Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

Rewriting history there lads. Sean Cavanagh played for Tyrone u21s in 2002 when they were beaten in the all Ireland by Dublin. Plus he was a corner forward under McKenna and McCrory in 2002 so who converted him to a midfielder and then full forward? Or did Sean just take it upon himself to take those jerseys? As I say you boys love rewriting history to suit your agendas.

longballin

Quote from: square_ball on May 18, 2018, 03:46:09 PM
Rewriting history there lads. Sean Cavanagh played for Tyrone u21s in 2002 when they were beaten in the all Ireland by Dublin. Plus he was a corner forward under McKenna and McCrory in 2002 so who converted him to a midfielder and then full forward? Or did Sean just take it upon himself to take those jerseys? As I say you boys love rewriting history to suit your agendas.

Hardly took a genius to move him out to midfield. Sean carried Tyrone over the line in 2008 All Ireland final and Harte then totally scapegoated him in his book after 2009 defeat. No gratitude or humility from Harte

BennyHarp

Quote from: southtyronegael on May 18, 2018, 01:40:10 PM
Eugene and art were the ones to spot seans talents and gave him his chance in 02. Sean Cavanagh made Harte!

I love Big Art but saying him and Eugene "spotted" Sean's talents is as laughable a comment as I've ever seen on here.
That was never a square ball!!

square_ball

Quote from: longballin on May 18, 2018, 03:52:11 PM

Hardly took a genius to move him out to midfield. Sean carried Tyrone over the line in 2008 All Ireland final and Harte then totally scapegoated him in his book after 2009 defeat. No gratitude or humility from Harte

Again I'll ask - did Sean move himself into full forward that year?

This management lark sounds pretty easy. You lads should put yourselves out in the club scene instead of educating us all on here. Then again most of you reckon Mattie McGleenan is a top manager so on 2nd thoughts maybe don't!

Redhand Santa

Quote from: tiempo on May 18, 2018, 02:40:02 PM
Eugene and art were the ones to spot seans talents and gave him his chance in 02. Sean Cavanagh made Harte!

2002... the year Sean scored the equalising last minute goal in Ulster Championship v Armagh for the Seniors but couldnt make Mickey's U21 squad. Also the year Mickey won the All-Ireland U21. Unwillingness to introduce Sean to the squad another sign of his stubbornness. Though the whole Glencull thing tops the lot. Principled man in his own words. Happy enough to set his principles aside to get McCarron back in the fold but gave scores of players the silent treatment during his tenure treating them like meat suits and training ground fodder.

Sean was still a minor in 2001 and turned down the chance to play u21 as far as I'm aware. But sure harte did a terrible job winning the all Ireland with the u21s in 2001.

There's a lot to be said for resolving things face to face instead of through the media. Shocking way things are becoming.

skeog

Is Sean got a book about to arrive for Xmas,he is setting the tone for a good wee earner.

longballin

Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 18, 2018, 04:16:45 PM
Quote from: tiempo on May 18, 2018, 02:40:02 PM

2002... the year Sean scored the equalising last minute goal in Ulster Championship v Armagh for the Seniors but couldnt make Mickey's U21 squad. Also the year Mickey won the All-Ireland U21. Unwillingness to introduce Sean to the squad another sign of his stubbornness. Though the whole Glencull thing tops the lot. Principled man in his own words. Happy enough to set his principles aside to get McCarron back in the fold but gave scores of players the silent treatment during his tenure treating them like meat suits and training ground fodder.

Sean was still a minor in 2001 and turned down the chance to play u21 as far as I'm aware. But sure harte did a terrible job winning the all Ireland with the u21s in 2001.

There's a lot to be said for resolving things face to face instead of through the media. Shocking way things are becoming.

Mickey is reaping what he sowed with Sean in that book. Looks like Sean bided his time

DEL

Few months ago Sean telling us how great the Moy was. Then he fecks off to RTE missing a game. From the little air time I've seen he's been poor. Sadly trying to make a name for himself. RTE will soon have him sat beside Joe and he can mock him and Tyrone for a few hours I'm sure he can't believe his luck he will get the chance. Very disappointing way to go. Sad because as a player and leader he was immense. I'm sure other players have had issues with harte CB set up training etc.. etc.. but they have resisted the mud slinging. Could Joe have been right about one thing....... As a man....... 

The Trap

Wonder how Colm and Mickey are getting on? Bound to be a bit awkward.........surely there is a bit of slagging going on among the players....

longballin

It's called karma. Don't talk out of school or it could come back to bite you. Loyalty has to be a two way street.  And this  a year after Cavanagh dragged Tyrone over the line in the last 20 minutes of All Ireland final.
https://www.pressreader.com/ireland/irish-independent/20091013/284253821346552

southtyronegael

before you go accusing people or rewriting history, get your own history right. s cavanagh played in 2003 u 21 final not 2002.

redzone

Teamtalk tweetin beggan trained in Healy park this afternoon. Did porter let him in

square_ball

Quote from: southtyronegael on May 18, 2018, 10:24:50 PM
before you go accusing people or rewriting history, get your own history right. s cavanagh played in 2003 u 21 final not 2002.

Aye he was playing for Tyrone u21s in 2002 under Mickey Harte which one of your mates disputed.

the goal was on

Monaghan had a session in Healy park earlier in week

Real Talk

Quote from: longballin on May 18, 2018, 03:52:11 PM

Having had plenty opportunities to watch over this last 15 years the one thing about Sean Cavanagh is when Brian Dooher was on the team life was a lot easier.  Dooher did all the hard work and generally was instrumental in creating space and setting up good chances for Sean on a plate.  Sean relished that and delivered the big scores.  Without Dooher on the team Sean and Tyrone were less effective and just didn't perform on the big occasions.