Mayo v Dublin - AISF - Saturday 5pm

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 04, 2019, 10:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crete Boom

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 12, 2019, 02:42:14 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 12, 2019, 02:01:57 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on August 12, 2019, 01:36:38 PM
Hard luck Mayo, 10 minutes Blitz was all that was required in the end. Dublin only scored 1-02, the same as Mayo, outside this period in the 2nd half. Unfair on Mayo to come into this match with a 1 week break.

No real sympathy for Mayo overall, always nice keeping them down.

Is Horan's 70k a year worth it?
Especiaslly when Jim Gavin is only volunteers his timet to the cause. 

As fo O'Connor, if that was Connolly, imagine, just imagine the social and mainstream outrage, i will say no more but he should be off the panel, too much baggage, cant be trusted.
Where did you hear this? First I have heard about it. Can't disagree with you about O'Connor. Unfortunately,he has earned himself a hard man's reputation and I honestly think he does believe in getting his retaliation in first a lot of the time. Contrast that with Aidan O'Shea. He gets more abuse, verbal and physical than any other I can think of but he can be compared with O'Connor in this regard.
It's a pity but that's the way I see it; he has earned a bad reputation and isn't likely to get the benefit of the doubt from most referees.

I have no proof but believe my source, i wouldnt say hes doing it for nothing. I dont want to witch hunt any player and i will leave it at that Re: O Connor, i wont be opening a thread on a single player and let it run for 110 pages because he put a finger on a linesman.

Yeah but just a former player and manager right though? You're full of shit and just because that Connolly thread was bullshit or the crap about Dublin players not having jobs or conspiracy theories that Dublin players are juiced up doesn't excuse that you are full of shite and will spew and or believe any old bollix you hear about the hill 16 hate figures like O'Shea, Keegan, Horan, Andy Moran etc...
The great Randy Newman had a song called small people and you should have a listen to it you might find it interesting!!

TheGreatest

Quote from: Crete Boom on August 12, 2019, 02:59:27 PM
Hard luck Mayo, 10 minutes Blitz was all that was required in the end. Dublin only scored 1-02, the same as Mayo, outside this period in the 2nd half. Unfair on Mayo to come into this match with a 1 week break.

As fo O'Connor, if that was Connolly, imagine, just imagine the social and mainstream outrage, i will say no more but he should be off the panel, too much baggage, cant be trusted.
Where did you hear this? First I have heard about it. Can't disagree with you about O'Connor. Unfortunately,he has earned himself a hard man's reputation and I honestly think he does believe in getting his retaliation in first a lot of the time. Contrast that with Aidan O'Shea. He gets more abuse, verbal and physical than any other I can think of but he can be compared with O'Connor in this regard.
It's a pity but that's the way I see it; he has earned a bad reputation and isn't likely to get the benefit of the doubt from most referees.

I have no proof but believe my source, i wouldnt say hes doing it for nothing. I dont want to witch hunt any player and i will leave it at that Re: O Connor, i wont be opening a thread on a single player and let it run for 110 pages because he put a finger on a linesman.

Yeah but just a former player and manager right though? Your full of shit and just because that Connolly thread was bullshit or the crap about Dublin players not having jobs or conspiracy theories that Dublin players are juiced up doesn't excuse that you are full of shite and will spew and or believe any old bollix you hear about the hill 16 hate figures like O'Shea, Keegan, Horan, Andy Moran etc...
The great Randy Newman had a song called small people and you should have a listen to it you might find it interesting!!

Sorry, you will find me in the Hogan stand these days. I dont hate anyone,  i understand a lot of these guys have lives to get on with the next day, i am not like others on this forum with personal and libel attackes on players.

I do believe it should be open to the Public what managers are getting paid. It would cut out  a lot of these " rumours".

Crete Boom

Well done to the Dubs. That first 10 mins of the second half was just awesome and is the best I have seen from the Dubs ever and maybe any football team I have seen in the flesh!!

Gavin got it perfect with the way the identified how weak Hennelly's kick outs are and exposed ruthlessly this big weakness with typical Gavin military precision!! Then throw on top natural flare of Paul Mannion who kicked one of the best points I have ever seen in front of me under the Cusack stand. Fenton then topped it off with a superb catch where he soared above three Mayo men to pluck the ball out of the sky!!

Moysider summed it up well that we actually controlled the ball well in the first half like we have never really done before in a big game in Croker but I felt despite this we still seemed a little flat footed despite bringing good intensity to the game.
Unfortunately the Hennelly experiment fell well short again. Nobody would honestly argue he is a better keeper than Clarke or better player so the main argument for starting him is his better restarts! Again as happens more often than not, these better restarts didn't really appear as Robbie nervously kicked balls straight to Dublin players immediately putting Mayo on the back foot even when we were on top in the first half!! If Horan can't come up with a plan for Clarke's kick outs then he needs to look elsewhere for a keeper because you give up to much in terms of leadership, composure and goalkeeping play for the hope that Hennelly might have a rare good day with his limited range of restarts!!

We need to improve a good bit with our delivery into the full forward line as in the first half Cillian and James Carr were showing well for the ball but we couldn't work the opening for direct quick ball into them and hence the lack of goal chances created in the first half. As good a game as Paddy Durcan had in terms of defending and work rate he really needs to get his head up more and not try too hard to take on impossible scores. Also I was very disappointed on how our more experienced players completely lost composure going for impossible goals after the Dublin blitz of 1-2 instead of working easier points to keep the scoreboard ticking over which might have slowed the Dublin onslaught and mentally kept us in the game a bit longer.

Overall though I think Horan has done well introducing the younger players into the team without tearing it all down and while there will be some retirements and some more older players moved on from, Mayo can continue to evolve and improve next year and hopefully be in the mix at the business end of the championship over the next few years.

Crete Boom

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 12, 2019, 03:09:25 PM

Yeah but just a former player and manager right though? Your full of shit and just because that Connolly thread was bullshit or the crap about Dublin players not having jobs or conspiracy theories that Dublin players are juiced up doesn't excuse that you are full of shite and will spew and or believe any old bollix you hear about the hill 16 hate figures like O'Shea, Keegan, Horan, Andy Moran etc...

Sorry, you will find me in the Hogan stand these days. I dont hate anyone,  i understand a lot of these guys have lives to get on with the next day, i am not like others on this forum with personal and libel attackes on players.

I do believe it should be open to the Public what managers are getting paid. It would cut out  a lot of these " rumours".

Again you are talking complete bullshit. You have no problem having a go at any Mayo player on here or anything connected with Mayo football or posting some bullshit statement about your perception of how Mayo get all the decisions from refs or more whataboutery on Mayo's finances or James Horan's supposed payments while posting all this anonymously on a internet forum and constantly sniping at Mayo but then coming out with a mealy mouthed I don't hate any county statement and sure good luck anyway blah blah blah!!
Provide some facts to back up your rumours or at least have the balls to stand by your sneaky comments and insults or just keep them to yourself. You would swear the Dubs had 68 year famine and were not going for a historic five in a row with the miserable threads, bollix bar stool philosopher posts and bullshit lies you spew about Mayo on here for the last couple of years.

TheGreatest

Quote from: Crete Boom on August 12, 2019, 03:42:45 PM

Again you are talking complete bullshit. You have no problem having a go at any Mayo player on here or anything connected with Mayo football or posting some bullshit statement about your perception of how Mayo get all the decisions from refs or more whataboutery on Mayo's finances or James Horan's supposed payments while posting all this anonymously on a internet forum and constantly sniping at Mayo but then coming out with a mealy mouthed I don't hate any county statement and sure good luck anyway blah blah blah!!
Provide some facts to back up your rumours or at least have the balls to stand by your sneaky comments and insults or just keep them to yourself. You would swear the Dubs had 68 year famine and were not going for a historic five in a row with the miserable threads, bollix bar stool philosopher posts and bullshit lies you spew about Mayo on here for the last couple of years.

You must be getting me confused with a few of the Mayo posters on here. Again i wont be drawn into personal attacks, attack the post, not the poster, il leave it at that.

Crete Boom

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 12, 2019, 03:51:09 PM

You must be getting me confused with a few of the Mayo posters on here. Again i wont be drawn into personal attacks, attack the post, not the poster, il leave it at that.

As I said have the balls to stand by the tripe you post and if you can't back it up then don't post it. You don't have to be drawn into personal attacks as you blindly attack certain Mayo players and management both directly and indirectly in the majority of your posts. You engage in whataboutery about Mayo posters and other posters post this and that about Dublin but then post more rumors and lies about Mayo players, managers and Mayo in general in here over and over and over!!
There is a confused poster in this thread but I will give you a clue I am not that poster so try and solve this puzzle!!!

seafoid

Quote from: Crete Boom on August 12, 2019, 03:28:13 PM
Well done to the Dubs. That first 10 mins of the second half was just awesome and is the best I have seen from the Dubs ever and maybe any football team I have seen in the flesh!!

Gavin got it perfect with the way the identified how weak Hennelly's kick outs are and exposed ruthlessly this big weakness with typical Gavin military precision!! Then throw on top natural flare of Paul Mannion who kicked one of the best points I have ever seen in front of me under the Cusack stand. Fenton then topped it off with a superb catch where he soared above three Mayo men to pluck the ball out of the sky!!

Moysider summed it up well that we actually controlled the ball well in the first half like we have never really done before in a big game in Croker but I felt despite this we still seemed a little flat footed despite bringing good intensity to the game.
Unfortunately the Hennelly experiment fell well short again. Nobody would honestly argue he is a better keeper than Clarke or better player so the main argument for starting him is his better restarts! Again as happens more often than not, these better restarts didn't really appear as Robbie nervously kicked balls straight to Dublin players immediately putting Mayo on the back foot even when we were on top in the first half!! If Horan can't come up with a plan for Clarke's kick outs then he needs to look elsewhere for a keeper because you give up to much in terms of leadership, composure and goalkeeping play for the hope that Hennelly might have a rare good day with his limited range of restarts!!

We need to improve a good bit with our delivery into the full forward line as in the first half Cillian and James Carr were showing well for the ball but we couldn't work the opening for direct quick ball into them and hence the lack of goal chances created in the first half. As good a game as Paddy Durcan had in terms of defending and work rate he really needs to get his head up more and not try too hard to take on impossible scores. Also I was very disappointed on how our more experienced players completely lost composure going for impossible goals after the Dublin blitz of 1-2 instead of working easier points to keep the scoreboard ticking over which might have slowed the Dublin onslaught and mentally kept us in the game a bit longer.

Overall though I think Horan has done well introducing the younger players into the team without tearing it all down and while there will be some retirements and some more older players moved on from, Mayo can continue to evolve and improve next year and hopefully be in the mix at the business end of the championship over the next few years.
It's a real pity that Mayo ran up against the Dubs and lost 3 all Irelands to them
Galway lost 3 in the 70s and it's never easy. 
I remember 2012 thinking they would do it. Got so close.  Brought so much respect to the county.
Galway hurlers have a very bad finals record as well but managed it in 2017. I hope post GAA reform that Mayo will finally do it.
The feeling is unbeatable.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

mup

Fair play for calling this bullshit for what it is. This same poster is continuously at this crack and when called out on it to provide the proof he cannot show it. He claims other counties pay their managers while Jim Gavin does it for sfa. Cannot provide proof for either. Never mind the constant disparaging, snide and condescending comments emanating from every post of his.

A complete bluffer/bullshitter.

WhoDat

cant believe anyone is saying mayo should drop o'connor. who cares if he is aggressive? there are no shrinking violets on that dublin team or any intercounty football team. mayo have been way too soft in past years, they need characters like o'connor

Crete Boom

Quote from: seafoid on August 12, 2019, 04:18:36 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on August 12, 2019, 03:28:13 PM

It's a real pity that Mayo ran up against the Dubs and lost 3 all Irelands to them
Galway lost 3 in the 70s and it's never easy. 
I remember 2012 thinking they would do it. Got so close.  Brought so much respect to the county.
Galway hurlers have a very bad finals record as well but managed it in 2017. I hope post GAA reform that Mayo will finally do it.
The feeling is unbeatable.

Galway footballer lost three finals in a row in the forties then licked their wounds and returned in the fifties with the duo of Purcell and Stockwell so hopefully we in Mayo can continue to evolve work hard and get better!!

SouthDublinBro

Quote from: WhoDat on August 12, 2019, 04:24:21 PM
cant believe anyone is saying mayo should drop o'connor. who cares if he is aggressive? there are no shrinking violets on that dublin team or any intercounty football team. mayo have been way too soft in past years, they need characters like o'connor

He should be dropped due to his lack of quality as a forward who can't score points from play.

larryin89

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on August 12, 2019, 05:00:23 PM

He should be dropped due to his lack of quality as a forward who can't score points from play.

Jesus Christ man what do you care from your south Dublin suburb about a buckeen from balintubber in co Mayo , Mayo are out too .it beggars belief yer obsession , there is something missing from your own crowd  I swear it's the truth , it's like all the dubs are closet mayo supporters .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

WhoDat

the top scorer ever in championship but sure people will still continue to try and argue with bare facts

tonto1888

There is no way in hell Mayo should drop COC

Armagh18

You didn't see the game the other day then? O'Connor is a very very good forward.