Who’s Been Cancelled??

Started by screenexile, June 20, 2020, 11:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kidder81

Quote from: sid waddell on September 17, 2020, 08:18:15 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 17, 2020, 08:16:48 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 17, 2020, 03:14:27 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on September 17, 2020, 02:18:38 PM
What was the reason given to replace the trio on Sky Sports (Le Tissier, Thompson and t'other one I can't recall).

And who has replaced them?
Le Tissier was sacked because he's a Covidiot who promotes far right rallies

The other lads were gotten rid of to hide the reason for Le Tissier being sacked

Who's in their stead?
I think Tony Pulis and Clinton Morrison were on it last week, only glanced at it for a minute or two

And Glen Johnson

Roesider

Quote from: Kidder81 on September 17, 2020, 08:31:29 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 17, 2020, 08:18:15 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 17, 2020, 08:16:48 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 17, 2020, 03:14:27 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on September 17, 2020, 02:18:38 PM
What was the reason given to replace the trio on Sky Sports (Le Tissier, Thompson and t'other one I can't recall).

And who has replaced them?
Le Tissier was sacked because he's a Covidiot who promotes far right rallies

The other lads were gotten rid of to hide the reason for Le Tissier being sacked

Who's in their stead?
I think Tony Pulis and Clinton Morrison were on it last week, only glanced at it for a minute or two

And Glen Johnson

Glen of B&Q fame?

That's the type of brainiac you want on a quiz show.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: sid waddell on September 17, 2020, 08:24:09 PM
Quote from: Taylor on September 17, 2020, 04:43:35 PM
I had stopped watching it because the 'banter' element became unbearable.

Tuffnall & Dawson were insufferable tossers.
Weren't Dawson and Austin Healey fierce troublemakers on the 2001 Lions tour when they didn't get picked for the test team, they badly undermined the spirit in the camp if I remember rightly

Dawson was a great player though, Healey not so much

Both would eat themselves if made of chocolate or any mildly pleasant edible substance

Healey was one of the original, self styled "Archbishops of Banterbury" who were about as funny as a pandemic
The issue with Dawson was he was publishing a Lions diary in a British newspaper and was revealing issues in camp etc. The camp he was in. Mad when you think about it.

Taylor

Quote from: sid waddell on September 17, 2020, 08:24:09 PM
Quote from: Taylor on September 17, 2020, 04:43:35 PM
I had stopped watching it because the 'banter' element became unbearable.

Tuffnall & Dawson were insufferable tossers.
Weren't Dawson and Austin Healey fierce troublemakers on the 2001 Lions tour when they didn't get picked for the test team, they badly undermined the spirit in the camp if I remember rightly

Dawson was a great player though, Healey not so much

Both would eat themselves if made of chocolate or any mildly pleasant edible substance

Healey was one of the original, self styled "Archbishops of Banterbury" who were about as funny as a pandemic

Ah Austin Healey - now there was a complete knobend.
English rugby were blessed with great players and even greater twats from that era

imtommygunn

Healey is a bigger twat than Dawson and that is saying something. The arrogance just oozes out of Dawson.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 18, 2020, 09:26:17 AM
Healey is a bigger twat than Dawson and that is saying something. The arrogance just oozes out of Dawson.
It is a rugby trope that the 9 on every team is an annoying wee tosser. England seem to have had more than their fair share. A lot of what Healey does is for pure windup value- the Welsh hate him and he revels in it.

gallsman

The really shocking thing here is the number of grown men supposedly with a brain on this forum who have outed themselves as AQoS watchers. Absolute drivel

As for twats whinging about Alex Scott getting it (Kidder appears to have a problem with black people getting jobs), she's an accomplished pro athlete, has a degree in sports journalism and has on camera experience. She's basically the ideal candidate for any non racist bellends.

square_ball

Quote from: gallsman on September 18, 2020, 10:57:32 PM
The really shocking thing here is the number of grown men supposedly with a brain on this forum who have outed themselves as AQoS watchers. Absolute drivel

People who post on a sports forum watch a sports quiz on tv? Well I for one am in complete shock about that one.

Capt Pat

As for twats whinging about Alex Scott getting it (Kidder appears to have a problem with black people getting jobs), she's an accomplished pro athlete, has a degree in sports journalism and has on camera experience. She's basically the ideal candidate for any non racist bellends.

Get out of it Gallsman it is a great show. It has been on for donkeys years and will be on for many more. It is great tv.

Kidder81

A decree in sports journalism ? Wow, I am impressed

gallsman

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 19, 2020, 12:28:32 AM

Get out of it Gallsman it is a great show. It has been on for donkeys years and will be on for many more. It is great tv.

It was good years ago. It's long since become lowest common denominator muck for twats who find the likes of "Tuffers" in any way witty or funny and mistake people being morons for "bantz".

BennyCake

I don't mind QoS, but the BBC are clearly playing their "we're not racist" card on this.

I'm not particularly keen on Sue Barker, but the way her and the two captains were dropped was a bit shit. I could understand if they regularly changed host/captains every 3/4 years, or their contract ran out, or they got an offer from Sky etc. But they've obviously recently gone back to recording the show (as they're spaced out in the studio - no, not in that way), and are during the series. So why the change now?

If the BBC are so diversitifiable, or whatever the word is, why didn't they do it a couple of years ago?

Haven't heard who the new captains are, but I'm assuming at least one of them will be non-white, otherwise why bother?

Main Street

You guys watch far too much English tv.

An Astrail

Never the same after Willie Carson left