Android Phone

Started by tbrick18, September 12, 2011, 09:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermGael

Quote from: laoislad on November 22, 2012, 10:48:41 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 22, 2012, 10:26:01 PM
The wife got a Samsung Galaxy S3 and it is an absolute flying machine for web access. I thought the access on my phone was reasonable but there is a really noticeable difference.

Do you know if there is any way to get podcasts on Android? I like The Anfield Wrap one.
Carcast. Great wee app for podcasts.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on November 22, 2012, 10:54:22 PM
She never leaves me alone on facebook.
Must be why she that password on.

Trying a podcast download manager here.

BenDover

If like me anyone has the Galaxy S3 mini and has trouble downloading the SkyGo app from the Play store the .apk file can be googled and sideloaded and works a treat. As ye can see from this Sky are constantly blaming other sources for it not installing from the Play store.
http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go-on-Android/Sky-Go-Samsung-Galaxy-S3-Mini/td-p/793168/page/3

laoislad

The new Galaxy S4 is being announced on thursday.
Some serious specs are rumored.Full HD screen,wireless charging,13mp camera,8 core processer etc.
If the leaked pics are anything to go by it won't look that much different than the S3.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BenDover

i have the samsung galaxy s3 mini, does anyone else? Have set XBMC up on it and woudl now like to use MHL to display onto connected tv, but I've seen mixed reviews about the support for MHL to HDMI output. Does anyone know for sure if it does and what type of MHL adapter I need as I see the S3 requires an 11-pin adapter whatever d feck that means.

gallsman

Galaxy S3 has gone kaput on me. Ordered the new Nexus 5 yesterday - it looks like a fantastic phone and in high end smartphone terms, is a "bargain". Hopefully they don't have the supply issue they had with the Nexus 4.

laoislad

Does anyone know if you can tether your Android phone to an ipad.
In other words can you use your phones mobile internet to get the interent on an ipad.

gallsman

Quote from: laoislad on November 01, 2013, 01:16:40 PM
In other words can you use your phones mobile internet to get the interent on an ipad.

Not sure about via cable, but you should certainly be able to set it up as a mobile hotspot - just connect the iPad to the WiFi broadcast from the phone.

laoislad

Quote from: gallsman on November 01, 2013, 01:26:54 PM

Not sure about via cable, but you should certainly be able to set it up as a mobile hotspot - just connect the iPad to the WiFi broadcast from the phone.
Yeah I meant as a hotspot. I know you can do it from android phone to android tablet but wasn't so sure about Android to Apple.

gallsman

Quote from: laoislad on November 01, 2013, 01:42:57 PM

Yeah I meant as a hotspot. I know you can do it from android phone to android tablet but wasn't so sure about Android to Apple.

Shouldn't be a problem at all - iPad sees it as any other WiFi signal.

laoislad

Quote from: gallsman on November 01, 2013, 01:53:23 PM

Cheers. Was thinking of buying the new ipad but wasn't sure if I could use my S4 to tether to it.

gallsman

Quote from: laoislad on November 01, 2013, 02:03:21 PM
Quote from: gallsman on November 01, 2013, 01:53:23 PM

Cheers. Was thinking of buying the new ipad but wasn't sure if I could use my S4 to tether to it.

Wait a few weeks - Google meant to be announcing a new Nexus 10 if you want to keep everything on Android.

Nexus devices have always been cheaper that the highest end Androids (HTC One, Samsung GS4 at the minute) as they've always lacked something, e.g. bigger storage or LTE capability. Not so with the Nexus 7 or the Nexus 5 - they're right up there with everything else. Might be the same for the Nexus 10 if they really want to take on the iPad.

BenDover

any of ye's have any experience of buying a mobile from dx.com?

Syferus

Thanks to imbibing a tad too much at a Halloween party last week I lost my beloved iPhone 4. Reduced (temporarily) to using an Android.

At least I rooted the Samsung bloatware out of the machine by flashing Cyanogenmod onto it, making the indignity of it all as painless as possible.

I'll be with you again soon, my precious iOS.

theticklemister

Quote from: Syferus on November 01, 2013, 11:02:37 PM
Thanks to imbibing a tad too much at a Halloween party last week I lost my beloved iPhone 4. Reduced (temporarily) to using an Android.

At least I rooted the Samsung bloatware out of the machine by flashing Cyanogenmod onto it, making the indignity of it all as painless as possible.

I'll be with you again soon, my precious iOS.

Yes I concur..........................