Man on the moon - 40 years ago

Started by bcarrier, June 21, 2009, 09:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcarrier

milltown row

the film Capricorn 1 was a true story 8)

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

muppet

Legendary story:

When Apollo Mission Astronaut Neil Armstrong first walked on the moon, he not only gave his famous "one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind" statement but followed it by several remarks, usual com traffic between him, the other astronauts and Mission Control. Just before he re-entered the lander, however, he made the enigmatic remark "Good luck, Mr. Gorsky."

Many people at NASA thought it was a casual remark concerning some rival Soviet Cosmonaut. However, upon checking, there was no Gorsky in either the Russian or American space programs. Over the years many people questioned Armstrong as to what the "Good luck, Mr. Gorsky" statement meant, but Armstrong always just smiled.

On July 5, 1995 (in Tampa Bay, FL) while answering questions following a speech, a reporter brought up the 26 year old question to Armstrong. This time he finally responded. Mr. Gorsky had finally died and so Neil Armstrong felt he could answer the question.

When he was a kid, he was playing baseball with a friend in the backyard. His friend hit a fly ball which landed in the front of his neighbor's bedroom windows. His neighbors were Mr. & Mrs. Gorsky.

As he leaned down to pick up the ball, young Armstrong heard Mrs. Gorsky shouting at Mr. Gorsky, "Oral sex! You want oral sex?! You'll get oral sex when the kid next door walks on the moon!"

MWWSI 2017

milltown row

what annoys me is this. if they did it 40 years ago, why don't they do it again????

surely it must be a simple task compared to 4o years ago

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: muppet on June 21, 2009, 09:58:28 PM
Legendary story:

When Apollo Mission Astronaut Neil Armstrong first walked on the moon, he not only gave his famous "one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind" statement but followed it by several remarks, usual com traffic between him, the other astronauts and Mission Control. Just before he re-entered the lander, however, he made the enigmatic remark "Good luck, Mr. Gorsky."

Many people at NASA thought it was a casual remark concerning some rival Soviet Cosmonaut. However, upon checking, there was no Gorsky in either the Russian or American space programs. Over the years many people questioned Armstrong as to what the "Good luck, Mr. Gorsky" statement meant, but Armstrong always just smiled.

On July 5, 1995 (in Tampa Bay, FL) while answering questions following a speech, a reporter brought up the 26 year old question to Armstrong. This time he finally responded. Mr. Gorsky had finally died and so Neil Armstrong felt he could answer the question.

When he was a kid, he was playing baseball with a friend in the backyard. His friend hit a fly ball which landed in the front of his neighbor's bedroom windows. His neighbors were Mr. & Mrs. Gorsky.

As he leaned down to pick up the ball, young Armstrong heard Mrs. Gorsky shouting at Mr. Gorsky, "Oral sex! You want oral sex?! You'll get oral sex when the kid next door walks on the moon!"

Brilliant ;D

Orior

Quote from: milltown row on June 21, 2009, 10:05:25 PM
what annoys me is this. if they did it 40 years ago, why don't they do it again????

surely it must be a simple task compared to 40 years ago

1) There's no point
2) They've a better understanding of the risks involved

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

longrunsthefox

Quote from: milltown row on June 21, 2009, 10:05:25 PM

surely it must be a simple task compared to 4o years ago

They do it a second time but was like the Giants causeway... you see it once...

Gnevin

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 21, 2009, 10:06:27 PM
Legendary story:

Brilliant ;D

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/mrgorsky.asp
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Gnevin on June 21, 2009, 11:23:47 PM
Quote from: bcarrier on June 21, 2009, 09:53:05 PM
I dont believe it. Do you ?
Easier to go than to fake.
It would be easier to go to the moon than to fake a landing?

What are you smoking.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

muppet

Quote from: Gnevin on June 21, 2009, 11:22:14 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 21, 2009, 10:06:27 PM
Legendary story:

Brilliant ;D

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/mrgorsky.asp

Spoilsport.
MWWSI 2017

Gnevin

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 21, 2009, 11:39:42 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on June 21, 2009, 11:23:47 PM
Quote from: bcarrier on June 21, 2009, 09:53:05 PM
I dont believe it. Do you ?
Easier to go than to fake.
It would be easier to go to the moon than to fake a landing?

What are you smoking.
Fake a landing which 1,000's of people knew about but never said and the soviets never caught a sniff of this super massive cover up .

magpie seanie

For what its worth, I was over in NASA a few months ago in Houston and according to what the tour guides said the plan is to go back to the moon within the next 10-12 years and Mars 10 years following that. Apparently the soil/rock on the moon is rich in some compound that can be used for energy (He3 ???) so now that we've done a good job of raping our planet of its natural resources we can start using our moon.

Orior

Plans to build an Irish pub on the moon have been scrapped - they reckon it will have no atmosphere. Boom Boom! I thank you ladies and gentlemen. You've been a great audience ;D
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians