Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: tiempo on November 19, 2017, 10:04:08 AM
John O'Dowd would be a good canditate for party leader. Though an easy bogey man for Unionists due to Belfast brogue and beard.

Belfast brogue ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Avondhu star

John O'Dowd would be a good canditate for party leader. Though an easy bogey man for Unionists due to Belfast brogue and beard.

Anyone would be a bogey man for the Unionists. If they're not they aren't doing their job
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Applesisapples

I don't see Gerry as a hero, I don't particularly like his delivery of speeches and his use of Irish comes across as unnatural. That said no matter what Seamus Mallon says, without him and Martin McGuinness pushing from within the Northern peace process would have floundered. SF under his leadership have undoubtedly pushed unionism towards equality, though they are not quite there yet. Like him or not he has been a significant influence on modern Irish history.

Rossfan

Doesn't matter as ex FFr Marylou has already been chosen.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Applesisapples

Quote from: Rossfan on November 21, 2017, 01:34:25 PM
Doesn't matter as ex FFr Marylou has already been chosen.
By the way his accent is pure Lurgan spade, complete with colloquialisms.

trentoneill15

I don't vote for any party, I have no interest in lining the pockets of clowns, no party represent my views, you have to laugh at these clowns, do they really think a unified Ireland is possible without a population displacement?

Therealdonald

Funny enough this clown here thinks that it is possible. But as I've said in earlier posts, there's too many middle of the road types about these days. Which ironically enough are linked to SF and the chances that catholics receive now in terms of education. Reading on here, we could safely guess that most posters on a gaaboard forum are catholics, with a fair few coming from the North. I can't help but feel that if Gerry was to read this thread he would feel like Jack Nicholson's Col Jessop  in '' A few Good Men"....

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. ''

Rossfan

Quote from: trentoneill15 on November 21, 2017, 03:41:58 PM
I don't vote for any party, I have no interest in lining the pockets of clowns, no party represent my views, you have to laugh at these clowns, do they really think a unified Ireland is possible without a population displacement?
Maybe you could be displaced to Rockall....

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Rossfan on November 21, 2017, 04:00:49 PM

I second this motion.

michaelg

Quote from: Applesisapples on November 21, 2017, 11:20:01 AM
I don't see Gerry as a hero, I don't particularly like his delivery of speeches and his use of Irish comes across as unnatural. That said no matter what Seamus Mallon says, without him and Martin McGuinness pushing from within the Northern peace process would have floundered. SF under his leadership have undoubtedly pushed unionism towards equality, though they are not quite there yet. Like him or not he has been a significant influence on modern Irish history.
What is the point of his occasional use of Irish within a speech which is predominantly delivered in English?  It just sounds a bit ridiculous imo.

Avondhu star

Quote from: OgraAnDun on November 21, 2017, 04:01:43 PM

I second this motion.

All in favour raise your right hand

trentoneill15

I found that comment funny, thanks for bringing some joy to my day.
I don't get your logic though, Sinn Feiners go on about accepting others but why can you not accept Catholics like me who know a unified Ireland will never happen with your tactics.

Rossfan

I accept everyone's right to have an opinion no matter how silly.
These lúdramáns might suit you

https://www.nationalparty.ie/en/

Rossfan

Will we have a General Election before Christmas or will An Tánaiste fall on her sword "in the Interest of the Country " as the Blueshirts and the Builders/Auctioneers dig in?

Avondhu star

Quote from: Rossfan on November 24, 2017, 07:52:32 AM
Will we have a General Election before Christmas or will An Tánaiste fall on her sword "in the Interest of the Country " as the Blueshirts and the Builders/Auctioneers dig in?

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the party