Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

north aontroim gael

Who has won the last few minor / U21 football championships?  I see Dunloy won minor this year, has there been a dominant team at underage in recent years?  Whilst not a guarantee of senior success it may give some clues as to future winners.

imtommygunn

St johns have won quite a lot before this year have they not?

Rossa and st endas too. Dunloy probably first country team in a while to win minor?

Cargin seemed to have dropped down to b in a lot of underage but have picked up again recently. E.g. Under 16 this year. St brigids maybe will get stronger too but i think rugby could lose them a few very good players.

Pocs pints and the gaa

Quote from: JimStynes on November 02, 2016, 05:38:15 PM
Cracking first post.

Must be from Aghagallon stirring the pot from over the county boundary

bannside

Four or five teams NAG have won at under twenty one level, with Lamh Dhearg and St Johns probably the most consistent. No one has completely dominated it so if that is a predictor a few teams will like what they have coming through. It's keeping them at it is the challenge.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north aontroim gael on November 02, 2016, 09:42:46 PM
Who has won the last few minor / U21 football championships?  I see Dunloy won minor this year, has there been a dominant team at underage in recent years?  Whilst not a guarantee of senior success it may give some clues as to future winners.

When was the last time Cargin won minor? Or St Galls?? No indication at all to be fair.. its all about stringing together a bunch of committed players with a great spirit and a decent coach and manager plus committed helpers
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

So pick a st galls team that won a championship over the last ten years or so and there will be a lot of county underage medals between them. Cargin probably too though maybe less so.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 02, 2016, 10:13:33 PM
So pick a st galls team that won a championship over the last ten years or so and there will be a lot of county underage medals between them. Cargin probably too though maybe less so.

Lads we're bringing up recent championship... we have won minor for a long time
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

clearly its us that will be the next force, i mean we won the minors and we beat Cargan last night in the U21B championship.

we may get used to being here now! :D lol

In all seriousness Creggan have a decent set up there and a really strong minor team coming through. They were the strongest team we faced this year at minor and had some cracking young players in their ranks that day. But its hard to see past Cargan for the next few years at least, they are the best team in the county and its well deserved.
hurl like f**k boi!

Galer

Look im not saying they wont challenge but i would look to someone who has won a chamionship b4 at any level and yes they might nip one but i think lamh dhearg is closer and as 4 half-armagh-gallon they have no chance bottom tier of div1 or top of div2 for a long time

The Gs Man

Reading that has given me a migraine.
Keep 'er lit

Milltown Row2

bannside

Hoganstand is good.

paddyjohn

Personally I am glad that PG1 are making the strides that they, the same way that Ahoghill, Glenravel, Ballymena all have done in making their facilities better. They are a decent club with decent members.

Stillwater2

Talking of clubs improving there facilities, I see on Social media that Sarsfields have got the green light for new changing rooms. Long overdue.

Fair play to them, that the new 4G pitch last year that my own club trained on last year and then this. Big steps forward.

With the terracing and seating, they wont be far off hosting games in 2017. Parking may be an issue though

Hectic

Quote from: Stillwater2 on November 03, 2016, 02:29:04 PM
Talking of clubs improving there facilities, I see on Social media that Sarsfields have got the green light for new changing rooms. Long overdue.

Fair play to them, that the new 4G pitch last year that my own club trained on last year and then this. Big steps forward.

With the terracing and seating, they wont be far off hosting games in 2017. Parking may be an issue though

Whats the pitch like at Sarsfields these days?  I remember a lot of years ago it was like a bog if there had been rain - assume that has been addressed at this stage?