2018 NFL Division 1

Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, January 02, 2018, 09:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 28, 2018, 03:52:17 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 28, 2018, 03:38:35 PM
Mayo 0-13 Monaghan 0-12 full time.

A bit of a smash and grab at the end. We'll take it!  :)

For sure. From my vantage point on the radio, it seems Caff had a good game. I hope he keeps it up. Regan and Douglas will also give Rochford food for thought after their scoring rate. Andy must be some boy. Monaghan, not for the first time lost the head it seems. Good start to the year. Kerry (who keep referring to last August's loss to Mayo as the worst thing that ever happened) up next. Revenge will surely be on their minds.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

That is a great win for Galway.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: seafoid on January 28, 2018, 04:22:38 PM

Think they really needed to win today to give themselves a chance of staying up. Especially with Donegal A Mayo H and Kerry A to come next. If they could nick a win in one of those games they will give themselves a shot at staying up with the Kildare and Monaghan games to come towards the end of the league.

Whishtup

Quote from: seafoid on January 28, 2018, 04:22:38 PM

Well deserved too. Conroy and Cooke lorded the midfield. Not often you see Mattie Donnelly put on his ass.  Hopefully some soul searching done after this by players and management to keep the score down next week.  Bring back the double blanket swarm multi sweeper system, I'd say! Have to wonder what the plan is, other than depend on Petey Harte to do something special.

T Fearon

Tyrone are finished.Psychologically damaged by the heavy defeat by the Dubs.Next week will finish them off!

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: redzone on January 28, 2018, 02:55:16 PM
Jesus Galway bay fm. Bunch of clowns

Enjoyed the co commentator when there was some nonsense near the end, "I don't know who is to blame for this but it's a a northern thing and when they start you have to defend yourself"  ;D. Reminded of Martin McHugh on Highland Radio a few years back when there was an incident. Said he hadn't seen it and couldn't comment, then when the Donegal man was sent off he claimed it was an outrageous decision. Still, happy enough to have live coverage to listen to.

Poor from Tyrone by the sounds of it but no need to get too upset at this stage.

In hiding

Quote from: redzone on January 28, 2018, 03:48:02 PM
Colly cav is key to Tyrone. Interesting that the radio said Tyrone were going man to man. If it wasn't clear before it probably won't be now. There is a reason for our defensive game plan
What is that reason ?
Are you saying the panel of players Tyrone have aren't good enough in div 1 ?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: In hiding on January 28, 2018, 05:02:50 PM
Colly cav is key to Tyrone. Interesting that the radio said Tyrone were going man to man. If it wasn't clear before it probably won't be now. There is a reason for our defensive game plan
What is that reason ?

I think our full back line is very weak and needs the protection.

In hiding

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 28, 2018, 05:04:18 PM
What is that reason ?

Every serious team protects their full back line. Some do it more intelligently than others

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: In hiding on January 28, 2018, 05:06:27 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 28, 2018, 05:04:18 PM
What is that reason ?

Every serious team protects their full back line. Some do it more intelligently than others

Some full back lines need a lot less protection than others.

yellowcard

In the space of 5 months Tyrone have gone from being the side who were going to halt the Dublin juggernaut to a team likely to be fighting off relegation from division one. Rather than blaming Harte for setting up a defensive gameplan maybe they simply don't have good enough players to play a more attacking brand of football.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: redzone on January 28, 2018, 04:14:31 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 28, 2018, 04:08:04 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on January 28, 2018, 04:06:23 PM
done little? comes on again today with 4 mins to go. hardly much time to make an impact.

Yes, done little.

I'd rather McHugh gets a chance than Brennan, Brennan doesn't offer anything McCurry, Bradley etc don't.
Have u seen mchugh play. U seem adamant he should be on

He's the only inside forward we have who has a bit of presence, he's 6ft1 so therefore he offers something the other forwards do not. Brennan, McCurry, McAliksey, O'Neill and Bradley are all too small for the modern game to play inside.

Main Street

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 28, 2018, 04:14:42 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 28, 2018, 03:52:17 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 28, 2018, 03:38:35 PM
Mayo 0-13 Monaghan 0-12 full time.

A bit of a smash and grab at the end. We'll take it!  :)

For sure. From my vantage point on the radio, it seems Caff had a good game. I hope he keeps it up. Regan and Douglas will also give Rochford food for thought after their scoring rate. Andy must be some boy. Monaghan, not for the first time lost the head it seems. Good start to the year. Kerry (who keep referring to last August's loss to Mayo as the worst thing that ever happened) up next. Revenge will surely be on their minds.
Lost their heads? You mean to include Ryan Wylie in that assessment, who picked up a 2nd yellow after Aiden O'Shea collapsed to the turf? A wise person would want to see that incident before making comment. 
The crucial difference according to the objective radio commentary sponsored by Sam's Diner, was the ref not seeing a foul in the last Monaghan attack and instead awarded a free out for a handled ball on the ground,  that led to Mayo scoring  a fine winner instead of Monaghan.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: yellowcard on January 28, 2018, 05:09:37 PM
In the space of 5 months Tyrone have gone from being the side who were going to halt the Dublin juggernaut to a team likely to be fighting off relegation from division one. Rather than blaming Harte for setting up a defensive gameplan maybe they simply don't have good enough players to play a more attacking brand of football.

I would say there is an element of truth in that, we have plenty of skilled footballers but we don't have a top inside forward who can win all types of ball and finish. Guys like McCurry, O'Neill, Brennan and Bradley are all skilled footballers but they simply don't have that physical presence you need nowadays to survive inside.

J70

Bit of a sickening loss in the end for Donegal. Played very well after going down to 14. McBrearty and MacNiallais were immense. But a few very soft hometown decisions, some slack marking and a fucked-up lockout leading to the second Kerry goal made the difference.