Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

driveherin

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on October 17, 2016, 10:47:47 AM
Quote from: driveherin on October 17, 2016, 09:55:01 AM
2 county grounds - Omagh and Dungannon are the 2 worst pitches (surfaces) in the county.....seriously....correct me if i'm wrong....

Omagh is a great pitch. It just doesn't stand up too well to water.

Whereas Dungannon is a spongey bog year round.

eh....so its not a great pitch then.....!!!!!

LeoMc

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on October 17, 2016, 10:50:16 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 17, 2016, 10:03:04 AM
I think The county board have to look at bringing a  second venue in the county up to standard, one that can hold a large capacity (5k plus), be able to hold games at this time of year, and have floodlighting to allow more round of the championship to be played on a friday night.
At the minute we ware limited to Omagh and this has a significant effect on the fixtures backlog.
Dungannon is one option, but i would say Carrickmore is possibly closer to meeting all the criteria as it is a part from the lights.

I'm not sure Dungannon has floodlights does it? Regardless, probably easier to floodlight Carrickmore than resurface Dungannon.
Would it be the general consensus that the CB should pay for these items? Can't see clubs putting their hands in their pockets for such things given the meager gate cap imposed during championship matches.
They would be more likely to put money into building a stand up in Garvaghey.

Boghopper

Draw written all over it 😂😂

scout

There'll be plenty of "peculiar" results in D1 & D2 this weekend. With the rumours of the Moy giving brackaville points already.
what about reserve championship? next seasons will be played before this years!? lol

blewuporstuffed

Are people just presuming there are league games this weekend?  Still no official notification of fixtures
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Gonzalo15

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 17, 2016, 07:06:13 PM
Are people just presuming there are league games this weekend?  Still no official notification of fixtures

Feck you love a good fixtures question blewuporstuffed

oakleafgael

Fixtures confirmed for next Sunday, 2.15 & 3.45 with the exception of C'island v Dromore & Killyclogher v Carmen

Some of the Junior Reserve Championship games going ahead as well.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Gonzalo15 on October 18, 2016, 08:42:56 AM

Yeah you shouldn't really have to ask every week , should you?   :-\
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Gonzalo15

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 18, 2016, 09:23:27 AM
Quote from: Gonzalo15 on October 18, 2016, 08:42:56 AM

Yeah you shouldn't really have to ask every week , should you?   :-\

True true

leenie

Final league games to be played on the 6th nov

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Tyrone Gaa

Is that including playoff games Lennie?  I feel for teams involved in the relegation/promotion playoffs going into November.  For some clubs it could be a case of seeking to avoid these extra games going into the final week which is a sad state of affairs.
Living the dream!!!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 18, 2016, 11:19:06 AM
Is that including playoff games Lennie?  I feel for teams involved in the relegation/promotion playoffs going into November.  For some clubs it could be a case of seeking to avoid these extra games going into the final week which is a sad state of affairs.
no, thats just the final round div 1 of league games. Playoffs after that.

driveherin

so much for last 2 games all being played at same time..... a complete joke!!!!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: driveherin on October 18, 2016, 11:31:07 AM
so much for last 2 games all being played at same time..... a complete joke!!!!

Yeah it was very important when we were made play on a thursday night 9 weeks ago.

Tyrone Gaa

Jesus that's a farce all together.  Micky Kerr and Petsey Kennedy have made a complete balls of the whole show thing yet again. Will be the end of November before the whole thing is wrapped up. The good thing is that clubs have the power to un elect these clowns at county convention.  But club delegates and even clubs stick together and these men will be in post yet again. WHY??? It completely baffles me?  Is there nobody running against these men for election to these posts?  Obviously it can be a thankless task with forums like this going but some people need taken to task.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results".

And mark my works Tyrone GAA will have R.Jordan as County Chair.  Mickey Kerr at the head of  CCC and Petesy knocking about there calling the shots with Micky Harvey
Living the dream!!!