NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

AZOffaly

By the way, I think it was declan who was asking about moving the playoff weeks to 15 and 16 instead of 16 and 17, on the basis that a lot of lads get burned when people sit if they have the division wrapped up, etc.

I have no objection to this in principle, but I think the NFL have recognised that themselves, and if you look at the last two weeks of the season, there are a lot more intra division and intra conference games, which mean it'll be harder for people to sit out as the division may not be locked up yet, and wild cards etc will still be in the pot.

Week 16

Carolina @ Pittsburgh
Dallas @ Arizona - Conference game
New England @ Buffalo - Division Game
NY Jets @ Chicago
San Francisco @ Saint Louis - Division Game
Detroit @ Miami
Minnesota @ Philly - Conference Game
Seattle @ Tampa - Conference Game
Washington @ Jacksonville
Baltimore @ Cleveland - Division Game
Tennessee @ Kansas City - Conference Game
Indianapolis @ Oakland - Conference Game
Houston @ Denver - Conference Game
NY Giants @ Green Bay - Conference Game
San Diego @ cincinnatti - Conference Game
New Orleans @ Atlanta - Division Game

Week 17 is *all* division games. On that basis I think it's okay to stay on weeks 16 and 17. What do ye think?

the Deel Rover

i know its early to be saying this and you are organising the golf classic in September Az but i wonder how many would be interested in meeting up for the super bowl final in some location next year
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

mc_grens

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 06, 2010, 09:18:49 AM
By the way, I think it was declan who was asking about moving the playoff weeks to 15 and 16 instead of 16 and 17, on the basis that a lot of lads get burned when people sit if they have the division wrapped up, etc.

I have no objection to this in principle, but I think the NFL have recognised that themselves, and if you look at the last two weeks of the season, there are a lot more intra division and intra conference games, which mean it'll be harder for people to sit out as the division may not be locked up yet, and wild cards etc will still be in the pot.

Week 16

Carolina @ Pittsburgh
Dallas @ Arizona - Conference game
New England @ Buffalo - Division Game
NY Jets @ Chicago
San Francisco @ Saint Louis - Division Game
Detroit @ Miami
Minnesota @ Philly - Conference Game
Seattle @ Tampa - Conference Game
Washington @ Jacksonville
Baltimore @ Cleveland - Division Game
Tennessee @ Kansas City - Conference Game
Indianapolis @ Oakland - Conference Game
Houston @ Denver - Conference Game
NY Giants @ Green Bay - Conference Game
San Diego @ cincinnatti - Conference Game
New Orleans @ Atlanta - Division Game

Week 17 is *all* division games. On that basis I think it's okay to stay on weeks 16 and 17. What do ye think?

Completely agree AZ. Was gonna suggest this myself after last year but I forgot. Good call Minder.

AZOffaly

Sorry McGrens, agree with what? I'm saying leave it as is because the NFL have catered for it themselves, whereas Minder (was it?) wanted to move the playoffs forward.

I guess it'll be unlikely that the Colts will be sitting Manning if they are playing the Titans in the last game.

The Claw

I wouldn't be totally against having it in week 15,16 but I would prefer for it to stay at week 17. Its part of the excitement whether they will start. I remember last year in another league I participated in that I was two points away from winning my leage. I just needed two points from Thomas Jones against the Bengals and he had been killing them all day, all I need was 20 more yards... what happened? Woodhead comes on and takes the last 5 snaps or so, I lose the final.

But that is part of it IMO, you have to pay attention to who usually sits their starters etc

The Claw

By the way GT - is the draft really going to be a six in the morning? That would actually suit me becaue I cannot access yahoo here at work!!

AZOffaly

It's 2 PM Irish time. So whereever you are in the world from that :D

The Claw

Right, might have to pull an extra long lunch out of the bag!

mc_grens

Meant I agree with Minder. Many of the Division races will be over by the last weekend I think.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Even with every game in the last week being a Division game? If that's the consensus I'm fine with it, but I think it might not be as big an issue this year.

AZOffaly

Drafts are Thursday 26th or Fri 27th of August. 2 PM. Check your league to see which one you're in.

Rossie11

My tuppence worth. Regardless of divisional matchups week 15 and 16 will have a higher number of "honest" games than week 17. There should be more teams still in with a chance of winning divisions, making playoffs etc than there will be in the final match.

BallyhaiseMan

I say leave it,as it is,Its always great craic panicing when you have about 5 starters being rested for the last week,when you desperately need a win,when you should have planned ahead 2/3 weeks before  :D
(or is it just me thats happened to)

declan85

Still no takers for the 14th & last place in the Montana Conference... Is everyone back in from last year or are some missing?