Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Jaysus didn't realise there was a full round of fixtures midweek..

BennyCake

Quote from: screenexile on December 11, 2017, 12:01:14 AM
I hate Utd but De Gea is the only genuine World Class player they had on the pitch today!

So you don't think he should have done a lot better with the goals? Especially the second?

Maroon Manc

Very disappointed with United, we conceded 2 appalling goals that I wouldn't expect us to concede especially against City and showed very little composure on the ball throughout the game. City were always going to dominate possession but they didn't play as well as many are making out and only forced De Gea into making one great save and that was from well outside the box. I haven't seem them again but looked like Herrera dived which is no surprise but so did Walker when he was already on a yellow in the first half. It also looked like Silva's studs when right into Herrera's shins which is a red card, would need to see them all again though.

Matic was the only player who showed any sort of composure on the ball, Herrera again was dreadful and I won't lose any sleep if he leaves in the summer; He's far too limited on the ball, for a bloke that looks nimble he just can't turn on the ball.  The front 4 didn't press with enough intent especially Lukaku who once again didn't work hard enough, given the way United set up dispossessing their back 4 was going to be one of the reasons United could win this game and it just didn't happen. Lukaku was unlucky with the chance as it was a great save from the keeper, he's 6'4 and he just doesn't use his physicality or work hard enough. Pogba was a huge miss, his ability to create and drive forward was really missed. Its an area of the pitch where we need more creativity as Mkhitaryan has been a major let down and Mata isn't good enough whilst Lingard is a different sort of player.

J70

Quote from: BennyCake on December 11, 2017, 09:48:56 AM
I hate Utd but De Gea is the only genuine World Class player they had on the pitch today!

So you don't think he should have done a lot better with the goals? Especially the second?

Are you on something? ;D

The ball was smashed past him from five yards away. A cat couldn't have reacted to that!

Boycey

Quote from: J70 on December 11, 2017, 11:20:26 AM

Are you on something? ;D

The ball was smashed past him from five yards away. A cat couldn't have reacted to that!

He should have caught it and bowled it out all in the one movement, shoddy.

Milltown Row2

Liverpool and Utd to meet in the last 8 !  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

magpie seanie

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 11, 2017, 11:37:00 AM

United will go out to defend and get caught late on. Liverpool to go through 8-7 on aggregate with an injury time penalty by the great Jordan Henderson in front of the Cop.

screenexile

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 11, 2017, 11:46:17 AM

United will go out to defend and get caught late on. Liverpool to go through 8-7 on aggregate with an injury time penalty by the great Jordan Henderson in front of the Cop.

He would have slotted in nicely to United's midfield yesterday!! ;)

magpie seanie

Quote from: screenexile on December 11, 2017, 11:52:30 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on December 11, 2017, 11:46:17 AM

He would have slotted in nicely to United's midfield yesterday!! ;)

He's not good enough for Liverpool, never mind United.

magpie seanie

I'm not going to say anything more - I've said it all before. Yes - they were two shocking errors for the goals but the whole approach and the bullshit afterwards about penalties and luck and going to their dressingroom to tell them to act classy - Jose, what an ass.

Boycey

magpie seanie

Accept it if you like but for me it's unacceptable for Manchester United - especially at home. what - 30 per cent possession and playing for a 0-0 draw? Then when it goes wrong making up shite to try and deflect attention (as always). This is bullshit and I couldn't give a shit of I upset some of ye cliché addicts by telling the truth.

"If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor...."

"...football taught by Matt Busby...."

BennyCake

Quote from: J70 on December 11, 2017, 11:20:26 AM

Are you on something? ;D

Second one especially was shocking. Just stood there like a statue. Poor goalkeeping.

Boycey

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 11, 2017, 12:07:43 PM
Accept it if you like but for me it's unacceptable for Manchester United - especially at home. what - 30 per cent possession and playing for a 0-0 draw? Then when it goes wrong making up shite to try and deflect attention (as always). This is bullshit and I couldn't give a shit of I upset some of ye cliché addicts by telling the truth.

"If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor...."

"...football taught by Matt Busby...."

You're the clichè not me Seanie, all the good points you raise are lost in your dislike for Mourinho. If they win it's in spite of him if they lose it's because of him. If you really believe all this crud about football taught by Matt Busby where was all this rage when the 2 previous managers were doing a considerably worse job than the current one.

AZOffaly

I thought Seanie was going a bit OTT on Mourinho, at the end of the day they are in second place, in the last 16 of Europe, and won two trophies last year including a European trophy. I'd love that at Liverpool, put it like that.

However yesterday I thought United were afraid of City. I've not seen that in a long time, since Moyes certainly. And never with Ferguson. They looked way more dangerous when they went behind both times, which to me indicates that the game plan was needlessly conservative.

And then to read the nonsense afterwards in the City dressing room. That's mental stuff.