Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

2012 the last time Arsenal won at Liverpool in the league I think. Even getting a point there is tough for the Gunners.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Dunno what to make of that. Think they had a chance to claim all 3 points due to the opening 30 mins.

No leeway now.

marty34

2-0 up, then pegged back to 2-2.

Arteta probably happy with draw  before the game.  In saying that, he'd be disappointed at losing the goal before half-time.

They could have went in 2-0 up and the team talk could have been different.

Piskin

Pressure on Arsenal bigtime now. Lucky to come away with a point at the end.

Walter Cronc

Some shite talked. There was pressure on them post Everton. They won 7 on the spin. City game decisive

ONeill

The City game wasn't decisive til now. Definitely adds pressure to win the rest.

Walter Cronc

It was always decisive. Liverpool away was hardly ever a gimme..1 point gained today. Don't lose at City and they'll win the league

screenexile

Are you lads ok there? You would have taken 2nd at the start of the year!

trailer

ONeill

Today's result didn't really make any difference after last week's draw. The two results combined have taken away the safety bumper.

This game at City is probably the biggest game Arsenal has played in over a decade. At present, I can see a comfortable City win. But you never know. A draw is a good result.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on April 16, 2023, 09:48:00 PM
Today's result didn't really make any difference after last week's draw. The two results combined have taken away the safety bumper.

This game at City is probably the biggest game Arsenal has played in over a decade. At present, I can see a comfortable City win. But you never know. A draw is a good result.
You think they've got the mentality to see it through? I'd say that's them gone.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 16, 2023, 09:57:33 PM

You think they've got the mentality to see it through? I'd say that's them gone.

Opinions are like a@@@holes.... Everyone has one.

ONeill

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 16, 2023, 09:57:33 PM

Hard to know. It's a pity that the return of Jesus has coincided with a drop in standards from their key players - Saka, Odegaard and Partey. Throw in the instability of the back 4 right now.

It's a case now of beating Southampton and then throwing the kitchen sink at City. If they come away from those games with 4 points, they have 5 games to see it out. But at the minute I think Pep has City boiling nicely and could really put Arsenal out of their misery.

Captain Obvious

Theo Walcott coming back to haunt.