Man on the moon - 40 years ago

Started by bcarrier, June 21, 2009, 09:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 22, 2009, 11:00:41 AM
For what its worth, I was over in NASA a few months ago in Houston and according to what the tour guides said the plan is to go back to the moon within the next 10-12 years and Mars 10 years following that. Apparently the soil/rock on the moon is rich in some compound that can be used for energy (He3 ???) so now that we've done a good job of raping our planet of its natural resources we can start using our moon.
Yes because all those people on the moon will be affected by using any natural resources  :-\

Quote from: longball on June 22, 2009, 01:15:10 PM
i have no evidence that they were faked never have i said that they def are faked i said that no1 will ever know except the ones that were there. all im saying is that i dont buy into it. cant see how they could do it 40 years ago not a bother and now they cant seems funny to me. but as i say this is just my opinion and dont take offence i dont wanta spoil peoples memories.

hi wasnt it amazing when that spider bit peter parker and now he has superpowers. it was on v it must be true.

Why would they go back? What is to be gained? Forty years ago there was a Cold War "space race" so the missions were driven primarily by ideology, and to show the other side that they went to the moon because they could. If a reason arises for a manned mission to the moon then no doubt the US government will look into it, but we live in a risk averse society so the pros of any mission must outweigh the cons.
Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 22, 2009, 01:28:08 PM
what evidence have you that it was real gnevin? you seen some footage of it?
A thousand people wouldnt need to be involved in a simple recording sent to nasa control. 

The "moonlanding" was simply a brillant and perfectly executed PR stunt.   Fair play to those involved, imo, they fooled the world. 
In your opinion.

nifan

QuoteThe "moonlanding" was simply a brillant and perfectly executed PR stunt.  Fair play to those involved, imo, they fooled the world.

Do the people who think it was fake think that people have gone to the moon in the mean time?

longball

I believe that they have been to the moon since but cant see how they were able to do it 40 years ago without a problem then struggle to do it again. did someone forget to write the directions down?

Must look about that back to the future car and travel back to witness it myself.... bound to be able to do that it was on TV it must be true  ::)
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

longrunsthefox

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 22, 2009, 01:28:08 PM
A thousand people wouldnt need to be involved in a simple recording sent to nasa control. 

The "moonlanding" was simply a brillant and perfectly executed PR stunt.  Fair play to those involved, imo, they fooled the world. 

...but there's no fooling you Pints  8)

Gnevin

Quote from: pintsofguinness link=topic=12698.msg#msg date=

The "moonlanding" was simply a brillant and perfectly executed PR stunt.  Fair play to those involved, imo, they fooled the world. 

Occam's razor would suggest in face of large amounts of independent evidence and not one credible hoax theory we went to the moon

At what level was the decision made to fake it ? How many people would be needed to set up the set, record it , sent the recording back to NASA. Your easily into the Hundreds .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gnevin

Quote from: longball link=topic=12698.msg#msg date=
i have no evidence that they were faked never have i said that they def are faked i said that no1 will ever know except the ones that were there. all im saying is that i dont buy into it. cant see how they could do it 40 years ago not a bother and now they cant seems funny to me. but as i say this is just my opinion and dont take offence i dont wanta spoil peoples memories.

hi wasnt it amazing when that spider bit peter parker and now he has superpowers. it was on v it must be true.

Why would we return to the moon without a further goal (i.e mars)  . It costs trillions and is a barren rock .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

nifan

The cost of the apollo missions calculated at approximately $135 billion (inflated to 2005 equivalent).
Obviously they where not going to continue to fund this for no further gain.

What is it that makes people think it had to be faked? Do you not believe that the technology existed for moon landings? Which bit was missing?

Gnevin

Quote from: nifan on June 22, 2009, 02:23:16 PM
The cost of the apollo missions calculated at approximately $135 billion (inflated to 2005 equivalent).
Obviously they where not going to continue to fund this for no further gain.

What is it that makes people think it had to be faked? Do you not believe that the technology existed for moon landings? Which bit was missing?
I assume that is per mission?

nifan

stew

The moon landing happened lads, there is absolutely no credible evidence to suggest otherwise.

Talk to me when the Russians decide to fight the landing, given that they were sworn enemies of the Americans at the time, they accepted the yanks got there first why cant you lot do the same?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

bcarrier

To my mind the images are not convincing but the existence of these lunar retroreflectors seem to provide indisputable evidence that we did get something to land there (unless of course we didnt put them there  ;).

longball

Speaking of weird PMs  :o
Quote from: jimbo on June 22, 2009, 01:11:31 PM
Longball, the whole thing is a fake. If u wanta meet up and talk about it PM me back, we can meet just bring a 15 inch dildo and plently of lube. Chat l8r

xxx Jimbo

Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

jimbo

Quote from: Gnevin on June 22, 2009, 02:55:20 PM
Quote from: muppet on June 22, 2009, 02:54:18 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on June 22, 2009, 02:49:59 PM
Quote from: muppet on June 22, 2009, 02:48:32 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on June 22, 2009, 02:44:20 PM
Quote from: muppet on June 22, 2009, 02:42:31 PM
QuoteShould I have left it up there to be believed when it's clearly fake

Should I have left 'Achems Razor' up there to believed when it is clearly gibberish?

Difference between a typo and a urban legend now in fairness. What ever I don't have time to humour you.

The 'urban legend' was a joke, until you spoiled it and Achems/Occams is quite a typo. 50% of the letters wrong. Either way harldy any need for you to insult me via PM is it?
It was a joke. Complete missed than sorry. Hardly insulting now was it?

Low enough on a scale of 1 to 10 but you still took the time to send it and use a PM so others wouldn't see it.

Well I didn't want to ruin this thread with a personal back and forth . Ironic no?   ;)

::) Now you have a personal back and forth with the Mod's and a thread to back it up!!!

jimbo

Quote from: longball on June 22, 2009, 02:57:37 PM
Speaking of weird PMs  :o
Quote from: jimbo on June 22, 2009, 01:11:31 PM
Longball, the whole thing is a fake. If u wanta meet up and talk about it PM me back, we can meet just bring a 15 inch dildo and plently of lube. Chat l8r

xxx Jimbo

Ah you poor sad uneducated wee boy noone paying you any attention son; bless!! so you start making up PM's.  Hardly up there with faking a moon landing, but horses for courses. :D  :D :D

Maiden1

Like someone says earlier no one can be 100% sure unless they where there.  Could Stanley Kubrik create a credible 10 minute movie in a studio in 1969 that looked real, probably IMO.  There are plenty of reasons to fake the moon landing.

Reason's to fake

Moon landing too difficult technically in 1969 and more expensive than expected.
Cold war, proving they where better than the russians.
Distraction from the Vietnam war.
Kennedy promised to do it by end of the decade.

Reason not to fake

They had the technology and the know how to go to the moon so no need to fake it.

There is no need to insult anyone for having a different point of view.
There are no proofs, only opinions.