Author Topic: The Super(ish) Leeds United Thread  (Read 46402 times)

Rufus T Firefly

• Na Clairsigh, Ard Mhacha
    • View Profile
Re: The Super(ish) Leeds United Thread
« Reply #585 on: February 05, 2018, 08:50:08 AM »
A lot of talk that McLaren is being considered for the vacancy. Apparently he was at the match on Saturday in the Directors Box. Would not be my choice. I note that Leeds are now looking for their seventh manager since 2014. Surely whoever comes in must be given some time to try and impose their own style of play / ideas on the team? This constant chopping and changing must surely in itself be linked to the problems it is designed to address.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avondhu star

• View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 05, 2018, 09:45:01 AM »
Maybe O Neill regrets signing the contract now unless he has a get out clause?
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 05, 2018, 07:19:17 PM »
Looks like Paul Heckingbottom is the man. Hardly pulling up trees at Barnsley with 1 win in 16, 6 wins all season. Currently 21st place. Hardly the inspirational character needed.
That was never a square ball!!

stew

• View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 06, 2018, 12:50:22 AM »
A lot of talk that McLaren is being considered for the vacancy. Apparently he was at the match on Saturday in the Directors Box. Would not be my choice. I note that Leeds are now looking for their seventh manager since 2014. Surely whoever comes in must be given some time to try and impose their own style of play / ideas on the team? This constant chopping and changing must surely in itself be linked to the problems it is designed to address.

Rufus, Stumpy and young Geraghty should be co managers with Big Beasel as the assistant, they might not win many games but by God they will fight like fack for the jersey. )
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

• View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 06, 2018, 12:50:54 AM »
Neil Lennon for me, I think he is an excellent manager.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Rufus T Firefly

• Na Clairsigh, Ard Mhacha
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 06, 2018, 11:20:25 AM »

Rufus, Stumpy and young Geraghty should be co managers with Big Beasel as the assistant, they might not win many games but by God they will fight like fack for the jersey. )

Tactical acumen might be in short supply Stew! 😀
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Mourne Rover

• View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 23, 2018, 02:46:03 PM »
Paul Heckingbottom is finding out quickly how frustrating a club Leeds can be. He has definitely steadied the ship since coming in and could easily have nine points from his first three games. However, a dodgy penalty when Leeds were in full control against Sheffield United was followed by a 2-2 draw at home to Sheffield United when three clear cut chances were missed late on. Then Leeds led twice away to Derby only to concede in the third minute of injury time for another draw. Effectively dropping seven points which were there for the taking has left Leeds with only the most remote prospect of a run towards the play-offs and a 15th consecutive seasons outside the Premiership beckons. Hopefully he will be given the time and the resources to have a proper crack at the job.