Things people do on TV / in films that never happen in real life

Started by Eamonnca1, February 07, 2019, 12:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: markl121 on February 11, 2019, 09:42:42 PM
Drink driving in films, especially American films where they go to a bar get hammered and drive home.

Noticed this a lot recently. And more jarringly (or maybe not) in cop shows.
Started watching Line of Duty (late to the uptake on that one) and they're full time having a few jars and hopping into the car afterwards
Hasta la victoria siempre

Hound

Quote from: omaghjoe on February 11, 2019, 11:07:29 PM
Drink driving in films, especially American films where they go to a bar get hammered and drive home.
Happens alot in USA, not the same level of social stigma attached to it as there is in Ireland
Friend of mine lives in New Jersey and says it's absolutely rampant. He can't believe how accepted/unquestioned it is. Says you're unlikely to be caught, unless you're in an accident, in which case they'll come down very hard on you.

markl121

Quote from: Hound on February 12, 2019, 07:48:39 AM
Happens alot in USA, not the same level of social stigma attached to it as there is in Ireland
Friend of mine lives in New Jersey and says it's absolutely rampant. He can't believe how accepted/unquestioned it is. Says you're unlikely to be caught, unless you're in an accident, in which case they'll come down very hard on you.
Another thing I never got was why they do the walk in a straight line test, or say the alphabet backwards etc. Could they not just breathalise you like they do here?

TheOptimist

Quote from: markl121 on February 12, 2019, 08:54:09 AM
Another thing I never got was why they do the walk in a straight line test, or say the alphabet backwards etc. Could they not just breathalise you like they do here?

I know, I can't do this sober Mark. I can't do it sober so I can't

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: TheOptimist on February 12, 2019, 10:34:55 AM
Quote from: markl121 on February 12, 2019, 08:54:09 AM

I know, I can't do this sober Mark. I can't do it sober so I can't

;D

BennyCake

A dead body found always has photographic ID in their coat pocket.

I mean, who carries their driving license around with them?

BarryBreensBandage

Family members or a couple have a heavy argument with really low digs, and somehow it makes their relationship stronger.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: BennyCake on February 12, 2019, 10:06:56 PM

Really?!

BennyCake

Eamonnca1

Um, me and just about everybody I know.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 12, 2019, 11:32:58 PM

Um, me and just about everybody I know.

same

Ball Hopper

omaghjoe

I always did this in Ireland and now do in USA also.

You sort of need to in America tho along with you medical card as if your in an accident the ambulance with dump you off at the side of the road if they think you have no insurance.

Sure does any1 in the free-state even have a licence? I know I wouldn't bother me hole if I could drive around without passing a test.

AZOffaly

Quote from: BennyCake on February 12, 2019, 11:51:24 PM
Really? Youse boys are weird  ;D

I never did when it was the little booklet, but since my license was renewed it comes on the little credit card sized laminated card, and that's in my wallet all the time. In Arizona the license was like that too, so I carried it there as well.