Sky TV

Started by Celt_Man, September 04, 2011, 01:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: take_yer_points on February 24, 2012, 11:26:36 AM
Quote from: laoislad on February 21, 2012, 06:59:22 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on February 21, 2012, 06:53:41 PM
"For rights reasons Sky Go is not supported on any Android device that has been rooted."

F*ck that! Looking at the comments in the Android market there's a lot of divided opinion on the app.

My iphone is jailbroken I wonder have they blocked it for jailbroken phones aswell..
That would be a balls as I have a app from Cydia that allows me to connect my iphone to TV with unofficial leads,so no jailbreak means I can't watch sky go on big TV without paying for official iphone cables.

Was sky go blocked on your iphone? It's blocked on my iPad but there's a fella in the US who has bypassed jailbreak detection for a load of apps who is trying to bypass the sky go dedection - I seen on twitter this morning he was saying it's going to be tough to fix. You can follow him here: @unimp0rtanttech

What's the app from Cydia you're using to display on the TV? Is the picture good? I've tried using displayout but it doesn't work for the iPad
Yeah Sky Go blocked, cheers on the heads up from that twitter fella hopefully he will get a fix for it.
I use displayout and another Cydia program called Resupported 4.0+ and I can watch sky go when's it working plus any other video content I have on iPhone on the TV screen.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

My aul fella has a Sky HD+ Box.
He bought a new HD TV last week so I was trying to connect it up to the SKY HD box for him so he could avail of free HD channels available.
The last TV was connected to the box via scart and the only way I can get a picture on the new TV is by using the same scart, when I use the HDMI cable I can't get a picture.
Do I have to change settings on the SKY menu or anything ?

bennydorano

Does he pay the xtra for hd package? Open to correction but I think u have to even to get even the  free HD ones on sky, mines an  £10 a month for the privilege of gettin the hd channels - in the black north thou.

laoislad

Quote from: bennydorano on August 03, 2012, 07:02:09 PM
Does he pay the xtra for hd package? Open to correction but I think u have to even to get even the  free HD ones on sky, mines an  £10 a month for the privilege of gettin the hd channels - in the black north thou.
No don't think he does. Should you still not be able get a picture with the HDMI for the SD Channnels?
I thought RTE2 HD and BBC HD were free without having to have Sky Sports HD etc.

bennydorano

I could be wrong but i think not, it's using the Sky platform  so they can charge.

Milltown Row2

Anyone having problems with Sky today? Seems I can't get a reception FFS. The dish is still up and there was no weather problems last night. It came on initially but went off fairly quickly. We've people over today so not really worried but kids going mental!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 26, 2012, 10:31:39 AM
Anyone having problems with Sky today? Seems I can't get a reception FFS. The dish is still up and there was no weather problems last night. It came on initially but went off fairly quickly. We've people over today so not really worried but kids going mental!!
Fone here but the bror in law had to call them out the other day and it turns out the dish had shifted a little in the wind. You may ring them and see if a dish or box issue.

Milltown Row2

Aye will do that, got another message after I turned it off, said to turn off for five miutes and turn back on, if persists phone Sky, On Boxing Day/St Stephens Day??????
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

DickyRock

There's a signal strength checker where you can check:

Settings menu then signal tab

Check the strength there and wether it has the lock indicator is 'OK'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: DickyRock on December 26, 2012, 11:14:49 AM
There's a signal strength checker where you can check:

Settings menu then signal tab

Check the strength there and wether it has the lock indicator is 'OK'

Is this at the signal test tab? input 1 lock indicator says not locked, input 2 lock indicator says not locked

I'm not getting up on the roof today, knowing my luck I'll fall off the dam thing and ruin xmas lol

glens73

If you have a Sky HD box do you have to pay the £10 HD subscription per month, in order to watch RTE2HD?

gerrykeegan

No. comes free also BBCHD and ITV HD
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Celt_Man

What's the story with connecting the Sky box to internet to access the full On Demand stuff??
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Celt_Man on February 01, 2014, 05:07:04 PM
What's the story with connecting the Sky box to internet to access the full On Demand stuff??
They'll give you a wee wireless receiver which connects to the HD box.

CD

Does anyone else lose their sky signal during heavy rain showers? Just been a real thunderstorm there and my signal was gone for the duration. Bit of a nuisance in a country like this!!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!