Bravest footballer

Started by Jinxy, April 30, 2007, 02:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Quote from: oneillcup2007 on May 01, 2007, 10:29:02 AM
I admire anyone who plays gaelic sports with glasses, particularly hurling and camogie.

WTF has that got to do with anything? :D

Uladh

Nothing to do with his fight back from injury... John Toal is as brave as a lion on the football field.

Bensars

Quote from: Uladh on May 01, 2007, 11:07:29 AM

Nothing to do with his fight back from injury... John Toal is as brave as a lion on the football field.

Fairly handy with the water bottle as well ;)

oneillcup2007

Could you imagine fearlessly throwing yourself  into the middle of a ruck of 3 other midfielders to claim a loopy kickout,  putting your thumbs around the leather taking er into the chest storming through a brick wall of mdifield muscle only to realise you have dropped your nose grip, its quite uncomfortable and you have to go back in there again.  

Brick Tamlin

somehow i dont think John Toal could be really mentioned in this thread with the likes of Tony Scullion, Wee James Mc Cartan, Greg Blayney, Tomas Mannion, Anthony Lynch, Bernard Morris etc, but if ye reckon.

full back

Quote from: oneillcup2007 on May 01, 2007, 11:18:21 AM
Could you imagine fearlessly throwing yourself  into the middle of a ruck of 3 other midfielders to claim a loopy kickout,  putting your thumbs around the leather taking er into the chest storming through a brick wall of mdifield muscle only to realise you have dropped your nose grip, its quite uncomfortable and you have to go back in there again.  

WTF
Is that the start of a novel or something?

Uladh

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on May 01, 2007, 11:21:10 AM
somehow i dont think John Toal could be really mentioned in this thread with the likes of Tony Scullion, Wee James Mc Cartan, Greg Blayney, Tomas Mannion, Anthony Lynch, Bernard Morris etc, but if ye reckon.

Why?

Bensars

Quote from: Uladh on May 01, 2007, 11:27:15 AM

Why?

Brick, i agree with your statement, but let me explain where the problem lies.

Did you not know that football only started in 2002 when armagh won the all ireland. ; )

sureyouwill

Quote from: Bensars on May 01, 2007, 11:32:51 AM
Quote from: Uladh on May 01, 2007, 11:27:15 AM

Why?

Brick, i agree with your statement, but let me explain where the problem lies.

Did you not know that football only started in 2002 when armagh won the all ireland. ; )

Tool!

Brick Tamlin

just my opionion, but id wager that most contributers (excluding Armagh folk) on here would not have had John Toal down as a brave, hardy soul that stands out as having guts in bucket loads and balls of steel. Sorry, i just cant see it im afraid.

full back

Wouldnt class Anthony Lynch with the rest of them boys. More dirty & sly than brave

Uladh

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on May 01, 2007, 11:38:12 AM
just my opionion, but id wager that most contributers (excluding Armagh folk) on here would not have had John Toal down as a brave, hardy soul that stands out as having guts in bucket loads and balls of steel. Sorry, i just cant see it im afraid.

There you go then... knowledge inadequecies on your part is the problem. Toal is the bravest, hardiest fcuker i'e ever seen in an armagh jersey. if e're talking about dirty ropey ball bouncing around amongst the boots then toal will come up with it.

Brick Tamlin

Na!
sorry still wouldnt have him in there.
i dunno who it was that previously mentioned it but physicality and stature aswell as position played on the park are for me the deciding factors. The fact that John Toal is an intercounty midfielder (allegedly) and he is 6ft2 + and built for midfield play then you would be expecting him to be in the thick of the breakdown throwing his weight about and getting stuck in, so he isnt really doin anything above and beyond what is expected of him in my opinion.

Id maybe add Brian Roper to that list, quite a fiesty gutsy brave performer in my book, might not be everyones cup of tea.
Anthony Lynch i think is a player who completetly empties the tank every time he takes to the pitch, aggressive and gutsy, isnt afraid to get wired in.

Brick Tamlin

There you go then... knowledge inadequecies on your part is the problem. Toal is the bravest, hardiest fcuker i'e ever seen in an armagh jersey. if e're talking about dirty ropey ball bouncing around amongst the boots then toal will come up with it.

Im confused, enlighten me as to where my lack of knowledge is. Your basically basing that on your opinion of Toal, im wrong because in your opinion "Toal is the bravest, hardiest fcuker i'e ever seen in an armagh jersey. if e're talking about dirty ropey ball bouncing around amongst the boots then toal will come up with it"

Uladh

Because my friend, amongst armagh folk, this thread would be called the john toal thread. he is reknowned for these qualities.

By the way... keep changing the parameters of the definition to suit yourself.

You obviously don't know much about john toal's game. in that scenario it is best to say "i don't know" and leave it at that. this is a lesson i'm currently teaching my 3 year old nephew...