Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 06, 2017, 11:12:59 AM
Does anyone know why fixtures are fixed for Sat 10th June, and not the Sunday. Trying to second guess fixtures.
There should be more Friday Saturday game over a season. Frees up the rest of the weekend for enjoyment rather than kill an entire weekend waiting on a game on the sunday. Think Saturday games 4:30 and 6:00 suits everyone and should be done more often.

square_ball

Quote from: WT4E on May 08, 2017, 11:46:00 AM
Carmen going well - Looks like they're work on breaking down those defensive systems is working.  ;D

I'm not in a great mood about our season so far but I always try to look for a positive - At least Cookstown are below us! :)

What's going on with Cookstown? Well beaten in their last few games and haven't even been fielding in the reserves the past 2 matches.

Taylor

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on May 08, 2017, 01:51:22 PM
Does anyone know why fixtures are fixed for Sat 10th June, and not the Sunday. Trying to second guess fixtures.
There should be more Friday Saturday game over a season. Frees up the rest of the weekend for enjoyment rather than kill an entire weekend waiting on a game on the sunday. Think Saturday games 4:30 and 6:00 suits everyone and should be done more often.

Whatever about 6pm the early start on Saturday certainly isnt a good idea.
Sunday football is what we were all reared on

Gonzalo15

Agreed

WT4E

Quote from: Gonzalo15 on May 08, 2017, 04:38:51 PM

Agreed

Here lads if we play the games at 6pm on a Saturday evening whose going to do the milking? Catch yourselves on!

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: WT4E on May 08, 2017, 04:41:41 PM

Agreed

Here lads if we play the games at 6pm on a Saturday evening whose going to do the milking? Catch yourselves on!
Not saying it has to be every week but there could certainly be more Saturday games especially in the summer months. All Sunday killed between travelling reserve and senior games and whole weekend killed waiting for the Sunday game. Would certainly contribute Sunday games to the non fielding of reserve teams over the weekend.

Fuzzman

Here in Dublin, they started on 5th March and they've only played 3 rounds of league games and one round of championship.
They often play on Wed and Saturday nights though it's a lot smaller county to travel around than Tyrone.
Rarely on Sundays.

TabClear

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on May 08, 2017, 04:56:59 PM

Agreed

Not saying it has to be every week but there could certainly be more Saturday games especially in the summer months. All Sunday killed between travelling reserve and senior games and whole weekend killed waiting for the Sunday game. Would certainly contribute Sunday games to the non fielding of reserve teams over the weekend.

Definitely think about 5-6 Saturday games about 6pm 7pm in the summer months would be a good idea.  There are a lot of family men with young kids who would like to play reserves at least but can't commit to 4.or five hours away on Sunday every Sunday. Sunday afternoon game  effectively writes off their whole Sunday.

parttimeexile

Quote from: TabClear on May 08, 2017, 08:34:38 PM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on May 08, 2017, 04:56:59 PM

Agreed

Definitely think about 5-6 Saturday games about 6pm 7pm in the summer months would be a good idea.  There are a lot of family men with young kids who would like to play reserves at least but can't commit to 4.or five hours away on Sunday every Sunday. Sunday afternoon game  effectively writes off their whole Sunday.

Agree with this 100%. I know in our own club we would have better numbers for reserves if more of the games were on a Saturday. I have wife and two kids and it is hard going away on a sunday when they are young.

Under Lights

Agree with that too- Sunday past a great example- I only play reserves and it was prime beach weather and I have two young uns. Made the decision to stay and play the match and they miss out. We only have the bare 13 for the game. We won but I questioned where I would have had more enjoyment.

tothetop03

Referees may be a problem for a saturday as a high percentage also referee soccer...

The Golden Years

Quote from: tothetop03 on May 09, 2017, 09:22:37 AM
Referees may be a problem for a saturday as a high percentage also referee soccer...

Not questioning you but i am surprised by this.  What referees also referee soccer?

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: The Golden Years on May 09, 2017, 10:52:17 AM

Not questioning you but i am surprised by this.  What referees also referee soccer?

There are definitely a few that referee soccer, also soccer pay more than Tyrone CB and that may influence a decision on which code to assist if there was a clash.  Also I believe there is a severe shortage of referees in the county at present and that all the referees are required to see out a full day game programme on occasion the odd referee being asked to referee twice on the same day.

If may be necessary to split game days if there is a continued shortage of referees because there wouldn't be enough to cover a full fixtures programme on a Sunday. 
Living the dream!!!

tothetop03

Connelly,bert mohan,dermot monaghan,gerard devlin,eugene hughes 5 that i know off... i was told most sundays just enough referees to go around and nothing more....

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: tothetop03 on May 09, 2017, 11:17:23 AM

Connelly,bert mohan,dermot monaghan,gerard devlin,eugene hughes 5 that i know off... i was told most sundays just enough referees to go around and nothing more....

Surely splitting fixtures across Sat and Sun would help this?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone