?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

braveheart

Quote from: bannside on October 22, 2019, 04:50:32 PM
John Mc Keever to Wolfe Tones?  Last I heard there were two or three big clubs talking to him PJ but it looks like he couldnt resist the challenge to bring the youth through at Bellaghy and turn them into credible challengers once again.
it'll be a long time before Bellaghy compete again. They have more chance of getting relegated in the next few years. They even lost to Draperstown in the u21s last night.

restorepride

Swatragh should win the u21 easy enough.

bannside

Thats the challenge Mc Keever has taken on. Theres probably zero expectation for a year or two other than safety and then mid table, but Id be more than surprised if John dosent make the Blues c,ship competitive again even if that does take a full three years.

Swatragh serious talent emerging too, would be a few years further on than Bellaghy atm. To be honest they were my fancy this year for the JML...shows you what I know!

Mikhailov

Quote from: restorepride on October 22, 2019, 07:22:54 PM

Easy enough? Who else are contenders...

Link

Quote from: Mikhailov on October 22, 2019, 09:42:18 PM

Lavey, Ballinascreen. Kilrea/Dungiven had a good rivalry at this age group.

I would have said bellaghy too, earlier in the year, due to their recent ulster minor win but Screen managed a 1 point win over them.

seanyb1

Quote from: Link on October 23, 2019, 08:51:03 AM

I would have said bellaghy too, earlier in the year, due to their recent ulster minor win but Screen managed a 1 point win over them.

I read somewhere that Magherafelt only lose 2 players from last years winning u21 team. But I think they have something like 8 u21's involved with senior team so doubt they will even field?

By the way, on sunday's game..hard luck to the Watty's. Sore one to take but they will be back I have no doubt. Fair play to the Rossa's, proved the doubters wrong.  :-X

Mikhailov

What about Glen or Magherafelt - have they not very young teams with a number of U21's starting on each team in county final.

Link

Quote from: Mikhailov on October 23, 2019, 10:01:14 AM

What about Glen or Magherafelt - have they not very young teams with a number of U21's starting on each team in county final.

Rossa have conceded due to their Ulster club game. I would imagine Glen are not as strong as the majority of their 4 in a row lads (2011-2014) would be overage.

Squareball71

Another success for Magherafelt tonight. Some good football on display from both sides despite the conditions. I'd say a few of these lads be on County duty next year for the Doire U.17's.

oakleaflad

Quote from: Squareball71 on October 23, 2019, 10:35:13 PM
Another success for Magherafelt tonight. Some good football on display from both sides despite the conditions. I'd say a few of these lads be on County duty next year for the Doire U.17's.
There was a couple on the Derry U17 team this year that would have played last night. I know it's underage and anything can happen but Derry should have a strong U17 side next year. They won their respective U15 and U16 Ulster competitions.

braveheart

Quote from: oakleaflad on October 24, 2019, 09:55:43 AM
There was a couple on the Derry U17 team this year that would have played last night. I know it's underage and anything can happen but Derry should have a strong U17 side next year. They won their respective U15 and U16 Ulster competitions.
At the Minute,Derry underage is probably at its strongest in a long long time. Its very competitive also,which will surely make us 1 of the main contenders for Ulster this year. A great chance for Boyle,who I'm hearing has never been a manager of a team so far in his career as he has only been in backroom teams.

seanyb1

Quote from: braveheart on October 24, 2019, 10:24:09 AM
At the Minute,Derry underage is probably at its strongest in a long long time. Its very competitive also,which will surely make us 1 of the main contenders for Ulster this year. A great chance for Boyle,who I'm hearing has never been a manager of a team so far in his career as he has only been in backroom teams.

Did Mickey not manage St Pauls Kilrea to U-16 All-Ireland Vocational Schools title?

braveheart

Quote from: seanyb1 on October 24, 2019, 11:06:02 AM
Quote from: braveheart on October 24, 2019, 10:24:09 AM

Did Mickey not manage St Pauls Kilrea to U-16 All-Ireland Vocational Schools title?
Yes,

Glenman93

Ffs it's Marty Boyle, not Micky.

screenexile

Quote from: braveheart on October 22, 2019, 06:56:27 PM
Quote from: bannside on October 22, 2019, 04:50:32 PM
John Mc Keever to Wolfe Tones?  Last I heard there were two or three big clubs talking to him PJ but it looks like he couldnt resist the challenge to bring the youth through at Bellaghy and turn them into credible challengers once again.
it'll be a long time before Bellaghy compete again. They have more chance of getting relegated in the next few years. They even lost to Draperstown in the u21s last night.

What does tonight's result say about your lads braveheart??