The 2014 Six Nations Thread

Started by screenexile, January 28, 2014, 10:09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

I think the young lad on the left is a young O'Driscoll

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

orangeman

The welsh men were saying last week that coming to Landsowne and was only a myth in terms of the hot reception you might get and that it was no big deal and sure what about it.

I think this morning the Welsh men might want to reconsider those ill judged comments.

They took an awful beating.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: moysider on February 09, 2014, 12:02:58 AM
I remember Irish teams as far back Willie John and Mike Gibson and this display ranks as one of the great Ireland performances. We used always get an odd blood and guts performance - usually against England - but this was more structured and more encouraging.

Missing a few injured players. O Brien's ball carrying a loss but Chris Henry is a cracking player too and a more natural 7. Ferris a loss but O Mahoney is a man possessed.

Ulster s surge has added a lot. Trimble is now a top player. Best with his throwing sorted is world class. Henry is up there with McKinney, Carr, Matthews, Ferris as a backrower.
The half backs are arguably the best in the N Hemisphere. Rob Kearney is the best full back we ve ever produced imo.

The Slam is something this squad is going to burst themselves for now. It s very doable as long as injuries dont scupper us. We re now favourites to win the championship anyway.
This is a team we can be proud of.
The quality in Ulster has been there for several seasons. Trimble, Henry, Tuohy, and others haven't suddenly become good payers over night. Their quality has taken Ulster to 4 successive HC quarter finals and one final appearance, plus one Pro 12 final. The fact is that they were overlooked by DK and the Ireland team was the poorer because of this.

Celt_Man

Anyone else think ROG fell head first into a tub of black boot polish??  ;D

Not too bad yesterday - more of the same in 2 weeks please!!!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

gawa316

Anywhere you can watch highlights on t'internet?

andoireabu

Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

Celt_Man

Is it just me or is the fact that Tom McGuirk is cutting everyone off annoying anyone else???

He must have done it to Horgan everytime he talked yesterday and at it with O'Gara today tooo
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

muppet

Not only did Mike Phillips throw the toys out of the pram, but now he wants to go into the pram and beat up a boyband.
MWWSI 2017

andoireabu

Quote from: gawa316 on February 09, 2014, 04:04:53 PM
Quote from: andoireabu on February 09, 2014, 03:36:14 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on February 09, 2014, 03:22:36 PM
Anywhere you can watch highlights on t'internet?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03v2x9h/Six_Nations_Rugby_2014_Ireland_v_Wales/

Cheers but I'm in the States and Iplayer doesn't work here
If you go to the official 6 nations website there is an embedded youtube player that should have highlights.
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: muppet on February 09, 2014, 05:03:19 PM

Not only did Mike Phillips throw the toys out of the pram, but now he wants to go into the pram and beat up a boyband.
He has my full support.

ziggysego

The first tweet is missing. Niall was gloating and rubbing it in.
Testing Accessibility

Syferus

Quote from: ziggysego on February 09, 2014, 11:32:05 PM

The first tweet is missing. Niall was gloating and rubbing it in.

Still has a point, though. Rob Kearney has committed to back Nially up. No amount of hair gel will save Philips from the teenie boppers now.

Main Street

Yet another magnificent display from Sexton, he is carrying the mantle of the pressure position with impressive authority.
Is that type of collision allowed in Rugby the one that winded O'Driscoll,just after he passed the ball?
I saw no attempt to tackle by the Welsh giant, just intent to clatter and take out O'Driscoll, leading with the shoulder straight into the chest, with the force of a 2 ton truck at a time when O'Driscoll was most vulnerable.

mc_grens

Quote from: Main Street on February 10, 2014, 10:04:38 AM
Yet another magnificent display from Sexton, he is carrying the mantle of the pressure position with impressive authority.
Is that type of collision allowed in Rugby the one that winded O'Driscoll,just after he passed the ball?
I saw no attempt to tackle by the Welsh giant, just intent to clatter and take out O'Driscoll, leading with the shoulder straight into the chest, with the force of a 2 ton truck at a time when O'Driscoll was most vulnerable.

No, he's supposed to wrap his arms around his opponent. The fact that he didn't probably contributed to him getting hurt.