2018 NFL Division 1

Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, January 02, 2018, 09:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 19, 2018, 12:26:45 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 19, 2018, 11:50:23 AM
Quote from: Fuzzman on January 19, 2018, 10:03:11 AM
I'm sure it sounds arrogant but I would expect Tyrone to win this handy enough.
I'd really like to see us go all out this year to win the league as these younger players, especially now with no senior AI medals in the team (or does McCarron have 2) need to start showing that they can eat at the top table and not just be happy to say they're a top 4 team.

Lets face it Dublin and Kerry dont really rate winning the league as a big deal any more but like to get to the final stages for match practice. I'd like to see Mickey Harte realise how much it would boost this team's confidence and belief in themselves is they really went for the league and not be so lethargic as in other years.

I expect them to be eating loads of beans next weekend. Does the team stay down on the Sat night? I wonder where?

Will Tyrone be missing many players?

Possibly the Moy duo of Colm Cavanagh and Harry Loughran but I'd say we'll be at full strength otherwise.

Thats good going for this time year unfortunately no such luck for Galway who are missing Power, Silke, Farragher, O'Donnell, O'Currain, Armstrong, Lundy, Daly, Cummins & Burke.  You could add Molloy to that list as I'd have expected him to see plenty of game time . Thats 10/11 players missing out of a Galways best 21/22 players. Looking at it positively it gives someone else a chance but its hard to see anything other than a Tyrone win.

GalwayBayBoy

TG4 coverage for the early rounds

Sunday 28 January

12:40pm   GAA Beo Coverage begins

Live match:  Clare v Tipperary, Live from Cusack Park, Ennis  (Allianz Hurling League, Round 1)  2pm throw-in

Deferred match:  Kerry v Donegal from Fitzgerald Stadium, Killarney

Sunday 4 February

1:30pm  GAA Beo Coverage begins

Live: Wexford v Cork, Live from Innovate Wexford Park

Deferred: Donegal v Galway from Letterkenny

Deferred: Kilkenny v Clare from Nowlan Park

Saturday 10 February

1:30pm   GAA Beo Coverage begins

Live coverage from the AIB All-Ireland Senior Club Hurling Championship Semi-Finals

Na Piarsaigh v Slaughtneil from Parnell Park (2pm throw-in)

Cuala v Liam Mellows from Semple Stadium (4pm throw-in)

Sunday 11 February

11:50am   GAA Beo coverage begins

Live:   Lidl Ladies National Football League Division 1 – Galway v Mayo, Live from Pearse Stadium (12pm throw-in)

Live:   Galway v Mayo, Allianz Football League, Round 3, Live from Pearse Stadium   (2pm throw-in)

Deferred:  Monaghan v Kerry from Iniskeen

Deferred:  Kildare v Tyrone from Newbridge

Avondhu star

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 20, 2018, 12:18:22 AM
TG4 coverage for the early rounds

Sunday 28 January

12:40pm   GAA Beo Coverage begins

Live match:  Clare v Tipperary, Live from Cusack Park, Ennis  (Allianz Hurling League, Round 1)  2pm throw-in

Deferred match:  Kerry v Donegal from Fitzgerald Stadium, Killarney

Sunday 4 February

1:30pm  GAA Beo Coverage begins

Live: Wexford v Cork, Live from Innovate Wexford Park

Deferred: Donegal v Galway from Letterkenny

Deferred: Kilkenny v Clare from Nowlan Park

Saturday 10 February

1:30pm   GAA Beo Coverage begins

Live coverage from the AIB All-Ireland Senior Club Hurling Championship Semi-Finals

Na Piarsaigh v Slaughtneil from Parnell Park (2pm throw-in)

Cuala v Liam Mellows from Semple Stadium (4pm throw-in)

Sunday 11 February

11:50am   GAA Beo coverage begins

Live:   Lidl Ladies National Football League Division 1 – Galway v Mayo, Live from Pearse Stadium (12pm throw-in)

Live:   Galway v Mayo, Allianz Football League, Round 3, Live from Pearse Stadium   (2pm throw-in)

Deferred:  Monaghan v Kerry from Iniskeen

Deferred:  Kildare v Tyrone from Newbridge
A lot of good fixtures there. Hopefully no weather disruptions. It would be nice if players being interviewed after could make an effort to speak their native language
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

twohands!!!

Quote from: Avondhu star on January 20, 2018, 12:44:18 AM

A lot of good fixtures there. Hopefully no weather disruptions. It would be nice if players being interviewed after could make an effort to speak their native language

Native language generally refers to the language someone has been exposed to from birth. For the overwhelming majority of people in Ireland, this is English.

larryin89

Is there no bus eireann bus to clones?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Mayo Border

larryin89

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Farrandeelin

I reckon Div 1 will see Dublin, Kerry and Tyrone battling it out. Donegal will probably stay up. The remaining four will be dicing with relegation.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Avondhu star

Quote from: twohands!!! on January 20, 2018, 03:47:31 PM

Native language generally refers to the language someone has been exposed to from birth. For the overwhelming majority of people in Ireland, this is English.
Do you really think that the majority of GAA supporters would agree with that English is their native language?

twohands!!!

Quote from: Avondhu star on January 22, 2018, 10:21:02 AM

Do you really think that the majority of GAA supporters would agree with that English is their native language?

If they have a correct understanding of the meaning of the phrase native language is then yes.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 22, 2018, 10:07:38 AM
I reckon Div 1 will see Dublin, Kerry and Tyrone battling it out. Donegal will probably stay up. The remaining four will be dicing with relegation.
Looking at the number of players Kerry will be missing for a good part of the league i think the will be battling it out at the other end of the table.

Lar Naparka

In my experience, they certainly do.
The majority have a sentimental attachment to the Irish language and generally wish they had a better understanding of it but wouldn't take any positive steps, such as attending Irish language classes, improve their knowledge of the language.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Avondhu star

Quote from: Lar Naparka on January 22, 2018, 02:02:41 PM

The majority have a sentimental attachment to the Irish language and generally wish they had a better understanding of it but wouldn't take any positive steps, such as attending Irish language classes, improve their knowledge of the language.
I'd say your experience is very limited so.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Avondhu star on January 22, 2018, 08:22:21 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on January 22, 2018, 02:02:41 PM

I'd say your experience is very limited so.
;D ;D ;D
Something tells me thatyou had a very sheltered upbringing, well removed from the realities of everyday strife and life.
Would I be correct in saying you went to a Gaelscoil or, worse still, a CB gulag institution?
Tell you what, if even one individual, on two legs or four, I'm not fussy, agrees with you, I'll rest my case.

BTW, I've nothing against the Gaelic language, once the national language of our ancestors, I'll rest my case.
Oh and while I am at it, I both speak and write Irish fluently.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

cornetto

League form is diverse for a lot of teams,trying out new players ,systems and the like.it is imperative(like that word) For the weaker teams Galway,kildare,to try & get as many points in the early rounds to have any chance of staying up.as a Galway man I can see us realistically getting 4pts and at that a big if! It would not be good to go down after 1yr but if it happens so be  it.
May 13 is the big one and I expect Galway to once again to have the measure of mayo.
But  mayo to go on as main connacht
challengers for all Ireland honours.