Author Topic: Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.  (Read 308154 times)

johnneycool

• who loves ya baby!
    • View Profile
Re: Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.
« Reply #4290 on: November 19, 2017, 09:17:27 AM »
Matt Carthy speech was sensational, called out the bullshiters.

Two genuine heroes gone inside a year basically. Ireland and specifically the North will be worse off,he can be glad of his legacy of leaving the north a lot closer to being unified than when he inherited the party and most importantly Catholics are no longer second class citizens in the North. TAL Gerry.

The North is more divided than it has ever been

You obviously don't live where I live!!!

Nor where I live either.

tiempo

• View Profile
« Reply #4291 on: November 19, 2017, 10:04:08 AM »
John O'Dowd would be a good canditate for party leader. Though an easy bogey man for Unionists due to Belfast brogue and beard.

Minder

• View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: November 19, 2017, 10:11:46 AM »
John O'Dowd would be a good canditate for party leader. Though an easy bogey man for Unionists due to Belfast brogue and beard.

Belfast brogue ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Avondhu star

• View Profile
« Reply #4293 on: November 19, 2017, 11:31:28 AM »

Anyone would be a bogey man for the Unionists. If they're not they aren't doing their job
We have declared for an Irish Republic. We will live under no other law

Applesisapples

• View Profile
« Reply #4294 on: November 21, 2017, 11:20:01 AM »
I don't see Gerry as a hero, I don't particularly like his delivery of speeches and his use of Irish comes across as unnatural. That said no matter what Seamus Mallon says, without him and Martin McGuinness pushing from within the Northern peace process would have floundered. SF under his leadership have undoubtedly pushed unionism towards equality, though they are not quite there yet. Like him or not he has been a significant influence on modern Irish history.

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #4295 on: November 21, 2017, 01:34:25 PM »
Doesn't matter as ex FFr Marylou has already been chosen.
2017 Double Connacht Champions

Applesisapples

• View Profile
« Reply #4296 on: November 21, 2017, 01:54:18 PM »
Doesn't matter as ex FFr Marylou has already been chosen.
By the way his accent is pure Lurgan spade, complete with colloquialisms.

trentoneill15

• View Profile
« Reply #4297 on: November 21, 2017, 03:41:58 PM »
I don't vote for any party, I have no interest in lining the pockets of clowns, no party represent my views, you have to laugh at these clowns, do they really think a unified Ireland is possible without a population displacement?

Therealdonald

• View Profile
« Reply #4298 on: November 21, 2017, 03:59:14 PM »
Funny enough this clown here thinks that it is possible. But as I've said in earlier posts, there's too many middle of the road types about these days. Which ironically enough are linked to SF and the chances that catholics receive now in terms of education. Reading on here, we could safely guess that most posters on a gaaboard forum are catholics, with a fair few coming from the North. I can't help but feel that if Gerry was to read this thread he would feel like Jack Nicholson's Col Jessop  in '' A few Good Men"....

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. ''

Rossfan

• View Profile
« Reply #4299 on: November 21, 2017, 04:00:49 PM »
I don't vote for any party, I have no interest in lining the pockets of clowns, no party represent my views, you have to laugh at these clowns, do they really think a unified Ireland is possible without a population displacement?
Maybe you could be displaced to Rockall....

OgraAnDun

• View Profile
« Reply #4300 on: November 21, 2017, 04:01:43 PM »

I second this motion.

michaelg

• View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: November 21, 2017, 05:21:12 PM »
I don't see Gerry as a hero, I don't particularly like his delivery of speeches and his use of Irish comes across as unnatural. That said no matter what Seamus Mallon says, without him and Martin McGuinness pushing from within the Northern peace process would have floundered. SF under his leadership have undoubtedly pushed unionism towards equality, though they are not quite there yet. Like him or not he has been a significant influence on modern Irish history.
What is the point of his occasional use of Irish within a speech which is predominantly delivered in English?  It just sounds a bit ridiculous imo.

Avondhu star

• View Profile
« Reply #4302 on: November 21, 2017, 06:37:26 PM »

I second this motion.

All in favour raise your right hand
We have declared for an Irish Republic. We will live under no other law

trentoneill15

• View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: November 21, 2017, 08:36:10 PM »

I found that comment funny, thanks for bringing some joy to my day.
I don't get your logic though, Sinn Feiners go on about accepting others but why can you not accept Catholics like me who know a unified Ireland will never happen with your tactics.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 08:39:00 PM by trentoneill15 »

Rossfan

• View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: November 21, 2017, 09:13:08 PM »
I accept everyone's right to have an opinion no matter how silly.
These lúdramáns might suit you

https://www.nationalparty.ie/en/