The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

It's heartening to see the Utd fans obsession with Benitez shows no signs of abating.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gabriel_Hurl

Lecale2

Interesting piece on th BBC website by Robert Peston the business editor. It looks like we are approaching the end game in the ownership saga. He appears to be convinced that RBS will take control of the club on 15 October plunging the parent company into liquidation. A quick sale at a knock down price.

naka

Quote from: Minder on September 24, 2010, 03:10:09 PM
It's heartening to see the Utd fans obsession with Benitez shows no signs of abating.
sure old whiskey nose had to slag him off last week as well

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Lecale2 on September 24, 2010, 03:25:53 PM
Interesting piece on th BBC website by Robert Peston the business editor. It looks like we are approaching the end game in the ownership saga. He appears to be convinced that RBS will take control of the club on 15 October plunging the parent company into liquidation. A quick sale at a knock down price.

Hopefully it is a knock down price as there is a lot of money needed to get a new stadium built. Let alone before anything is spent on the team itself. The less a potential buyer has to spend on buying the club the more they hopefully have left over to address the other needs. Can't help thinking that Hicks has at least one more card to play before then though.

ross4life

Do you guys forget the Kuyt to inter Saga? to quote Rafa "i am the Coach not the manager" so if he had a similar role with pool they might not be where they are now?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

muppet

It's heartening to see the Utd fans obsession with Benitez shows no signs of a-baiting.

Fixed
MWWSI 2017

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: ross4life on September 24, 2010, 03:36:43 PM
Do you guys forget the Kuyt to inter Saga? to quote Rafa "i am the Coach not the manager" so if he had a similar role with pool they might not be where they are now?

what saga is this?

EC Unique

I miss him, he was always good for a laugh where as with Roy... well you just have to feel sorry for him. :D

ross4life

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 24, 2010, 04:00:00 PM

what saga is this?

He was to Join inter & pool blamed rafa for trying to get him... Rafa told the media he had nothing to do with transfers
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: ross4life on September 24, 2010, 04:11:55 PM

what saga is this?

He was to Join inter & pool blamed rafa for trying to get him... Rafa told the media he had nothing to do with transfers

Oh - in that case, I didn't - carry on

ross4life

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 24, 2010, 04:13:15 PM
Quote from: ross4life on September 24, 2010, 04:11:55 PM

what saga is this?

Oh - in that case, I didn't - carry on

Kuyt then found out the wages weren't much better & claimed "I want to stay and win things at Liverpool" THE END

J OGorman

Quote from: EC Unique on September 24, 2010, 04:02:35 PM

I miss him, he was always good for a laugh where as with Roy... well you just have to feel sorry for him. :D

an internet troll feeling sorry for the manager of a premiership soccer team, I'm sure Roy will be devastated when he finds out

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 24, 2010, 03:30:47 PM
Quote from: Lecale2 on September 24, 2010, 03:25:53 PM

Hopefully it is a knock down price as there is a lot of money needed to get a new stadium built. Let alone before anything is spent on the team itself. The less a potential buyer has to spend on buying the club the more they hopefully have left over to address the other needs. Can't help thinking that Hicks has at least one more card to play before then though.

If RBS do take over it will be a knockdown price. Their only concern is having the debt repaid.
Yes I can't help feeling that Hicks isn't finished yet.

Bacon

If the parent company goes bust do the club lose points?

I think a similar thing might have happened Southampton.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009