2018 NFL Division 1

Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, January 02, 2018, 09:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

It will be interesting to see if Donegal can keep this up into the summer.

We all know what happened last year after an impressive league campaign. They are a very physically imposing side though particularly when they get the likes of McGee, Murphy, McGrath and McGlynn back. Thought the no.2 was very impressive for them.

Main Street

Quote from: J70 on January 28, 2018, 05:20:34 PM
Bit of a sickening loss in the end for Donegal. Played very well after going down to 14. McBrearty and MacNiallais were immense. But a few very soft hometown decisions, some slack marking and a fucked-up lockout leading to the second Kerry goal made the difference.
The ref seemed to buy every silicon enhanced fall to floor made by a Kerry player.

Tubberman

Quote from: Main Street on January 28, 2018, 05:12:19 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 28, 2018, 04:14:42 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 28, 2018, 03:52:17 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 28, 2018, 03:38:35 PM
Mayo 0-13 Monaghan 0-12 full time.

A bit of a smash and grab at the end. We'll take it!  :)

For sure. From my vantage point on the radio, it seems Caff had a good game. I hope he keeps it up. Regan and Douglas will also give Rochford food for thought after their scoring rate. Andy must be some boy. Monaghan, not for the first time lost the head it seems. Good start to the year. Kerry (who keep referring to last August's loss to Mayo as the worst thing that ever happened) up next. Revenge will surely be on their minds.
Lost their heads? You mean to include Ryan Wylie in that assessment, who picked up a 2nd yellow after Aiden O'Shea collapsed to the turf? A wise person would want to see that incident before making comment. 
The crucial difference according to the objective radio commentary sponsored by Sam's Diner, was the ref not seeing a foul in the last Monaghan attack and instead awarded a free out for a handled ball on the ground,  that led to Mayo scoring  a fine winner instead of Monaghan.

Monaghan man walking out beside me said Wylie kneed O'Shea in the balls and was a definite red. Didn't spot what it was for myself
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

trileacman

Quote from: Main Street on January 28, 2018, 05:34:38 PM
Bit of a sickening loss in the end for Donegal. Played very well after going down to 14. McBrearty and MacNiallais were immense. But a few very soft hometown decisions, some slack marking and a fucked-up lockout leading to the second Kerry goal made the difference.
The ref seemed to buy every silicon enhanced fall to floor made by a Kerry player.

Kerry men seem to be  serial divers. It was marked how much of it an Gaeltacht done yesterday against moy.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Gael85

Same as yesterday game. Anytime contact made to  player in possession dived to ground holding his head.

omagh_gael

Three Ulster teams all beat. Once off or a sign of things to come?

Cunny Funt

Two Connacht sides won when the majority of people including many of their own supporters thought they would lose. The old tag line expect the unexpected rang true today.

criostlinn

Quote from: Main Street on January 28, 2018, 05:12:19 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 28, 2018, 04:14:42 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 28, 2018, 03:52:17 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 28, 2018, 03:38:35 PM
Mayo 0-13 Monaghan 0-12 full time.

A bit of a smash and grab at the end. We'll take it!  :)

For sure. From my vantage point on the radio, it seems Caff had a good game. I hope he keeps it up. Regan and Douglas will also give Rochford food for thought after their scoring rate. Andy must be some boy. Monaghan, not for the first time lost the head it seems. Good start to the year. Kerry (who keep referring to last August's loss to Mayo as the worst thing that ever happened) up next. Revenge will surely be on their minds.
Lost their heads? You mean to include Ryan Wylie in that assessment, who picked up a 2nd yellow after Aiden O'Shea collapsed to the turf? A wise person would want to see that incident before making comment. 
The crucial difference according to the objective radio commentary sponsored by Sam's Diner, was the ref not seeing a foul in the last Monaghan attack and instead awarded a free out for a handled ball on the ground,  that led to Mayo scoring  a fine winner instead of Monaghan.

::)  So great wise one. Did you see the incident in question. Or did you see any of the numerous incidents when Aidan O'Shea was taken out of it of the ball. The thing is Monaghan could have won this but yet again were let down by indiscipline

seafoid

Quote from: omagh_gael on January 28, 2018, 06:50:51 PM
Systematic I think.
Last year's championship was not good for an Tuaisceart.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Gael85 on January 28, 2018, 06:27:25 PM

Same as yesterday game. Anytime contact made to  player in possession dived to ground holding his head.

Are ye f**king serious? McLoone and McHugh gave their best auditions for Swan Lake today, but..it was Kerry players who were diving?   ;D Fierce balance here altogether!
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

omagh_gael

Quote from: seafoid on January 28, 2018, 08:19:17 PM
Systematic I think.

Sickening Galway arrogance ;)

larryin89

Caff was very good, o donoghue was brilliant, coen and gibbons did well. Regan was v good in first half. Douglas was also good.

Negatives...a tad worrying seeing diarmuid not really perform again.

Higgans was said to be given an extended break but then played for the hurlers today, I cant fathom this at all.

Monaghan are a very dirty side ,forever at the off the ball stuff,just before the half time whistle evan regan was assaulted . Im tired of this shit from agricultural red neck fucktards , its time it was dealt with. Monaghan were the exact same last year in castlebar . Pure savages
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

seafoid

Quote from: omagh_gael on January 28, 2018, 08:55:05 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 28, 2018, 08:19:17 PM
Systematic I think.

Sickening Galway arrogance ;)
Even though Tyrone have no forwards I expected the backs to score at least 4 points more than the Galway forwards
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Duine Eile

Went to Tuam today expecting Tyrone to win to be honest but was happy to be proven wrong. Good fight and passion shown but with the horrendous day it was impossible to judge anyone really. Steady team performance and great to get the win.

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: From the Bunker
But until you see your own county (a county you know the best) humbled you are speaking as a person blinded by old values and old rules.

Galway have had enough "humbling" from far worse than the current Dublin team, that cheque in the the post anyway, will be cashed soon enough in this Division One campaign.

I was in Tuam so I didn't hear the GBFM commentary but it's always amusing to hear people from other counties giving out about the GBFM commentary team's (hilariously OTT at times) biases, it's local radio though, what are you going to do?