Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffman

Down voted for it.

Regardless of delegates being hurlers or footballers the county voted. Should these views not represent down hurling that's something for down hurling to take up.

barnish oggie

Quote from: Pjoe on April 14, 2022, 09:44:19 AM
Quote from: barnish oggie on April 14, 2022, 09:34:34 AM
Quote from: Saffrongael on April 13, 2022, 10:52:08 PM
Some bad mismatches in those U-15 Div 1 games

Really there are three levels of teams there but it would mean 5 teams in div 1, 10 in div 2 and 5 and in div 3 if you were going to avoid these scores, as the same happens in div 2.

What clubs are involved in Ard Na RĂ­ at u-15?

There are quite a few of these amalgamated teams in both codes and to be honest I get lost at times as to who they are!

There is a Clan na Gael in the U15 football league who i think must be Lisburn and another but not sure.

Tyrdub

Quote from: johnnycool on April 14, 2022, 01:54:53 PM
Quote from: Tyrdub on April 14, 2022, 12:40:10 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on April 14, 2022, 12:18:12 PM
Heard Antrim are wanting the Down game moved to Newry as they don't want to play in Ballycran.

Surprised at that if there's any truth in it considering the messing around with the UFC game being moved out of Corrigan...

Possibly to do with who voted against Antrim, and Corrigan, originally??

That'll do nicely  :D
Two delegates from Down who wouldn't know one end of a hurl from the other, is that the answer you're after?

NAG1

I think you will find it was originally supposed to be Newry and Down took the call to move it to Ballycran.

There is no way on god's green earth that Ballycran is a county standard pitch. Shouldn't even come into the conversation.

keep her low this half

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 14, 2022, 09:30:39 AM
Yeah I think this will be a tough one. How 4? Once already, this game then potentially a final. What else?
Twice already, Offaly beat us down there in the Walsh cup. Teams meeting 4 times a year is how niggles and aggro start to appear. Plus Michael Fennelly is no fool and will be learning things from each game.

johnnycool

Quote from: NAG1 on April 15, 2022, 09:35:06 AM
I think you will find it was originally supposed to be Newry and Down took the call to move it to Ballycran.

There is no way on god's green earth that Ballycran is a county standard pitch. Shouldn't even come into the conversation.

Evidently is as Down played all their home NHL games there, meets the minimum requirements size ways and probably as wide as Corrigan, but TBH it really shouldn't matter where Antrim play Down due to the disparity in ability of both teams.

NAG1

Quote from: johnnycool on April 15, 2022, 09:54:11 AM

Evidently is as Down played all their home NHL games there, meets the minimum requirements size ways and probably as wide as Corrigan, but TBH it really shouldn't matter where Antrim play Down due to the disparity in ability of both teams.

Yeah I agree it obviously meetings the criteria in terms of size etc, but it is not a county standard pitch IMO.

And yeah despite Down's resurgence Antrim should still be ahead.

johnnycool

Quote from: NAG1 on April 15, 2022, 10:13:18 AM

Yeah I agree it obviously meetings the criteria in terms of size etc, but it is not a county standard pitch IMO.

I can see why you would say that, it's a small pitch and IMO isn't conducive to an open game, scores are hard to come by and all that, maybe that's why Sheehan and the team seem to like it, but ultimately its a decision for Down CB, but I wouldn't surprise me if they capitulated.

At least the hurlers aren't out on the sauce every weekend as the footballers evidently are.  ;)

NAG1

Quote from: johnnycool on April 15, 2022, 11:09:02 AM

I can see why you would say that, it's a small pitch and IMO isn't conducive to an open game, scores are hard to come by and all that, maybe that's why Sheehan and the team seem to like it, but ultimately its a decision for Down CB, but I wouldn't surprise me if they capitulated.

At least the hurlers aren't out on the sauce every weekend as the footballers evidently are.  ;)

JC totally agree and if I was Ronan I would be doing exactly the same. Could never understand why Antrim were always so accomodating to the southern teams travelling up. I would have been making it as awkward as possible, take every advantage going.

We are all great lads until we start competing with them and heaven forbid beating them, then we know what way we are thought of really.

marty34

Quote from: NAG1 on April 15, 2022, 11:35:34 AM

JC totally agree and if I was Ronan I would be doing exactly the same. Could never understand why Antrim were always so accomodating to the southern teams travelling up. I would have been making it as awkward as possible, take every advantage going.

We are all great lads until we start competing with them and heaven forbid beating them, then we know what way we are thought of really.

Yeah, IAntrim had a lot of games in Ballycastle - as far away as possible for southern teams.

Maybe this was just when Corrigan was getting re-developed.

NAG1

Looking back over the years, the games with the best atmospheres were the game played around the clubs in NA, Cushdendall Loughgiel and Dunloy from my memory.

Obviously other reasons at play now for the placing of games.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on April 15, 2022, 12:18:18 PM
Looking back over the years, the games with the best atmospheres were the game played around the clubs in NA, Cushdendall Loughgiel and Dunloy from my memory.

Obviously other reasons at play now for the placing of games.

Slightly tinted but sure, I can remember games when we were hammered out the gate regardless of the pitches we played on, think my earliest memory of a league game was Wexford up in Dunloy..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: NAG1 on April 15, 2022, 11:35:34 AM

You could level that accusation at a certain CB chairman to be fair  ;)

Saffrongael

James McNaughton a sub tomorrow  :o injured ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

paddyjohn

Quote from: Saffrongael on April 15, 2022, 09:25:43 PM
James McNaughton a sub tomorrow  :o injured ?

Surprised at that. I'd say he'll start