Potential New Armagh Managers (with a bit of luck we'll need one)

Started by topgun, July 09, 2007, 06:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

I think Armagh would benefit from a manager who is outside of the existing set up and outside of Crossmaglen ( no disrepsect to Cross )

topgun

armagh would benefit from a manager with the balls to make a change, or changes, that can react to wats needed on the field of play on ANY GIVEN SUNDAY
a prophet is not recognised by his own

Armamike

QuoteBTW, I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned Donal Murtagh.

I don't think he would have anywhere near the same ability as Joe to handle the media, as evidenced by his comments after the All-Ireland Club final, but given the fact that he dropped SK, you can be damn sure he's his own man.

What did he say after the club final that was so bad? I thought he was refreshingly honest.

Donal Murtagh seems to have a lot of the necessary attributes - a good reader of a game and quick to make changes where necessary
(and changes that usually work).  There would be no favourites with him.  I'd be happy to see him in charge. It may be a little soon for him at county level, but who knows.

Joe can't see the wood from the trees anymore. Too much attention is given to the detail in the preparation, but the football basics are being overlooked (i.e. effective tactics, team balance, the right personnel etc.).  He has a lot to answer for, for not giving a chance in the championship to a few of the younger guys in the past 2 years, and Vernon and Forker especially this year. Some of these lads have been on the panel a couple of years now and still have to make their debuts. By the look of things he intends to stay on.  If he had decided to go, he would have said so by now.   

That's just, like your opinion man.

pintsofguinness

QuoteBy the look of things he intends to stay on.  If he had decided to go, he would have said so by now.
Christ... :'(

QuoteWhat did he say after the club final that was so bad? I thought he was refreshingly honest.
Murtagh just couldn't cope with the Media, after the club final he was going on that they'd have a rest until the county final this year  ::)
He's came across as bit of a bollocks (and he's not a bad fella) in some of his interviews before the game as well, talking about coasting the county championship and all that shite.

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Uladh

High Catch

full back

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 16, 2007, 10:01:19 PM
Murtagh just couldn't cope with the Media, after the club final he was going on that they'd have a rest until the county final this year  ::)

He is proving to be right though pog

Uladh

Quote from: High Catch on July 17, 2007, 11:19:30 AM
Why do you think that Uladh?

Common knowledge round these parts HC. He's telling anyone who'll listen of his plans for building a new team and how the older players have been holding the team back.

Armamike

Uladh it makes you wonder then why he didn't give a chance to more of the younger players in the 2 games then - was he a) afraid of offending the likes of McConville or b) didn't have enough faith in the younger players. If B, then he's contradicting himself.  New players have been introduced at the back and midfield, but the forward lines have contained the same names (apart from SK) for a good few years now. We badly need new faces in the half forwards and full forwards.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Aghdavoyle

Kernan's going nowhere.

Being county manager and having the profile that goes with it is too good for business. plus he has three more sons to get onto the team hich any prospective manager (other than patrica) aren't guaranteed to do. Jabba wouldn't have a future in the media if he were to leave so once he leaves or is booted out (yeah right), the profile he craves is gone.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: full back on July 17, 2007, 11:29:33 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 16, 2007, 10:01:19 PM

He is proving to be right though pog
It doesn't matter if he's right or not full back, a bad winner is worse than a bad loser!

As for Joe staying...f**king hell...
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

naka

also heard joe is staying, hopefully will have the good sense to make up with PG

Hank Everlast

naka id say there is very little chance of that happening.... And besides is PG not stayn on for at least another year at Cavan anyways?!

orangeman

I hope for Armagh's sake that Joe packs it in - Jesus he'd be an awful glutton for punishment satying on this length of time - but maybe he enjoys it that much that would be prepared to stay on -  if the older players retire, then maybe he could be effective as a manager going forward - but in my head, I always thought that this year would be it -

The longer he remains undecided would suggest that he is going to stay on ??

rrhf

if he stay will he be done for verbal abuse of the referee "clown" -------could mean he'd miss 3 months of next season.