DJ Carey on RTE Panel

Started by Bud Wiser, May 06, 2007, 08:09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

I sees that Ger Physicality has been replaced by DJ Carey on the Sunday Game.

Very flash press release from RTE about live streaming video ' throughout the Island of Ireland' .

A gaa supporters forum which I gues will be dominated by the red head from Dunsaney and lots of additions to the old format is all listed on their teletext.

David McKeown

This streaming throughout the island of Ireland is very little use for me and I live in Armagh because my IP appears to be in sheffield I think many of us might encounter that problem this year.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

The Claw

Not sure about DJ on the panel. Id say he would be afraid to give his true opinion on matters and be too diplomatic.  Its alright when Ger Loughnane says 'he's a limited hurler', you can jsut say, well thats Loughnane, but when DJ says it, its different.

Kevin

I think he will be diplomatic to a point, but he is insightful and will hopefully let his opinions fly.

I think people will be very interested in his perspective.

Bud Wiser

DJ is what was called an all time great, up there with the Rackards, Rings and anyone else. I look forward to hearing his views, especially the ones he is likely to make about my own county where a decision is taken to plough every copper into football and leave hurling to become almost similar to the likes of Carey, - extinct.

turk

I doubt if DJ will outline any of his views on that topic Bud

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Bud Wiser on May 07, 2007, 10:56:43 PM
..... my own county where a decision is taken to plough every copper into football and leave hurling to become almost similar to the likes of Carey, - extinct.
Wrong, wrong, wrong Bud. The major problem with Laois hurling is not lack of funds. Absolutely not.
Now I would need a lot of time to try to offer reasons why things are as they are. Debate for another day maybe?
Great win for Ballinakill there at the weekend, was a slight shock too as Clough Ballacolla were fancied by most.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore