Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Stan on February 27, 2020, 09:46:18 PM
Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on February 27, 2020, 09:28:58 PM
Quote from: Stan on February 27, 2020, 09:21:03 PM
Listened to the Podcast by Jarlath Burns on Off the Ball (i think that was it)
I had a very different view of him before listening - have met him a few times and know that he is very driven and focused and hard working etc...the podcast would suggest that he might have some substance to his drive for President.

Anyone heard it?

Most of these guys talk the talk , but walking it is different. The Last President who walked the walk was Peter Quinn. The current one went in on the ticket of sorting the fixtures, he has been useless.

You listened to the podcast then - what did you think?

Listen, why? As I said already, they are good at talking the talk, I will judge him walking the walk. If he sorts fixtures he will have an outstanding success. But you won't sort it out if you spend to much time talking.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: The_Slug on February 28, 2020, 11:39:57 AM
Quote from: square_ball on February 27, 2020, 06:06:09 PM
Quote from: skeog on February 27, 2020, 05:42:57 PM
Looking like a washout Saturday.Pomeroy on standby apparently be some culture shock for the Blues.

Some culture shock is right. How would their entourage fit in those changing rooms?

a club senior team can barely fit in the changing rooms and often have to move half the lads into another changing room to get togged out, and then bring everyone into the one room for the team talk. I would guess the majority of the dublin lads have never experienced anything like that before... and i would think pomeroy might pull the old trick were the electric for the building has suddenly stopped working, leaving the changing rooms with no source of light  ::)

also worth noting that the warm up is done on a tiny area of the back pitch that is literally surrounded by parked cars, it would make for an interesting spectacle.

Truly hope the game goes to pomeroy

The game needs to be played there to embarrass the county board into doing something with Omagh pitch

RedHand88

stillsenior

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on February 28, 2020, 12:59:00 PM
Looking like a washout Saturday.Pomeroy on standby apparently be some culture shock for the Blues.

Some culture shock is right. How would their entourage fit in those changing rooms?

a club senior team can barely fit in the changing rooms and often have to move half the lads into another changing room to get togged out, and then bring everyone into the one room for the team talk. I would guess the majority of the dublin lads have never experienced anything like that before... and i would think pomeroy might pull the old trick were the electric for the building has suddenly stopped working, leaving the changing rooms with no source of light  ::)

also worth noting that the warm up is done on a tiny area of the back pitch that is literally surrounded by parked cars, it would make for an interesting spectacle.

The game needs to be played there to embarrass the county board into doing something with Omagh pitch

I agree. People on here in the past making remarks about Omagh not wanting to pay the money to have the pitch sorted but when was the last time Omagh couldn't play a home league game because Healy Park wasn't playable

Angelo

They've already been embarrassed into doing so.

I think the county could really do with a more than reliable second venue though in the east of the county. It would be good to see some investment being made in a ground like Dungannon and making it fit to hold league games.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Angelo on February 28, 2020, 02:09:36 PM

I think the county could really do with a more than reliable second venue though in the east of the county. It would be good to see some investment being made in a ground like Dungannon and making it fit to hold league games.

Grounds are a kip, pitch is crap. No parking and unable to sort out a conflict with a local farmer means the back road into it looks like something in Aleppo. There is bound to be better candidates.

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 28, 2020, 02:16:16 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 28, 2020, 02:09:36 PM

Grounds are a kip, pitch is crap. No parking and unable to sort out a conflict with a local farmer means the back road into it looks like something in Aleppo. There is bound to be better candidates.

There is bound to be a better option for development in the East apart from Dungannon Clarke's.

screenexile

Is this definitely going to be off?? Meant to be going to Omagh tomorrow night for my sins...

stillsenior

Quote from: screenexile on February 28, 2020, 03:23:55 PM
Is this definitely going to be off?? Meant to be going to Omagh tomorrow night for my sins...

Weather has been fairly good in Omagh today but the forecast isn't good for tomorrow

Gaafan2

Do you care to disclose what club your from? Its easy to go on to a message board and start ridiculing another clubs facilities. We know ourselves our changing facilities are outdated and no longer practical therefore we've done something about it. New facilities are currently under construction at the top end of the field. Phase 1 - A community hub is almost complete. Work on phase 2 - changing rooms and a gym is about to start.

There is no other ground in Tyrone outside of Healy Park that has a fully terraced field that could hold 12000 plus people. That's clearly why a lot of the big club championship games are held in Plunkett Park and why the Dublin game may be switched there should Healy Park be waterlogged.

For what its worth, there are no warm up facilities in Edendork yet nobody seemed to mention that ::)

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: gaafan2 on February 28, 2020, 04:31:36 PM

Do you care to disclose what club your from? Its easy to go on to a message board and start ridiculing another clubs facilities. We know ourselves our changing facilities are outdated and no longer practical therefore we've done something about it. New facilities are currently under construction at the top end of the field. Phase 1 - A community hub is almost complete. Work on phase 2 - changing rooms and a gym is about to start.

There is no other ground in Tyrone outside of Healy Park that has a fully terraced field that could hold 12000 plus people. That's clearly why a lot of the big club championship games are held in Plunkett Park and why the Dublin game may be switched there should Healy Park be waterlogged.

For what its worth, there are no warm up facilities in Edendork yet nobody seemed to mention that ::)

To balance, Edendork took the game when every other 'big' ground point blank refused. They can't really be criticised in any way for pulling the rabbit out of the hat.

Why do Carrickmore never take any of these games? Probably the best club facilities in county. Great pitch to play on.

Angelo

Can county boards not invest in pitch covers for when heavy rain is forecast, they would be quite common for sporting venues. Surely with the resources available to the GAA and the fixture chaos in the last few years with league games and bad weather they could issue grants to county boards to purchase these?

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Gaafan2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 28, 2020, 04:46:56 PM
Quote from: gaafan2 on February 28, 2020, 04:31:36 PM

To balance, Edendork took the game when every other 'big' ground point blank refused. They can't really be criticised in any way for pulling the rabbit out of the hat.

Why do Carrickmore never take any of these games? Probably the best club facilities in county. Great pitch to play on.

I wasnt critising Edendork, I was merely pointing out the fact pomeroy was criticised for having half a training field for warming up yet Edendork has no warming up facilities.

We were asked to hold the Kerry game but couldn't due to work being carried out on the sewers as part of the new build.

No doubt Carrickmore have good facilities but their grounds would also be partial to flooding due to the river that flows beside it.

skeog

Lets get real the amount of rain that has fallen,Noahs Ark would have been in trouble.Dry mostly today be good to take the Blues out of their comfort zone.

Goals_Will_Come

1. Niall Morgan
2. Michael Cassidy
3. Ronan McNammee
4. Liam Rafferty
5. Michael McKernan
6. Rory Brennan
7. Michael O'Neill
8. Colm Cavanagh
9. Padraig Hampsey
10. Frank Burns
11. Niall Sludden