Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiMucker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 17, 2021, 07:59:50 PM
Looking at getting this one from Garmin

Garmin Fenix 6 Sapphire, my mates son has one, swears by it
Its class. Would definitely recommend it. It does everything.

lurganblue

Quote from: johnnycool on June 28, 2021, 09:32:21 AM
Not being an expert on running, but with a passing interest, the wee girl from South Belfast Eimer McKee is putting up some times for 5K's and her only 12.

https://www.the42.ie/emer-mckee-5km-world-record-12-5421785-Apr2021/

She's in the same school year as my wee girl who commented the other day, that I didn't have to do school sports day with her.  ;D

Hope she keeps that up.

saw this on twitter. unbelievable time.

imtommygunn

Dublin marathon cancelled.

laoislad

Load of balls that is... >:(
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

imtommygunn

restrictions are still too tight - always going to happen.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 07, 2021, 11:30:42 AM

London Marathon still going ahead in October
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Belfast same day.

laoislad

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 07, 2021, 12:04:43 PM
Belfast same day.
I know Belfast wouldn't get the same numbers as Dublin but it is ridiculous that can go ahead and an hour down the road a Marathon can't.
Not blaming the Dublin Marathon organisers at all btw, I can understand why they had to pull it, but it is a bit annoying.

imtommygunn

Yeah agreed. I don't think they have a choice with the way the government are handling the restrictions. Even if things are really good no guarantee that would mean restrictions would have been relaxed the way things are.

Still - you could always do belfast ;D

laoislad

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 07, 2021, 12:51:41 PM
Yeah agreed. I don't think they have a choice with the way the government are handling the restrictions. Even if things are really good no guarantee that would mean restrictions would have been relaxed the way things are.

Still - you could always do belfast ;D
My Passport is out of date 😜

imtommygunn

It's ok we got that border moved into the sea just for you ;D

SHEEDY

Disappointing but not surprised. Have an entry for Belfast as well so maybe it worked out for the best that one of them was postponed
nil satis nisi optimum

Captain Obvious

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 07, 2021, 11:30:42 AM
End of  October when the majority of the population will be vaccinated and its outdoor event.

imtommygunn

Yeah I get that too but just with the way restrictions are going and the fact that the CMO said that the country was in wave 4 I just would not be convinced that vaccines or not things would be relaxed.

imtommygunn

Some great results in the euro u20 athletics. Four gold medals and top of the medal table with one day to go.