Championship Draw 2014

Started by All of a Sludden, October 03, 2013, 01:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on October 03, 2013, 09:53:08 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 03, 2013, 09:50:18 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on October 03, 2013, 09:46:52 PM
I hope you Armagh lads are looking forward to another hosing,this time in your home ground.  ;)

You Cavan men are starting to sound like Tyrone men.
Jesus Benny i was only having the craic, there is no need for such an offensive reply like that.

I wasn't being offensive. Anyway, Cavan men could never be as bad as Tyrone men  ;)

Mourne Rover

This is the ninth consecutive year that Down have been drawn away from home in the preliminary/first round of the USC, which is verging on the astonishing. However, previously, when we actually came out of the hat first in 04, 03 and 01, we were instructed to play all three games at Casement Park. The last time our first match in the USC was staged at home was in 1999, against Antrim. Perhaps we are due a little luck.

Milltown Row2

Antrim could defo get to an Ulster final, no real big hitters on our side of the draw, that might bring in a good manager now with a host of players making their way back
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Syferus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 03, 2013, 10:22:49 PM
Antrim could defo get to an Ulster final, no real big hitters on our side of the draw, that might bring in a good manager now with a host of players making their way back

I'll be sure to tell the Donegal lads in Sligo to be on the watch-out for the Saffrons.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Syferus on October 03, 2013, 10:29:24 PM

I'll be sure to tell the Donegal lads in Sligo to be on the watch-out for the Saffrons.

We beat them not so long ago and got to an Ulster final before going down to a very good Tyrone team and ran Kerry very close in the qualifiers. The ability is there just need a committed bunch of players. I think we did as well as yous last year ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

snoopdog

when u look at Munster and ulster football draws it really shows  how unfair  the all Ireland is. i wonder how Kerry would fair every year if they were in ulster. seriously time for an open draw

Rossfan

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 03, 2013, 08:51:42 PM
Should experiment some time, with 8 Counties in each province
They wouldn't be the provinces then.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

glens abu

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 03, 2013, 10:32:55 PM
Quote from: Syferus on October 03, 2013, 10:29:24 PM

We beat them not so long ago and got to an Ulster final before going down to a very good Tyrone team and ran Kerry very close in the qualifiers. The ability is there just need a committed bunch of players. I think we did as well as yous last year ;D

Yeah and the Donegal team we beat that year in Ballybofey was not that different from the team that went on to win Sam,Jim was the difference

rodney trotter

Quote from: Rossfan on October 03, 2013, 10:35:02 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on October 03, 2013, 08:51:42 PM
Should experiment some time, with 8 Counties in each province
They wouldn't be the provinces then.

Obviously it wouldn't, as its an experiment. A Level playing field.

Rossfan

Quote from: snoopdog on October 03, 2013, 10:33:33 PM
i wonder how Kerry would fair every year if they were in ulster.
Cavan would only have won about 7 Ulster titles  ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

magpie seanie

Another crack at London, this time on our turf.

moysider

when u look at Munster and ulster football draws it really shows  how unfair  the all Ireland is. i wonder how Kerry would fair every year if they were in ulster. seriously time for an open draw

Nah. If was a good idea it would have been introduced years ago.

The reality is attendances would be as bad as we get now for qualifiers. What buzz would ye get for say Down v Kerry in Croke Park in May? Waste of time.

The current system might not be great but at least ye get games with a bit of local bite and usually the best 8 teams are still standing when the real stuff starts in August. Ok, Ulster is especially competitive but usually the form team gets through and it doesn t seem to do them any harm when they emerge from the bear pit.  At least they know they ve a serious team going into the serious stuff.

Shamrock Shore

Quotetime I remember Longford playing Offaly was 1997 I think and we got a hiding in Tullamore.....might get home advantage this time around but prize of playing Wexford yet again is hardly that enticing! Leinster just another cake walk for the Dubs it would seem unfortunately

If I recalls Offaly 5-13 Longford 0-09

I didn't go to that one. Thankfully. Offaly were on fire that year under Lyons.

rodney trotter

Wouldn't have to do an open draw just adjust a few provinces which would make sense Geographically. And have an even number.

Celt_Man

Quote from: moysider on October 03, 2013, 11:03:29 PM

Nah. If was a good idea it would have been introduced years ago.

The reality is attendances would be as bad as we get now for qualifiers. What buzz would ye get for say Down v Kerry in Croke Park in May? Waste of time.

The current system might not be great but at least ye get games with a bit of local bite and usually the best 8 teams are still standing when the real stuff starts in August. Ok, Ulster is especially competitive but usually the form team gets through and it doesn t seem to do them any harm when they emerge from the bear pit.  At least they know they ve a serious team going into the serious stuff.

Agreee totally with ya
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010