Dun na nGall v Doire 13th April 2008

Started by wherefromreferee?, April 07, 2008, 09:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wherefromreferee?

A big game for the 2 counties.  Anyone care to predict?  Will both team play down the encounter with the Championship just around the corner?
So many questions...
In your Endo!

lynchbhoy

Derry should go at this full pelt to win. No holding back.

screenexile

Have to agree with lynchbhoy... hard to know about Donegal as they seem to be a bit of an enigma this year. Win against Kerry and Galway then lose to Tyrone and Kildare! As for Derry well we're going well at the minute but we are equally likely to play bad the next day. It will be an interesting game anyway and hopefully a good one. I'm going to plump for Derry by 2 and I think we could also beat Galway if we played them again!

Hoof Hearted

all ticket this one in letterkenny this sunday @ 2.30
summer and c/ship is getting near
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Donegal Danny

This could turn out to be a strange game. If Donegal win and Kerry beat Galway then i think it will be a Galway -Kerry final because Donegal scoring difference is poor. If Derry win and Kerry win then you will have 3 teams on 10 points so who will have the best scoring difference come next sunday evening. The best result for Donegal and Derry is for Kerry NOT to win against Galway leaving whoever win the Donegal/Derry game in the league final.Don't want to go into things if it ends in a draw because if Kerry win both teams are out.
Onto the game itself it should be a cracker with the Great facilities at O'Donnell park in Letterkenny getting to host another big game.I think Devenney will see some action on his home pitch and he will be looking to impress after his lay off. Competion for places in the Donegal forward line will mean every player will want to impress before championship so expect a game of high intensisty. I think it will be very close but fell that Derry have more fire power and might just shade it but i still fancy Donegal to win in Ballybofey come the 1 of June.
On a separate point can any of the Derry boys set up a challenge game between St Eunan's U 12's (LETTERKENNY) and a fairly decent Derry team for O'Donnell park directly after the senior game.I was told to try and get a team down to play our boys so any offers of help would be much appreciated.

Oakleafer1993

sorry never seen this thread - just in from work - sorry i started the other:-(

Anyway - I think the decision to play the last game in O'Donnell Park, Letterkenny with a capacity of only 3,800 (2,500 seated, 1,300 standing) is a absolute disgrace and the Donegal county board should be ashamed of themselves. There is no reason why this game could not be played in ballyshannon - ensuring that all supporters get a chance to go to the game. Very unsporting.

J70

Quote from: Oakleafer1993 on April 07, 2008, 10:26:20 PM

Anyway - I think the decision to play the last game in O'Donnell Park, Letterkenny with a capacity of only 3,800 (2,500 seated, 1,300 standing) is a absolute disgrace and the Donegal county board should be ashamed of themselves. There is no reason why this game could not be played in ballyshannon - ensuring that all supporters get a chance to go to the game. Very unsporting.

It is rather puzzling that they would select Letterkenny for this particular game. Ballybofey would seem to be the obvious choice with maybe something like the Laois game fixed for Letterkenny. Maybe they don't want to give Derry the chance to familiarize themselves with McCumhaill Park ahead of June 1st! :P

Donegal Danny would appear to be a Eunan's man. Maybe he can shed some light on why the Derry game was chosen for O'Donnell Park.

Is there much interest in Derry in attending, given that you're always getting abuse (at least on this board) for having very poor support?

On the bright side, its only 15 miles from Derry city!

tbrick18

I hate playing Donegal...think they are our bogey team.
Wouldnt be convinced we'll beat you in the league and even less convinced about the championship.
I rate the manager very highly and he knows our players too well for my liking.

Wouldnt mind a league final but wouldnt be too disheartened if we didnt get there.
I'd be more worried about the first roound game....think if we can get over it we can give ulster a serious push. The most important game of our season IMO.

doirebhoy

anyone know what the derry allocation of tickets will be??

loughshore lad

Quote from: tbrick18 on April 08, 2008, 09:49:34 AM
I hate playing Donegal...think they are our bogey team.
Wouldnt be convinced we'll beat you in the league and even less convinced about the championship.
I rate the manager very highly and he knows our players too well for my liking.

Wouldnt mind a league final but wouldnt be too disheartened if we didnt get there.
I'd be more worried about the first roound game....think if we can get over it we can give ulster a serious push. The most important game of our season IMO.

All pretty much spot on, have thought for a while now Derry will win Ulster provided they beat Donegal. McIver is top class and knows the Derry team inside out, will be mixed emotions for him with the son playing for Derry!

screenexile

Quote from: J70 on April 08, 2008, 02:11:26 AM
Quote from: Oakleafer1993 on April 07, 2008, 10:26:20 PM

It is rather puzzling that they would select Letterkenny for this particular game. Ballybofey would seem to be the obvious choice with maybe something like the Laois game fixed for Letterkenny. Maybe they don't want to give Derry the chance to familiarize themselves with McCumhaill Park ahead of June 1st! :P

Donegal Danny would appear to be a Eunan's man. Maybe he can shed some light on why the Derry game was chosen for O'Donnell Park.

Is there much interest in Derry in attending, given that you're always getting abuse (at least on this board) for having very poor support?

On the bright side, its only 15 miles from Derry city!

Since the Arnagh game last year our attendances have definitely improved. For a bad evening on Saturday we did well to have the crowd we did at Celtic Park.

3,800 tickets??!! What a joke. Disgraceful that a Division 1 game between two teams fighting it out for a NFL Final spot is played in such a miniscule stadium (can i call it that or is it just a field?).

How many will Derry get then? 500/1,000? What about the season ticket scheme how will that work out now?

Donegal Danny

The game is in Letterkenny because we are now entitled to 1 League game each year.The capacity for Sunday is 5,500 which is up 500 from the Kerry game last year. Anyone at that game would know that there was plenty of room opposite the stand and at the back of the far goals. Croke Park haven't inspected the ground since, which they should do and up the capacity to around 8,000. Anyway i think people will have no problem getting tickets, if you can't get a ticket you can watch the match from the lovely surrounding of the St Eunan's clubhouse which will be open for business. You will be able to see the whole game without having to to buy a ticket for 13 euro or £10. Please make sure you spend the money in the clubhouse because we badly need it!!! This is fact because the clubhouse is back from the pitch and turnstiles but still with a great view of the game.
On another point about venues, there was only 900 people at Ballyshannon on Sunday last. It is well known that Donegal supporter do not like travelling there for games and the crowd is alway poor. Mc Iver didn't want to play there either and the players hate it also. There days are numbered because Croke Park will soon cop on to the low revenue returns from Ballyshannon and tell the County board to stop playing games there.

Doire abú

GAA shouldn't be letting this match be played in LK. They should step in get the match moved to Ballybofey. They had no problems in doing that to us a few years ago when we wanted to play Dublin in Celtic Park.

A simply ridiculous situation that people will miss out on this match because Donegal don't want to play the game in EITHER Ballybofey or Ballyshannon.

Donegal Danny

Listen i can't see how any Derry fan who knows anything would want to travel to Ballyshannon. It's a complete kip of a place and the Donegal fans don't even travel hence only 900 fans there last Sunday to watch Donegal and Laois. I think 5,500 will hold the crowd on sunday unless it's a fine day and fair weather supporters from around Letterkenny decide they want to go. I have already stated that you can watch the perfectly well from the club house which is free. So stop your wineing and get into the clubhouse good and early and get a good seat close to the windows.