AFL 2010

Started by Never beat the deeler, March 25, 2010, 10:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Poor old Demons, just watched the highlights of the Melbourne V Collingwood.

Ya Ben Cousins is a right twat, watcing Richmond V Western Bulldogs now.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

JimStynes

Cousins was and still is a great player. One of the best midfielders of his generation, dont listen to Aerlik hes just a jealous Freo supporter. Ive been impressed with Barlow from  Freo so far this season, highest possession winner in his 1st two games of AFL football. The Freo recruitment department done some job getting him.

JimStynes

Aerlik

Quote from: JimStynes on April 09, 2010, 12:41:17 AM
Cousins was and still is a great player. ::) One of the best midfielders of his generation, dont listen to Aerlik hes just a jealous Freo supporter.

He was made to look 'great' by the grafters in the team, i.e. Judd and Kerr.  He would never go to ground for a contested ball and ALWAYS hung off the pack waiting for the pass to run.  There's talk today on the wireless that he is in bother again.  And we won't even begin to mention his connections with Perth's lowlives...his suppliers no doubt.

Great win for St.Kilda v Collingwood tonight.  The pies kicked 9 singles for the whole second half.  4.17 in total.  Only Cloke of the recognised forwards scored.  Bad news for Saints, though, with Nick Reiwoldt tearing the hammy.  He was taking a mark and grabbed the leg mid air and fell a fair clatter on his schnozzle.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

JimStynes

The half the AFL is at the drugs, do i need to bring up the Freo players who i witnessed taking drugs??  Cousins was a great player before and Judd and Kerr arrived on the scene. The man was afl rising star, has about 6 or 7 All Australian awards, a brownlow, numerous club b&f awards, a premiership, etc Yes he is a dickhead but no1 can deny he was a great player.

Listened to the game on the internet earlier (anyone know a good site that streams the games live) and sounded like St Kilda has plyers going down all over the place. Low scoring game by AFL standards. As i said before Marty Clarke is bound to ask himself why the hell did he come home while watching these games.

Aerlik

Quote from: JimStynes on April 09, 2010, 05:03:47 PM
Cousins was a great player before and Judd and Kerr arrived on the scene. The man was afl rising star,...true...

has about 6 or 7 All Australian awards, a brownlow, numerous club b&f awards, a premiership
all whilst he was on the whizz...fact.  Even his da admitted it.
I've been to about a dozen derbies and a few Eagles games and he did feck all tackling. 

Carmen Stateside

Swans vs Richmond
http://p2pstation.net/afl.html

Stream has been takin down so dont bother trying link.  Swans winning easy at the start. Away to work :(

JimStynes

Quote from: Aerlik on April 09, 2010, 05:23:15 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on April 09, 2010, 05:03:47 PM
Cousins was a great player before and Judd and Kerr arrived on the scene. The man was afl rising star,...true...

has about 6 or 7 All Australian awards, a brownlow, numerous club b&f awards, a premiership
all whilst he was on the whizz...fact.  Even his da admitted it.
I've been to about a dozen derbies and a few Eagles games and he did feck all tackling.

Same as Buddy Franklin, same as Palmer (Freo rising start who i witness taking drugs) and same as ur hero Jeff Farmer. The whole lot of them are on the drugs.

Aerlik

I'm just in from the Fremantle-Geelong game.  What a win.  The best game/atmosphere I've experienced in any AFL game.  If you want a lesson in how never to give up to show your team then show them the last quarter of the is game.

Talk about never giving in.  This season has started in the best way for us.  3 out of 3.  Three weeks ago I was expecting 0 out of 4!

Aerlik

Round 4 last weekend didn't provide any real "shocks" as such but this weekend (round 5) has given us two and we're only half way through.

Melbourne, at one time favourites for the wooden spoon, walloped Brisbane Lions by 53 points yesterday in Melbourne.  Great to see Jim Stynes in the crowd cheering on his men. 
Port Adelaide, fresh off a 90 point-plus hiding from Geelong last weekend, beat St.Kilda by 10 last night.  This was an average game to be honest.

Just hope Richmond don't get above my boys tonight.

red hander

Quote from: Aerlik on April 25, 2010, 05:20:13 AM
Round 4 last weekend didn't provide any real "shocks" as such but this weekend (round 5) has given us two and we're only half way through.

Melbourne, at one time favourites for the wooden spoon, walloped Brisbane Lions by 53 points yesterday in Melbourne.  Great to see Jim Stynes in the crowd cheering on his men. 
Port Adelaide, fresh off a 90 point-plus hiding from Geelong last weekend, beat St.Kilda by 10 last night.  This was an average game to be honest.

Just back from Oz after month out there where I took in Brisbane v Carlton at the Gabba and Carlton v Essendon at the MCG.  Melbourne's tanking of Brisbane is some shock, I was very impressed by the Lions with Fevola and the captain (forgot his name) up front.  Carlton and Setanta were poor enough against the Bombers... was talking to a former AFL player in Melbourne whose three sons play currently and he was saying he didn't think Walsh would make it at St Kilda... impressed by the family atmosphere at games, very like the GAA

Aerlik

An average win tonight.  Ah well, 4-1 is to be enjoyed.  Now for the derby next Sunday.  Tickets anyone?

johnpower

Quote from: red hander on April 25, 2010, 05:37:40 PM
Quote from: Aerlik on April 25, 2010, 05:20:13 AM

Just back from Oz after month out there where I took in Brisbane v Carlton at the Gabba and Carlton v Essendon at the MCG.  Melbourne's tanking of Brisbane is some shock, I was very impressed by the Lions with Fevola and the captain (forgot his name) up front.  Carlton and Setanta were poor enough against the Bombers... was talking to a former AFL player in Melbourne whose three sons play currently and he was saying he didn't think Walsh would make it at St Kilda... impressed by the family atmosphere at games, very like the GAA

Interesting to hear that Walsh is unlikely to make it .Any idea what the reasons are ?? Is he too late to the game or is a case of just not fitting in ?

JimStynes

Walsh was named in the best for Sandringham, St Kilda 2nd side, this week. OReilly from Down is doing well for Richmonds 2nds, with Richmond being piss poor he mite end up getting a game with the 1st by the end of the year. Pearce Hanley is doing well for the Lions 2nds, hes expected to be called up to the lions first team this week. And Big Niall McKeever was named in the best for the Lions 2nd team this week.

johnpower

Quote from: JimStynes on April 25, 2010, 11:27:08 PM
Walsh was named in the best for Sandringham, St Kilda 2nd side, this week. OReilly from Down is doing well for Richmonds 2nds, with Richmond being piss poor he mite end up getting a game with the 1st by the end of the year. Pearce Hanley is doing well for the Lions 2nds, hes expected to be called up to the lions first team this week. And Big Niall McKeever was named in the best for the Lions 2nd team this week.

Thanks for the update, I hope it goes well for all these guys ?