Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redzone

The ulster herald has it that dwayne quinn.shea mcgiugan.emmet mckenna and paddy mcniece have left the squad.if true its a wild thing to do a few weeks before the showdown with donegal.granted some might be injured but not all of them

TF15

Disappointed Dwayne Quinn left the panel, couldn't really care about the other three going as they had plenty of chances and were far from impressive. Quinn found it tough to get into the defence but in fairness I think they defence has been pretty good in the league (aided by the system of course). I hope Micky drafts in a few U21s when they are finished up. Their freshness would be no bad thing to bring into the panel.

Gaffer

Ricey is the subject on Laochra Gael next Tuesday night 8pm TnaG

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Man Marker

Quote from: redzone on April 07, 2015, 05:05:54 PM
The ulster herald has it that dwayne quinn.shea mcgiugan.emmet mckenna and paddy mcniece have left the squad.if true its a wild thing to do a few weeks before the showdown with donegal.granted some might be injured but not all of them

Yeah, go ahead and enlighten us how sitting on a bench all season, playing max of 60 mins and then missing 5 starred games with the club will help you develop as a player. Answers on a stamp.

DermyTDredi

Quote from: Man Marker on April 07, 2015, 11:53:41 PM
Quote from: redzone on April 07, 2015, 05:05:54 PM

Yeah, go ahead and enlighten us how sitting on a bench all season, playing max of 60 mins and then missing 5 starred games with the club will help you develop as a player. Answers on a stamp.

+1

Max Payne

Quote from: Gaffer on April 07, 2015, 09:58:47 PM

The show is set to last an extra 45 minutes than normal due to all his stuttering and stammering whenever he was asked a question.

skeog

what a disgusting comment max payne go and get yourself versed in how a stammer or speech impediment can affect people or better still dont comment

Gaffer

Quote from: Max Payne on April 08, 2015, 11:36:12 AM

The show is set to last an extra 45 minutes than normal due to all his stuttering and stammering whenever he was asked a question.

Sure next time you see someone in a wheelchair go over and have a good laugh at them!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Sunny Day

With the recent departures of lads from the Tyrone panel what is now the panel count?  Is there 30 plus players readily available?  You would need 30 plus players to be able to play in house games for the next six weeks in preparation of the Donegal game.

Under Lights

Quote from: Sunny Day on April 08, 2015, 12:16:00 PM
With the recent departures of lads from the Tyrone panel what is now the panel count?  Is there 30 plus players readily available?  You would need 30 plus players to be able to play in house games for the next six weeks in preparation of the Donegal game.

Some club lads get drafted in to play in these.

Max Payne

Quote from: skeog on April 08, 2015, 12:05:52 PM
what a disgusting comment max payne go and get yourself versed in how a stammer or speech impediment can affect people or better still dont comment

Hes a bumbling fool. If it was anybody else bar Ricey I would have sympathy for them but speech impediment or otherwise, it never affects him too badly when he is gubbing on a football field. Disgusting sums him up perfectly.

redzone

good one max, I did laugh at that one.no harm but there's a hell of a lot of men from that tyrone team who should be on it before him. a good footballer but not anywhere near a legend.

good to have you back man marker. all im sayin is that surely they went in to the setup at the start of the year knowing that they would have very little roles to play. its the same on every county team, you will have 20 players that will play the games and the other boys will be there to make training competive. theres a flip side to that though and if you are showing well at training  then you may well get a chance at some stage, you will just have to bide your time. one player who I think has shown this and proved he is upto the task is pj lavery. hes kept his head down kept at it and any time he has got game time hes worked like a demon and proved hes upto the task, and if I was picking the team id nearly have him in corner forward for the championship.fair play to yea pj.

As for the lads not developing by being on the county panel, laughable that. cant understand that at all. surely the mere fact of being involved the other county players, training with them and being coached by a multiple all Ireland winning manager would bring anybody on. At the end of the day they would only be missing 3/4 starred games, in the grand scheme of things not that much. but if their not happy its their choice. I think the harsh reality is they just aren't upto county standard

good luck to the lads tonite

Man Marker

Playing is the only way you develop, coaching is only relevant if you play so you can copper fasten what you have been coached into proper game/ pressure situations. Therecr players who have sat on that Tyrone bench and their game has went backwards, Peter Donnelly is a very obvious example

Mickey don't do the coaching, hasn't in a while

Man Marker

Quote from: Max Payne on April 08, 2015, 11:36:12 AM

Max if you don't like the man, say it, no one will get offended by that, but don't make fun of some ones disability, you come across as ignorant