Van attack in Barcelona

Started by omagh_gael, August 17, 2017, 04:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Looks like some dirty bastard has injured many people in Barcelona (Las Ramblas) area by driving a van into pedestrians. This shit is becoming the new norm. Hopefully there are no deaths but early reports do not look good on this front.

RedHand88

Thats a very very busy area with lots of tourists. Not good.

Boycey

Just seen a video that I really didn't want to, I suspect many injured will become many dead..

Sandino

Two gunmen now holed up in a bar! Hostages have been taken.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

gallsman

omagh_gael

Sky news reporting a local radio station that is claiming there may be up to 13 deaths. Horrendous situation for people to be caught up in going about their business on holidays.

gallsman

Catalunya is about five minutes from my front door. Huge transport hub right at the top of the Rambla. At that time of the evening it would have been absolutely teeming.

Captain Obvious

Every major city in Europe is getting attacked something if anything has to be done to stop this madness. Some horrific videos posted up on social media, the people responsible for those videos should have a little cop on.

gallsman

The Rambla would be perfect target for that kind of attack too. Jammed pedestrian central walkway with traffic on either side. Considering that's it's slap bang in the centre of one of Europe's biggest cities, it's remarkably easily accessible by car.

Syferus

Every major city my arse. And it's nearly impossible to stop an insane fücker getting in a car or van and driving into a crowd.

The only surprising about this that they hadn't thought to lean on such a weakness in the system before now. Far harder than build a bomb than turn an ignition, and with much more likelihood of being caught.

Thoughts are with the victims, as always.

stew

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 17, 2017, 06:56:34 PM
Every major city in Europe is getting attacked something if anything has to be done to stop this madness. Some horrific videos posted up on social media, the people responsible for those videos should have a little cop on.

A little cop on????? For f**k sake they should be tried and if convicted they should work at hard labour until they die, with a kicking every now and again the horrible bastards!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

trileacman

Harsh sentence for posting a video.

Halfwit.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Syferus

I was in Palma last week and I was taken aback at how lax traffic restrictions were, cars and scooters driving right up beside listed buildings and people on walkways that look to any tourist's eye to be a fully pedestrianised area. Most of the narrow Oldtown streets are so tight that if someone came down them with a car with the intent to injure a bystander has absolutely no chance of escape.

If that is widespread in Spain they need to revise their approach as it opens the country up to the worst possible outcomes from these attacks.

omagh_gael

How do you manage the threat? Is it possible that every pedestrian area will have to be packed with bollards to stop vehicles being able to move at high speed through them?

Cunny Funt

Modern society to take out their phones and film the carnage it seems, 13 dead so far with so many injured that death toll is sure to rise.  Barcelona one of my favorites cites, full of life,energy and friendliness. La Ramblas today i fear O Connell street Dublin could be hit by a similar attack in the future