Dublin v Derry NFL Division 1 Parnell Park Sat 13th Feb

Started by wherefromreferee?, February 08, 2010, 01:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wherefromreferee?

Derry fresh from destroying Tyrone, Dublin after beating the Cute Hoors in Kerry for the first time in 28yrs.  Please discuss.
In your Endo!

heffo

Derry looked v impressive on Sat night without P Bradley.

They also gave us a footballing lesson in the same fixture last year - Derry by four.

Paddy1804

Will be much tighter than Saturday  ;) but will be another good test for a young and developing side...  Here's hoping for another good result

Bensars

Dont know if derry will carry the same degree of preapartion and hunger into this game as they did against Tyrone. i would imagine that prepartion over the last 6-8 weeks had been geared towards the National league opener.

Dublin on the other hand are bound have have a bit of confidence from scrapping out a win against Kerry in their own back yard. 28 years since they had done it, and with new young team, playing northern style blanket defence.

Although the some Dubs are trying to play down their expectations, i would fancy Dublin by 2.

Declan

RedBolts

Quote from: Bensars on February 08, 2010, 02:12:23 PM
Dont know if derry will carry the same degree of preapartion and hunger into this game as they did against Tyrone. i would imagine that prepartion over the last 6-8 weeks had been geared towards the National league opener.

Dublin on the other hand are bound have have a bit of confidence from scrapping out a win against Kerry in their own back yard. 28 years since they had done it, and with new young team, playing northern style blanket defence.

Although the some Dubs are trying to play down their expectations, i would fancy Dublin by 2.

From what i've heard Derry were actually pretty low-key heading into the Tyrone game, and weren't preparing specifically for it. The aim is to blood a few new players. Avoid relegation. Played better than Tyrone. Simple as that.

Another tough game on Saturday. Cannot wait.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on February 08, 2010, 01:35:39 PM
Derry fresh from destroying Tyrone, Dublin after beating the Cute Hoors in Kerry for the first time in 28yrs.  Please discuss.

The under card before the major powers do battle in the championship  8)

clawaddy

Really looking forward to this game  - both sides had good wins last week. Derry were excellent in this fixture last year, especially Eoin Bradley and Enda Lynn.  Why is this a home game for Dublin this year - It hought the fixtures were reversed each year?

INDIANA

Quote from: Bensars on February 08, 2010, 02:12:23 PM

derry by about 4-5 points. Dublin will find it hard to replicate yesterday within 6 days. And derry are better prepared than kerry at the moment. Derry will also be better clued in how to break down a blanket defence than kerry. Isn't kerry's strength and never will be.
Fennell will also get a real examination against Derry. I think I'd have handled quirke yesterday who I find hard to believe is kerry standard.
Really think derry have finally found the right positions for the likes of Mark Lynch. Dublin will look to build on the success of the newcomers again next week.
Just fancy Derry to be honest. It will take an awful lot of convincing for me to believe Dublin are again capable of living with the top teams.

orangeman

Listening to the radio this morning, 2FM Paddy Mc Kenna was saying that the Dublin team are training TWICE a day at the moment.

Morning and evening he said.

Was he right ?

lynchbhoy

cute hoorism from Heffo and Indy !!!

Should be a good game, two teams with a bit of confidence and hitting form for the league !

dont know the half of Dublins forwards and Fennell is showing Gilroy and the DCB what they missed out on last season by their lack of b*lls !

Looking forward to it. one or two points either way.
You dont follow Derry for over 30 years without becomming very sceptical and wary of a spontaneous collapse !  :D
Dont think it will happen, but that malaise has been a problem for a long time now !

INDIANA

Quote from: orangeman on February 08, 2010, 03:36:14 PM
Listening to the radio this morning, 2FM Paddy Mc Kenna was saying that the Dublin team are training TWICE a day at the moment.

Was he right ?
yep twice tuesdays and thursdays. thats why I'm not getting carried away because the other counties fitness wise will catch up very soon. also that isn't sustainable over a long period of time. dublin need to won next saturday to take advantage of whatever fitness edge they currently have

Sonny Joe

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 08, 2010, 02:50:06 PM
Quote from: wherefromreferee? on February 08, 2010, 01:35:39 PM

The under card before the major powers do battle in the championship  8)

are Tyrone on the slide. I know its hard to answer and only the c'ship will tell. But plyrs at this level have a life span and a high number of Tyrone players have been to the well many times. But they will answer those question s come the summer. Tyrone have now lost to Dryy, Donegal and of course Cork last summer. Very unTyrone like!!
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

The Aristocrat

Quote from: orangeman on February 08, 2010, 03:36:14 PM

Was he right ?

They only did it for two weeks, that has stopped now.