The Official THFC thread

Started by Owenmoresider, October 25, 2007, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Bill

Good results for spurs yesterday. Very happy with it. Defence was good. Corluka very good with Dawson very committed. Zokora proved what an asset he is when he went to right back. Lennon has improved alot since harry came. There is more end product with him lately! Modric is proving to be a goos signing and Pav played well also. Gomes was superb and since the arrival of Parkes as his goalkeeping coach, he has really steadied himself up. Hopefully he proves a good signing and proves me wrong. I see we are linked again with Robbie and also (more favourably in my opinion) Richard Dunne, who could replace Ledley, who seems to be near finished if his knee doesn clear up, which it wont. Joe Cole also linked who would also be welcome. Didnt get Fergies remarks during the week about how we wanted to sell Carrick a few years back. Maybe he is just mad that he paid 30m for Berb, who is proving to be more like Juan Veron than Eric Cantona!

T Fearon

Good result and a game we could easily have won. Lennon on fire and Gomes at last starting to look good. I said all along that Keane and Berbatov would fail at Anfield and Old Trafford but at least we have taken two American Corporations for a ride with the transfer fees for both ;D

Old Bill

Was Tony at the AGM at the weekend? I see the new stadium plans have been unveiled.

T Fearon

Had planned to go, flights booked and all (cost me a tenner!) but then decided to head off to Rome on Boxing Day instead. New stadium looks class. Wonder are we getting a dividend this year, got my first and only one last year. Maybe not after Ramos big payoff. ::)

Owenmoresider

Didn't see the match tonight, anyone who did? Wasn't looking too good for a good while, but at least the result was got in the end to get through, seems that we will have one of the third-placed CL teams now, a few tricky prospects there if so.

Old Bill

Quote from: Owenmoresider on December 18, 2008, 10:24:55 PM
Didn't see the match tonight, anyone who did? Wasn't looking too good for a good while, but at least the result was got in the end to get through, seems that we will have one of the third-placed CL teams now, a few tricky prospects there if so.
Didnt see it either Owen but must search for the highlights now. Decent result considering we were vastly depleted against a quality Moscow side. Interesting comment from Harold after who said that that would be Gilbertos last game for the club. Another great signing by Commolli!

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Old Bill on December 18, 2008, 11:11:53 PM
Quote from: Owenmoresider on December 18, 2008, 10:24:55 PM
Didnt see it either Owen but must search for the highlights now. Decent result considering we were vastly depleted against a quality Moscow side. Interesting comment from Harold after who said that that would be Gilbertos last game for the club. Another great signing by Commolli!
Yep, were fairly stretched for it alright, and the cuptied buys didn't help matters. IIRC Gilberto made a big blunder in this comp last year too against PSV, hasn't done much to convince, so another one to be shuffled out quietly then. Had quite a few of them at WHL over the years.

Old Bill

donestsk? tough draw for the spurs. Tough place to go, not a very hospitalable place to go!

Old Bill

Push for the 1st goal but poor postiioning by dawson.
Thought the sending off was harsh myself, the rules of the game have gone mad, Assou Ekotto tries to do a piroutte on the ball and Zuiverloon made a meal of it.
Disappointing result

T Fearon

He should never have been given away in the first place.

What odds the fab four, Bent, Defoe, Berbatov and Keane being reunited before the end of the season ;D

off the laces

thought it was going to be another one off those nights last night, they just could not get it together in the first half, arry must have given them a right wake up call, great call to bring on o'hara bit of spirit, bently is just an enigma.
Keeps 'er' straight

The Gs Man

Love to know what 'Arry said at half time!!

Happy days though, and Defoe is eligible to play in the rest of the competition.
Keep 'er lit

Minder

I always thought it was a bigger lose when Defoe left compared to Berbatov or Keane.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"