Premier League 2017/18

Started by heganboy, July 19, 2017, 04:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Mightily impressive stuff from City thus far, dare I say if Mourinho set up like this especially at home he'd be accused of 'parking the bus'

Cunny Funt

Yes very impressive performance by Man City tonight the full time score line didn't tell how dominating they were.

Milltown Row2

That's the biggest one nil defeat you'll see all season, fair play City, the juggernaut continues
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 30, 2017, 07:23:07 PM
That's the biggest one nil defeat you'll see all season, fair play City, the juggernaut continues

Yeah that was an annihilation, they will be hard to stop
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

City by far the most impressive team in the league so far.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

under the bar

Formidable team but it's not fair play, at least not in the sense that that the FFP rules were brought in to address. It's financial doping as it's now called. City have spent multiple times their true commercial income value on whatever players they want.  Either have proper FFP rules independently assessed by a commercial revenue panel and enforce them or scrap them totally.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: under the bar on September 30, 2017, 11:05:16 PM

Formidable team but it's not fair play, at least not in the sense that that the FFP rules were brought in to address. It's financial doping as it's now called. City have spent multiple times their true commercial income value on whatever players they want.  Either have proper FFP rules independently assessed by a commercial revenue panel and enforce them or scrap them totally.

That's by the by, how they have turned it around from last year with a couple of good buys is some show! They were struggling at one point last year to manage top four after a flying start... the financial rules are being bent by a lot of clubs, that's out of Utd Liverpool Spurs and Arsenal's hands, what those clubs have to is match them on the pitch as in the money department City hold all the aces
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

The way Man City are scoring for fun they will break Chelseas EPL goal scoring record from 2009/10. Only doubt is are they playing too good too soon?

Boycey

The range of options they have in the attacking area of the field is unreal..

Captain Obvious

Crystal Palace seven defeats and no goal scored they then beat the defending champions Chelsea. Unbelievable Jeff!

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 14, 2017, 05:01:57 PM
Crystal Palace seven defeats and no goal scored they then beat the defending champions Chelsea. Unbelievable Jeff!

Woy of the wovers stuff

Maroon Manc

Not surprised to see Everton struggling, no doubt the inclusion of Rooney is causing them issues.

TabClear

Quote from: Boycey on October 14, 2017, 04:38:39 PM

DeBruyne's performance on Saturday was one of the best individual performances I have ever seen. Was it Jose who let him go from Chelsea?

While I find it slightly amusing that a United fan is whinging about FFP, i do agree that something needs to be done. I would like to see something like a salary cap/draft like the NFL or AFL that benefits the worse performing teams the previous year in terms of choice of young players the following year to level the playing field. I think there have been 8 different Superbowl winners in the last ten years. Unfortunately I do not think it would be transferable to soccer because a) the big clubs have too much power and will not give up their advantage and b) the examples I gave above are single country markets predominantly (albeit massive in terms of NFL). If one country's FA decided to implement in their country to make it more competitive, it would disadvantage those teams in the Champions League which given the money involved is never going to happen.

Leaves every team hoping for a Sugar Daddy or else picking up the scraps from the Big boys table. It does make you admire Spurs consistency over the past few years as, although they are by no means short of  a pound, they cannot compete with the likes of Chelsea/Utd/City on the big money transfers.

AZOffaly

Also Tab, no relegation in American Sports. Some of the biggest names can end up with the worst record in any given year, so can you imagine that in the premier league etc?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: TabClear on October 16, 2017, 10:58:47 AM
Quote from: Boycey on October 14, 2017, 04:38:39 PM

DeBruyne's performance on Saturday was one of the best individual performances I have ever seen. Was it Jose who let him go from Chelsea?

While I find it slightly amusing that a United fan is whinging about FFP, i do agree that something needs to be done. I would like to see something like a salary cap/draft like the NFL or AFL that benefits the worse performing teams the previous year in terms of choice of young players the following year to level the playing field. I think there have been 8 different Superbowl winners in the last ten years. Unfortunately I do not think it would be transferable to soccer because a) the big clubs have too much power and will not give up their advantage and b) the examples I gave above are single country markets predominantly (albeit massive in terms of NFL). If one country's FA decided to implement in their country to make it more competitive, it would disadvantage those teams in the Champions League which given the money involved is never going to happen.

Leaves every team hoping for a Sugar Daddy or else picking up the scraps from the Big boys table. It does make you admire Spurs consistency over the past few years as, although they are by no means short of  a pound, they cannot compete with the likes of Chelsea/Utd/City on the big money transfers.

The draft system is a nice idea, but will never happen in soccer, that horse has bolted.
Something like a salary cap might work better, but all the major leagues would have to agree to it. Its probably unw workable now at this stage as well, with players already tied into long term contracts.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either