TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Episodes back on BBC2, still consistently very funny.

Puckoon

Saw a couple UK shows on Netflix here this weekend

Mavericks: A history of the Mavericks in sport who with unbridled talent never really made the most of their potential through discipline, addiction, or just general arsery issues. Gazza, Merson, Osgood, Cantona etc.. Just finished the football one - really enjoyable

Chronicles of a Champion Golfer: I guess this might be older - but really enjoyable and I'd never heard of it before. Episode 1, Tiger Woods. Episode 2, The Shark. Good Stuff

screenexile

Marcella was very good but felt there were a lot of loose ends they just left hanging or ended stupidly.

Very well acted though but the ending seemed to be setting up series 3 as her to become some kind of comic book creation!

leenie

I need a new boxset. . And don't have the time for starting some and not finishing.. I'm not into waking dead or breaking bad / the wire etc
My fave shows are .. game of thrones / mad men / manhunt unbomber / peaky blinders .. so any suggestions based on my likes ??
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

lurganblue

Quote from: leenie on April 11, 2018, 02:21:14 PM
I need a new boxset. . And don't have the time for starting some and not finishing.. I'm not into waking dead or breaking bad / the wire etc
My fave shows are .. game of thrones / mad men / manhunt unbomber / peaky blinders .. so any suggestions based on my likes ??

Line of Duty? Luther?

tyrone girl

Power is brilliant.

Agree about Marcella. It was a rubbish ending. Ridiculous in fact. Too many loose ends.

NAG1

bennydorano

Started watching a show called Haters back off, only found out after 3 episodes it's a kids show! Some of it is very funny

Taylor

Cant remember the name of it now but a show on netflilx about a woman who apparently loses the plot and kills a guy she doesnt know on a day out to the beach with the family one day. Was v good.

Cant mind the name at all now  :o

lurganblue

Quote from: Taylor on April 11, 2018, 04:21:30 PM
Cant remember the name of it now but a show on netflilx about a woman who apparently loses the plot and kills a guy she doesnt know on a day out to the beach with the family one day. Was v good.

The Sinner. I watched the 1st episode but never got back to it.

Taylor

Quote from: lurganblue on April 11, 2018, 04:22:42 PM
Quote from: Taylor on April 11, 2018, 04:21:30 PM

The Sinner. I watched the 1st episode but never got back to it.

Thats the one.
Worth going back to LB

blewuporstuffed

Just as a matter of interest, why do you say you are not into breaking bad/ the wire etc?
Have you watched any of them?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

mrdeeds

Mindhunter

leenie

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 11, 2018, 06:36:45 PM
Just as a matter of interest, why do you say you are not into breaking bad/ the wire etc?

Watched the first season of bb and didn't get into it - only watched an episode of the wire and didn't appeal to me either .. don't know why.. I've been told to go to bb ...

Watched mindhunter too and enjoyed it
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Tony Baloney

Quote from: leenie on April 11, 2018, 08:04:23 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 11, 2018, 06:36:45 PM

Watched the first season of bb and didn't get into it - only watched an episode of the wire and didn't appeal to me either .. don't know why.. I've been told to go to bb ...

Watched mindhunter too and enjoyed it
The attraction of Breaking Bad took me some time to see. Ibwas into The Wire from the first episode. Give them both time and you'll get the reward.