Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Quote from: Jim Bob on January 29, 2018, 11:13:27 PM
Quote from: longballin on January 24, 2018, 06:01:09 PM
Apparently County Committee has stopped it.

It's going ahead. Being advertised this evening on FB.

apparently can do it now but cant reserve seats in the stand. Talk of getting young lads into the seats early and then giving them up before the game... unless its moved to Armagh I suppose  : 0

LeoMc

Quote from: longballin on January 30, 2018, 08:34:25 AM

apparently can do it now but cant reserve seats in the stand. Talk of getting young lads into the seats early and then giving them up before the game... unless its moved to Armagh I suppose  : 0
Do Omagh supply the majority of the stewards for County games?

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: LeoMc on January 30, 2018, 10:17:46 AM

I'd imagine they would supply a fair percentage of stewards, but I also think Tyrone county officials will be watching this situation closely. Last thing Mickey Kerr needs as a new chair is bad manners from a load of club delegates because he couldn't stand up to Omagh.

There is also a fair chance Healy Park pitch won't beat the weather.
Living the dream!!!

tiempo

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on January 30, 2018, 12:23:11 PM

I'd imagine they would supply a fair percentage of stewards, but I also think Tyrone county officials will be watching this situation closely. Last thing Mickey Kerr needs as a new chair is bad manners from a load of club delegates because he couldn't stand up to Omagh.

Good Carmen man like that be fit to stand up to An Omaigh sure

redzone

A lot of history in recent years between Kerr (fixture maker) and omagh chairman over Healy park. County board need to come down hard on omagh. County board should run their own halftime draw and bring in a few food vans. All the money omagh lift anyway goes into croziers pocket.

redhandofgod

And they still wont sort their playing surface out!! Leaving it so the county board will sort for them eventually, complete joke. If it was any other club they would have it sorted by now. The amount of games called off when it rains is embarrassing.

tiempo

Quote from: redzone on January 31, 2018, 07:21:21 AM

A lot of history in recent years between Kerr (fixture maker) and omagh chairman over Healy park. County board need to come down hard on omagh. County board should run their own halftime draw and bring in a few food vans. All the money omagh lift anyway goes into croziers pocket.

How would you qualify come down hard? Sanctions, fines, other? Would there be a particular section of the official guide or county by-laws Omagh are in breach of?

ps Dinky is a good Carmen man that much has been established, there was rumours he was gonna be invovled with Omagh this year, not sure has there ever been a Carmen man over Omagh? Few Omagh one's involved with Carmen in recent years if i remember correctly?

skeog

Dinky with Omagh Willie Frazer would be more popular.

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: tiempo on January 31, 2018, 10:48:38 AM

How would you qualify come down hard? Sanctions, fines, other? Would there be a particular section of the official guide or county by-laws Omagh are in breach of?

ps Dinky is a good Carmen man that much has been established, there was rumours he was gonna be invovled with Omagh this year, not sure has there ever been a Carmen man over Omagh? Few Omagh one's involved with Carmen in recent years if i remember correctly?

County Board has been harsh enough on Omagh in recent times. Not permitting them the use of Garvaghy towards the end of last year as well as shifting their championship match to Armagh etc. Omagh nor the county board will be leaving Healy Park anytime soon so perhaps cooling the jets, rather than 'coming down hard', is the way to go forward.

As for the black tie dinner - don't see how it is any of the CB's business.

Keyboard Warrior

What has Ciaran McBride to do with a dispute between Omagh St Enda's and the County Board?

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on January 31, 2018, 12:58:47 PM

County Board has been harsh enough on Omagh in recent times. Not permitting them the use of Garvaghy towards the end of last year as well as shifting their championship match to Armagh etc. Omagh nor the county board will be leaving Healy Park anytime soon so perhaps cooling the jets, rather than 'coming down hard', is the way to go forward.

As for the black tie dinner - don't see how it is any of the CB's business.

Of course it is the business of the CB,  Tyrone v Dublin as an event is held by Tyrone Gaa not Omagh St Enda's.  If Omagh want to piggy back on that event the CB has to be consulted.  Then to offer tables at £800 promising a guaranteed seat and guaranteed parking goes above and beyond what they can offer.

Omagh ploughed on with this.  I agree the meal and hospitality Omagh provide to anyone has nothing to do with the CB but anything to do with the Event Tyrone Gaa are hosting then does require their approval.
Living the dream!!!

In hiding

Omagh can obviously guarantee car parking in the ground. Not sure how guaranteed seats would work though

Sin Fíor

;D
Quote from: GlenMan on January 24, 2018, 06:59:10 PM
Quote from: The Bearded One on January 24, 2018, 02:17:38 PM
Does the County Board effectively hire Healy Park for games? Or how does it work?

County Board owns Healy Park. It's their ground and Omagh just manage/use it on a daily basis.

County Board voted against it last night so it won't go ahead.

Omagh St Enda's own the ground and always have since they first bought it. The county board effectively hires the ground on match days. As for the county committee voting on it, what has Omagh's fundraising efforts to do with them. Do they have a vote on any other club's fundraising? Maybe there should have been some consultation regards reserving seats but like all grounds in Tyrone where there is a county game/championship game, county board run the gate and take all programme sales. Everything else goes to the hosting club.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Sin Fíor on January 31, 2018, 04:45:37 PM
;D
Does the County Board effectively hire Healy Park for games? Or how does it work?

County Board owns Healy Park. It's their ground and Omagh just manage/use it on a daily basis.

Omagh St Enda's own the ground and always have since they first bought it. The county board effectively hires the ground on match days. As for the county committee voting on it, what has Omagh's fundraising efforts to do with them. Do they have a vote on any other club's fundraising? Maybe there should have been some consultation regards reserving seats but like all grounds in Tyrone where there is a county game/championship game, county board run the gate and take all programme sales. Everything else goes to the hosting club.

Tyrone CB hire the venue from Omagh for that day, its not pitch and stand hire but the hire for the premises. Car parking is at the discretion of Tyrone appointed Stewards dome of which maybe from the Omagh St Enda's club.  The county committee got involved because Omagh were hijacking the Game, Reserving seats for those that pay extra for them in a game that has unreserved seating.  Did Omagh agree to waive the rental costs of Healy Park to run this event?  If Tyrone CB wanted to entertain a Dublin board delegation would they be made stand behind the goals in the rain because Omagh's fundraiser had all the seats taken.  Omagh cant have it every road. They get a lot of income from Tyrone and pitch maintenance (even though its a shocking pitch).
Living the dream!!!

In hiding

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on January 31, 2018, 05:05:54 PM
Quote from: Sin Fíor on January 31, 2018, 04:45:37 PM
;D

Tyrone CB hire the venue from Omagh for that day, its not pitch and stand hire but the hire for the premises. Car parking is at the discretion of Tyrone appointed Stewards dome of which maybe from the Omagh St Enda's club.  The county committee got involved because Omagh were hijacking the Game, Reserving seats for those that pay extra for them in a game that has unreserved seating.  Did Omagh agree to waive the rental costs of Healy Park to run this event?  If Tyrone CB wanted to entertain a Dublin board delegation would they be made stand behind the goals in the rain because Omagh's fundraiser had all the seats taken.  Omagh cant have it every road. They get a lot of income from Tyrone and pitch maintenance (even though its a shocking pitch).

Rental costs ?