Connacht Club Championships 2018

Started by Owenmoresider, September 24, 2018, 12:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Ian Burke goal, not long on the field! ball fell nicely for him. Ballintubber 1-6 Corofin 2-5. 40 mins played.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

manfromdelmonte

DOC hitting an opponent on back of the head there
Lovely behaviour

Blowitupref

15 mins to play  Ballintubber 1-7 Corofin 2-7. Wide count is Ballintubber 6 Corofin 0.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rudi

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on November 25, 2018, 02:55:00 PM
DOC hitting an opponent on back of the head there
Lovely behaviour

Nice fella all right. Corofin awful whingers Fitzgerald in particular. 

Blowitupref

52 mins played. Corofin pushing for home while Ballintubber are looking heavy legged now. Ballintubber 1-7 Corofin 2-10.

Blowitupref

FT Ballintubber 1-9 Corofin 2-10. Connacht champions for the 3rd year in a row and very much the team to beat in the All Ireland series.

GalwayBayBoy

Kevin Walsh probably the unhappiest of all after that. I'm sure at half time he thought he might have the Corofin lads available for the league.

Gael85

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 25, 2018, 03:19:34 PM
Kevin Walsh probably the unhappiest of all after that. I'm sure at half time he thought he might have the Corofin lads available for the league.

He needs to get Liam Silke and Kieran Molloy into that Galway half back line. Molloy had a great game today.

An Fhairche Abu

Molloy should have got MOTM in that match, he was everywhere.

Manning18

Interesting for a dead pitch November game. Tubber were reasonably effective in what they were trying to do, they just couldn't win enough ball. Absolutely cleaned out at midfield.

Kieran Molloy isnt perfect by any means but it's hard to argue with his effectiveness. By far and away the man of the match imo. Gary Sice's streetsmarts are really evident at this level. Hard see Corofin beaten now, hard fast pitch of Croker in a potential final suits them down to the ground if they can get over the Ulster winners

Cunny Funt

Cream rose to the top for that second half as Corofin won it 1-8 to 0-3.  Going into today's game Corofin conceded on average 0-8 points per game and the biggest score they have conceded all year was that 1-9 today. Another example of a champion team that are built on a good defence that consistently concede low scores.

JoG2

Quote from: Manning18 on November 25, 2018, 03:23:19 PM
Interesting for a dead pitch November game. Tubber were reasonably effective in what they were trying to do, they just couldn't win enough ball. Absolutely cleaned out at midfield.

Kieran Molloy isnt perfect by any means but it's hard to argue with his effectiveness. By far and away the man of the match imo. Gary Sice's streetsmarts are really evident at this level. Hard see Corofin beaten now, hard fast pitch of Croker in a potential final suits them down to the ground if they can get over the Ulster winners

Kilmacud v Corofin could be a serious match if both reach the final. Crokes have some serious speed merchants too

larryin89

Hard luck ballintubber , fought hard , good first half but the best team kicked on in the second half. I thought Molloy was magnificent for corofin , something amiss, for him not to be involved with county team .  Still don't think diarmuid realises his own ability to run at teams , he will be some player when he does .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

From the Bunker

Quote from: larryin89 on November 25, 2018, 05:14:14 PM
Hard luck ballintubber , fought hard , good first half but the best team kicked on in the second half. I thought Molloy was magnificent for corofin , something amiss, for him not to be involved with county team .  Still don't think diarmuid realises his own ability to run at teams , he will be some player when he does .

What is amiss is that he was involved with the under 20's, Corofin and NUIG Sigerson last Spring and Walsh had a chance to have a look at him with Galway Seniors . When he was available Galway were into the Business end of the Year.

I'd see it as good, he was not in the Senior Panel. The lad had enough on his plate.

Gael85

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 25, 2018, 05:56:06 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on November 25, 2018, 05:14:14 PM

What is amiss is that he was involved with the under 20's, Corofin and NUIG Sigerson last Spring and Walsh had a chance to have a look at him with Galway Seniors . When he was available Galway were into the Business end of the Year.

I'd see it as good, he was not in the Senior Panel. The lad had enough on his plate.

Think Molloy was overage for the u20s this year but Corofin club campaign means their players get little opportunity to play in the league.