Mayo manager resigns - for defo.

Started by moysider, August 27, 2018, 12:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Jinxy

Would James Horan take the job again at some point in the future?
Is he over anyone at the moment?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Jinxy on August 27, 2018, 04:36:34 PM
Managing Wesport seniors at the moment and i can imagine he will manage Mayo seniors again in the near future.

GalwayBayBoy

Horan had that bunch in their prime when the competition within his own province was at a very low ebb. While I'm sure he's a decent coach he didn't do anything on another level to what Holmes & Connelly and Rochford managed to do with them as well. I wouldn't say he's the magic bullet in other words.

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 27, 2018, 04:38:21 PM
Managing Wesport seniors at the moment and i can imagine he will manage Mayo seniors again in the near future.

Uhhh.. yeah, that's barely more likely than Jimmy.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Syferus on August 27, 2018, 04:58:25 PM

Yeah and plenty thought O'Mahony,Maughan and Holmes would only manage Mayo seniors once.

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 27, 2018, 05:55:17 PM

Yeah and plenty thought O'Mahony,Maughan and Holmes would only manage Mayo seniors once.

None of those lads pissed off the CB and the clubs in the manner Horan did. Him coming back in the near term is close to impossible when you also consider the CB is clearly cost-costing at senior.

Lar Naparka

He's gone alright.
News on RTE1 reports that he has resigned.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

larryin89

Quote from: Syferus on August 27, 2018, 06:12:47 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 27, 2018, 05:55:17 PM

None of those lads pissed off the CB and the clubs in the manner Horan did. Him coming back in the near term is close to impossible when you also consider the CB is clearly cost-costing at senior.

Hahahahaha , everyone thinks mayo are broke , I thought that too tbh just thinking this year's early exit would put serious dent in fundraising for a start.  Been told it's the complete opposite and I'm sure this time next week or there abouts it will become evident when things start to unfold . Have you seen the plans for the mayo centre of excellence ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Blowitupref

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 27, 2018, 06:27:26 PM
He's gone alright.
News on RTE1 reports that he has resigned.

Statement

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

MayoBuck

So the county board strung everyone along for 2 months despite not wanting Rochford to stay. If only someone could force them out instead.

Shamrock Shore

Embarrassing for the County Board and their earlier statement telling us all was well.

If I was near PC I'd post a Chemical Ali meme here....,

joemamas

Quote from: Syferus on August 27, 2018, 03:03:34 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on August 27, 2018, 02:58:32 PM
"Following an executive meeting of Mayo GAA, the officers of the board were authorised to meet Stephen Rochford and his management team on their structures and plans for 2019."
not exactly pinning their colours to the mast  nor a ringing endorsement.
who put forward the names of Ford and Conway was it the board or SR?

That was such a bizarre tweet and probably did more to set alarm bells ringing than anonymous rumours ever could have.

"It's 10pm on a Sunday night and we wanted to tell you we had a meeting to decide to have another meeting."

Ballymagash town council.

for those of you under 50 Google "Halls pictorial weekly"

seafoid

Between Carnacon and this things are bad. I thought Rochford would be the man to get Mayo across the finishing line but it didn't happen. They probably need a new face anyway.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Crete Boom

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on August 27, 2018, 06:41:20 PM
Embarrassing for the County Board and their earlier statement telling us all was well.

If I was near PC I'd post a Chemical Ali meme here....,

They couldn't give a shite in the executive as long as they feel the have taken back control from the players and that those players  or any future county players now know who runs Mayo football then they will be quite happy. Also if it saves a few pounds and reduces the headaches of organising training camps/ backroom staff etc.. then all the better!!

It is a pity cause I would say a large chunk of the team who maybe felt they could go for a year or two more will retire now which will make the transition to a new team a lot harder when losing all that experience.
I expect a cheap local safe manager to be appointed which could spell a few years in the wilderness till there is the appetite at board level to actually compete again!!

Anyone for John Maughan part 3??