011, 07:58:46 AM
At what time today do rosters open again?

I think waivers ends at about 9:30 tomorrow morning Minder.

Cheers, Schaub out for the year :-(
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

declan85

Trade offered to the Ballyhaise Bills, can you check soon, the trade deadline is closing fast :)

magpie seanie

magpie seanie

Speaking of trades I was speechless at one I was offered yesterday. One of the leagues I play in was an autodraft league that I just joined up for the laugh. Have no idea who I am playing but after the draft I was chuffed with my team, especially as I had LeSean McCoy, Ray Rice and Fred Jackson. Trouble is you can only play 2 RB's so I'm committing the sin of haivng one of those 3 on my bench each week. I tried a few trades but nothing doing. With the trade deadline looming I stuck F-Jax on the block and got the following "offer":

Mark Sanchez and Willis McGahee for Fred Jackson and Tim Tebow. Bear in mind its standard scoring (i.e. 1 point for every 10 yards rushing) so Tebow is a starter most weeks (also have Rivers).

What do you say to that?

Capt Pat

No straight away. Sanchez will probably outscore Tebow tomorrow but after that Tebow is a better bet. Jackson is a lot better than McGahee

magpie seanie

I did say no straight away but I was tempted to send a bit of abuse! Alternatively I was thinking of offering him F-Jax for Megatron which in my eyes would be fairer than what he was proposing.

Oraisteach

Seanie, I'm curious to know what you wanted in return that you got no takers on your earlier offers.  To state the obvious, you have three franchise RBs there.

magpie seanie

Oraisteach - I was looking for a top 10 WR or a top 5 QB. I have a really good roster and they were the only ways to improve it (WR's now are Bowe, Welker, V-Jax, Lloyd and D. Moore and QB's are Rivers and Tebow, TE's are Gronk and Gonzo). I just traded Schaub and Cruz for Lloyd and Rivers!

I think no-one will deal with me because I have such a strong team (am 8-2 and have scored far and away the most points). I was willing to take a discount on one of the 3 but not get totally ripped off. Too late now so at least if one of them goes down or loses form I've an equal replacement.

Oraisteach

That IS an impressive team you have. Even though you don't have Rodgers, Brees or Brady, you have a juggernaut.  I can't believe you sustained two losses.  I'd hate the luxury of having to bench any one of those RBs.  In my other league, I'd be on cloud nine if I had any ONE of those three.  I don't have running backs.  I have out-for-a-leisurely-stroll backs.  I too have the most points because my  league gives crazy points for QB performance, and I have Brees.

magpie seanie

I don't know how I lost 2 games myself, was awful unlucky those weeks. The guy who beat me narrowly in the first week hasn't got within 25 points of his total that week since. For the second "L" I was struggling with McCoy, F-Jax, Welker and Gronk on bye and my opponent had Foster going over 100 yards receiving and rushing and 3 TD's to beat me by <4 points!

Just goes to show how hard it is to win one of these things.