Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toby47

Quote from: LeoMc on July 20, 2020, 01:08:44 PM
And on page 2884 of the club thread we get this question?

Quote from: Eire90 on July 20, 2020, 12:58:21 PM
was there this big of interest in club gaa before covid

Lol

Tyrone95

Who were the players sent off for Omagh and Dromore yest during the brawl? Been a few years from Dromore were involved in fisty cuffs within the stand....

Carmen threw away a 6 or 7 point lead in the second half with Ardboe equalising with a goal in the 7th minute of added time.. Mark donnelly got the ball from the resulting kick out and ran from midfield before gormley slipped him the ball for the winner. Fresher looking team this year with Jonny munroe bubba loughran etc making a return with gormley and daly coming on from the bench to try kill the game.

skeog

The few extra in Dromore were doing various admin jobs to ensure smooth running of fixture.

toby47

BBC Sport NI understands Tyrone club Eglish has suspended all playing activity as a senior player tests positive for Covid-19.

LeoMc

how well did English steward or restrict access to the pitch on Sunday? Did they have similar supporter numbers to a few other clubs? If so how does contact tracing work if there are no records of the onlookers?

Will Aghaloo have to suspend Senior activity or get their players tested? I noted in a couple of the games that the old habit of spitting in the hands for additional adhesion is alive and well.

Angelo

It's very hard to see how the club and county championships will be anything other than a farce this year with the circumstances.

It's not a professional sport and cannot avoid this.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

the goal was on

lucky wasn't dromore or there wouldn't be enough tests to go around

lenny

Quote from: toby47 on July 21, 2020, 01:46:34 PM
BBC Sport NI understands Tyrone club Eglish has suspended all playing activity as a senior player tests positive for Covid-19.

Did this player play in that match? Surely he would only get tested if he had symptoms. If he'd had symptoms then he shouldn't have played.

LeoMc

Quote from: lenny on July 21, 2020, 09:07:35 PM
Quote from: toby47 on July 21, 2020, 01:46:34 PM

Did this player play in that match? Surely he would only get tested if he had symptoms. If he'd had symptoms then he shouldn't have played.
He may have had no symptoms and been tested because of track and trace. Maybe his girlfriend had been working in a hospital or his brother won a karaoke competition in Limavady.

GlenMan

He was tested on Saturday (following positive cases at his work I believe) and decided it was okay for him to play while awaiting the results.

Eglish themselves failed to follow even the basic guidelines - they had there changing rooms open with Players packed in!

Absolutely shameful behaviour from the Player and Club.

lenny

Quote from: GlenMan on July 21, 2020, 11:12:04 PM
He was tested on Saturday (following positive cases at his work I believe) and decided it was okay for him to play while awaiting the results.

Eglish themselves failed to follow even the basic guidelines - they had there changing rooms open with Players packed in!

Just emphasises the need for clubs and individuals to fully comply with the regulations. Hopefully the player is okay and it doesn't lead to a cluster of cases.

charlieTully

I work for the NHS. As part of track and trace I was tested when a colleague tested positive. As I had no symptoms I was told to turn up and work as normal. No waiting for result back. Work away. If its OK to work in an ED surely its OK to turn up for a match if asymptomatic? Calling a person shameful? Really??As for the changing rooms ridiculousness of them if true.

Tyrone Gaa

If Eglish had the changing rooms open, they should have their season automatically ended.

It's difficult to blame the player if he felt well. Could you imagine the pressure on a starting player to stand up and say they're not gonna play even though they feel 100% fit. I'd say if players with known Covid symptoms would play a championship game if their club needed them.

It's a crazy time
Living the dream!!!

Taylor

As far as I was aware the protocol is to carry on as normal while you are awaiting test results?
If this is the case then there is absolutely no issue with the player carrying on as normal.

The much more serious point is the changing rooms, showers, team huddle being socially distant etc etc.

The County Board will have to work hard to brush this under the carpet.

If a major media outlet run with it then it will look absolutely shameful