Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

very surprised at the Tattyreagh result myself.

The Trap

Thought the tats would win ulster at least. May be good for them in the long run though as they will get a break and then be able to prepare for intermediate.
After years of trying it is important that they and Owen Roes stay up next year.

skeog

Tatts management were poor imo left far to much room for the two inside Colmcille men.Game was decided at the end one very easy free missed by James Darcy,Colmcille then engineered a free at the other end which they converted.

The Brit Referee

Quote from: driveherin on November 15, 2017, 10:48:09 AM
that's another one added:

Aghaloo O'Neill's - same man apparently?
Aghyaran Saint Davog's - 
Ardboe O'Donovan Rossa - Gavin Wylie, Horse, McKeown
Augher St Macartan's - Eamonn Kavanagh
Beragh Red Knights
Brackaville Owen Roes -
Brocagh Emmetts -
Carrickmore St Colmcille's - Ray Munroe, Ronan McGarrity, Peter Loughran
Castlederg St Eugene's
Clann na Gael
Clogher Eire óg
Clonoe O'Rahilly's - Mick O'Dowd
Coalisland Fianna - McKeever, Gilligan,
Cookstown Fr.Rocks
Derrylaughan Kevin Barry's
Derrytresk Fir a'Chnoic -
Donaghmore St Patrick's - Gary and Richard Hetherington
Dregish Pearse óg
Dromore St Dympna's - Ciaran Meenagh
Drumquin Wolfe Tone's
Drumragh Sarsfield's
Dungannon Thomas Clarkes -
Edendork St Malachy's - Damian Barton
Eglish St Patrick's - Collie Holmes
Errigal Ciaran - Pascal C,Tiffy Quinn, F Devlin
Eskra Emmett's -
Fintona Na Piarsaigh
Galbally Pearse's -
Glenelly St Joseph's
Gortin St Patrick's
Greencastle St Patrick's -
Kildress Wolfe Tone's - Damien Kelly
Killeeshil St. Mary's
Killyclogher St Mary's - Dom Corrigan, Fergal McCann
Killyman St Mary's -
Loughmacrory St Teresa's -
Moortown St Malachy's -
Moy Tír na nóg - Audi Kelly
Newtownstewart St Eugene's
Omagh St Enda's Paddy Crozier I assume
Owen Roe O'Neill's - Barry Tracey?
Pomeroy Plunketts - Brian McGuckin
Rock St Patrick's -
Stewartstown Harps -
Strabane Sigerson's
Tattyreagh St Patrick's - Ferguson/McHugh I assume?
Trillick St Macartan's -
Urney St Colmcille's -

Is McKeever and Gilligan definitely managing the Fianna ?

Club boi

Confirmed -

2018 Junior County Champions - Rock

clarshack

Quote from: Club boi on November 19, 2017, 07:59:12 PM
Confirmed -

3 relegations to Junior in 5 season's now. There's no deterrent for the Rock to avoid relegation as they will go on another run in Ulster and could possibly win an All-Ireland. The sad thing is I actually believe that if the Rock stayed up they would have had a good year in Intermediate next season.

Tyrone Gaa

Rock must not have realised Eskra got relegated as well this season, for my money they are to good to be playing junior football, if they can keep their players, appoint a good manager then they should be junior champions 2018.
Living the dream!!!

square_ball

Quote from: clarshack on November 19, 2017, 08:19:35 PM
Confirmed -

3 relegations to Junior in 5 season's now. There's no deterrent for the Rock to avoid relegation as they will go on another run in Ulster and could possibly win an All-Ireland. The sad thing is I actually believe that if the Rock stayed up they would have had a good year in Intermediate next season.

You're writing there clarshak as if they made the choice to throw the match today when you know full well that wasn't the case. Clubs like the rock and derrytresk and whoever else yo yo up and down and get a bad press because people assume they nearly aim for relegation. It's total crap to suggest that.

Moortown Spuds

The game definitely wasn't thrown. Derrytresk had Cathal O'Neill, a quality footballer. Rock did not.

Gourley can't go on much longer. Although it's a credit to himself that he is still leading the charge for them.

Rock n Roll

Quote from: square_ball on November 19, 2017, 09:57:25 PM
Confirmed -

You're writing there clarshak as if they made the choice to throw the match today when you know full well that wasn't the case. Clubs like the rock and derrytresk and whoever else yo yo up and down and get a bad press because people assume they nearly aim for relegation. It's total crap to suggest that.

Gutted to be going down again but Derrytresk deserved the win yesterday. We were very poor in the second half and panicked when we conceded the second goal. We had enough possession in the last 10 mins to get something from the game but we had lost composure on the ball and our attacks were a bit aimless. To be honest our problem this season was picking up just 3 points in the first 11 league games, thats the reason we were relegated, not yesterday.

To suggest any team would be happy to be relegated is ridiculous. I can tell you there is no one from our club happy be be going down again.

Would the likes of ourselves and derrytresk going up and down, and Cookstown a few years ago provide an argument that 4 divisions of 12 would help teams find their level and compete in a realistic division? It would also help in division 1 where there is effectively 2 leagues, top 8/10 and the rest.
If in doubt...get 'er out!

Club boi

Quote from: Rock n Roll on November 20, 2017, 12:34:13 PM
Confirmed -

Gutted to be going down again but Derrytresk deserved the win yesterday. We were very poor in the second half and panicked when we conceded the second goal. We had enough possession in the last 10 mins to get something from the game but we had lost composure on the ball and our attacks were a bit aimless. To be honest our problem this season was picking up just 3 points in the first 11 league games, thats the reason we were relegated, not yesterday.

To suggest any team would be happy to be relegated is ridiculous. I can tell you there is no one from our club happy be be going down again.

Would the likes of ourselves and derrytresk going up and down, and Cookstown a few years ago provide an argument that 4 divisions of 12 would help teams find their level and compete in a realistic division? It would also help in division 1 where there is effectively 2 leagues, top 8/10 and the rest.

100% Agree

TabClear

Quote from: Club boi on November 20, 2017, 04:17:03 PM
Confirmed -

100% Agree

This was done a few years ago (maybe around 2004?) on a home and away basis. It had the advantages that you refer to and also kept the leagues interesting right to the end as it was more competitive and a smaller gap from the promotion spots to potentially being in a relegation playoff. I think the big issue however was number of games. A 12 team division means 22 games plus championship. From memory there were a lot of weekends with teams playing on both Fri and Sunday but I think the county players"restrictions" were less onerous so difficult to see how that could work now. Even more so from a Reserve perspective, hard enough to gather up a team on a Sunday for a lot of clubs.

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: TabClear on November 20, 2017, 04:27:54 PM
Quote from: Club boi on November 20, 2017, 04:17:03 PM
Confirmed -

100% Agree

This was done a few years ago (maybe around 2004?) on a home and away basis. It had the advantages that you refer to and also kept the leagues interesting right to the end as it was more competitive and a smaller gap from the promotion spots to potentially being in a relegation playoff. I think the big issue however was number of games. A 12 team division means 22 games plus championship. From memory there were a lot of weekends with teams playing on both Fri and Sunday but I think the county players"restrictions" were less onerous so difficult to see how that could work now. Even more so from a Reserve perspective, hard enough to gather up a team on a Sunday for a lot of clubs.

Dont see it being a certainty that a 12 team structure has to mean a 22 game league.  Surely coupd just play 11 league ganes...obviously starred games is the problem but perhaps you could do a different point structure for starred games.  There is sometimes trouble getting 15 league games fixed consistently although last seasin seemed to run pretty smooth
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Norf Tyrone

Havent thought this through so don't shot me. If it was 4 x 12s.

What about 11 games v the other teams in the league and 6 more on a seeded basis. If you are seeded 1 to 6 you face all the teams in the btm half. If you are seeded 7 to 12 you face all the teams in top half.

It means 17 games per Club. The seeded teams have 9H and 8A.

It'll put an end to dead rubbers too. Getting into that top half would be crucial.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

TabClear

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 20, 2017, 07:29:15 PM
Havent thought this through so don't shot me. If it was 4 x 12s.

What about 11 games v the other teams in the league and 6 more on a seeded basis. If you are seeded 1 to 6 you face all the teams in the btm half. If you are seeded 7 to 12 you face all the teams in top half.

It means 17 games per Club. The seeded teams have 9H and 8A.

It'll put an end to dead rubbers too. Getting into that top half would be crucial.

Splitting the league might work as I think 11 games are too few but 22 too many. Don't think your way would work though Norf as it would be very one sided at the end of the season results wise. Didn't the Scottish premier league split a few years ago? How did that work?