Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Thats Why Tir na nOg have never won anything in their lives, to many boys telling you how to play when they couldn't do it on the field. ::). And the last team in Armagh who should have beaten Cross was indeed the Ogs in keady, i was at the game and Bendover is correct ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Imposerous

Appreciate it if anyone could let me know if TG4 are intending to show the Cross v Ballinderry game?  Cheers.

armaghniac

from TG4 website
Quote3/12/2006
13:45    GAA BEO
Beo: Craobh Club AIB – Cluiche Ceannais Iomána na Mumhan idir Tuaim Uí Mheára (Tiobraid Árann) agus Rogha Éireann (Corcaigh).

Iarbheo: Craobh Club AIB – Cluiche Ceannais Peile Cúige Laighean idir Ród (Uibh Fháilí) agus Bealach a'Tiriallaigh (An Iarmhí) / Achadh Uí Mhórdha (Cill Dara).

no sign of the Casement game here.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

sureyouwill

Quote from: illdecide on November 30, 2006, 04:34:46 PM
Thats Why Tir na nOg have never won anything in their lives, to many boys telling you how to play when they couldn't do it on the field. ::). And the last team in Armagh who should have beaten Cross was indeed the Ogs in keady, i was at the game and Bendover is correct ;)

Ditto, the Ogs were very unlucky that day, thank God!!!  ;D

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: sureyouwill on November 30, 2006, 08:30:50 PM

Disagree Sureyouwill - luck did not come into it and neither in my opinion did the Oisin McConville incident. The real reason the Ogs didn't win is that they didn't believe in themselves - end of! They beat themselves.

heganboy

Its interesting to hear the comments about Ballyhegan dropping down a grade, I thought I'd give you a brief of the last 15 years to let you know where we came from
In 91 we were beaten by Corinshigo, and then finished 92 second from bottom in the entire league system in Armagh. over the next couple of years a number of younger players started breaking through the ranks and Paul Mc Grane and Barry Hughes (who had been on the Armagh '92 minor team that made the AI Final only to have it stolen by meath) provided the backbone on which the team was based and as Paddy McKeever came through we ended up with a very strong team. Ballyhegan won the junior in 95 and the intermediate in 97 with roughly the same bunch of players.  As well as this there were a few players (maybe 3-4) who would have made pretty much most clubs in the county. As the team was doing well we could have ended up with maybe 30 lads at training although realistically only 18/19 had any real shot at starting a game. After we won the intermediate we moved into Senior and first game was against Cross in the championship- we did take the lead and hold if to the first 15 minutes, but it was the last 5 before we scored again after that. This coincided with the progress being made by Armagh and there were more and more demands being made on the county players. In 98 we lost 6 lads to the USA and a couple more followed a few years later. The step up in grade was badly hurting results and also the attendances at training and although we managed to hold our place in division 2 it was a struggle based heavily on the last few games of the season with county players available. In fact there were occasions when players were flown back in from abroad (legitimately I might add) to help preserve that status.
It was a tough decision to move back down but a run to the intermediate final rekindled interest in the club and attendances were up. The new facilities at the club were a big improvement and things were looking well.
Lately however reality has kicked in, although Kilmore is a relatively large parish, the area is very predominantly unionist ( and in many cases very loyalist) The club works well with Portadown rugby club and Loughgall FC to do a lot of cross community work and if truth be told we didn't exactly play to the letter of the law when it came to rule 21, more the spirit...
We would not be in the siutation we are financially and facility wise if it hadn't been for the participation and generosity of the entire local community and for that we are thankful. However if it comes down to it we are a club which on the numbers would be expected to be a junior club, and until we get a good crop of players coming together at the same time I have a feeling thats where we will be for a few years.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

BenDover

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on November 30, 2006, 09:37:41 PM
Quote from: sureyouwill on November 30, 2006, 08:30:50 PM

Disagree Sureyouwill - luck did not come into it and neither in my opinion did the Oisin McConville incident. The real reason the Ogs didn't win is that they didn't believe in themselves - end of! They beat themselves.

But surely Rufus if you see justice being done and a classy forward like McConville getting the line it's bound to give the team an extra lift (not that they should need it playing Cross) then again I take your point the Ogs did kick 2-3 silly wides in the second half as well

illdecide

F**k me heganboy, don't be putting stuff like that on the board, coming in to work (happy cause its Friday) reading that, you have me depressed and a lump in my throat now. That type of talk is for a Monday when everyone's doom and gloom
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

bennydorano

Please note that the Under 21 Championship match against Ballymacnab, this week-end, has been put back to this Sunday morning, 3rd December. The match has an 11.30am throw in at Abbey Park. Please pass the word on.

heganboy

sorry bout spoinling your friday- doesn't make for great reading - but it was a great run while it lasted :-)
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Armagh Exile

Dromintee beat An Port Mor this afternoon by a couple of points in the Armagh Under-21 Football Championship Quarter-Final.
Any other results?

Redhandfan

Quote from: Armagh Exile on December 02, 2006, 09:11:58 PM
Dromintee beat An Port Mor this afternoon by a couple of points in the Armagh Under-21 Football Championship Quarter-Final.

I'm afraid to report that there was a lot more than a couple of points in the game between An Port Mor and Dromintee at Pairc Ui Neill yesterday.  An Port Mor only scored a couple of points in the entire match as a much stronger and superior Dromintee side dominated from start to finish. 

If anything, this game was further proof that the Armagh County Board are failing the smaller/weaker clubs by not grading U-21 and U-18 Championships.  I really cannot understand why Armagh clubs and their delegates allow this situation to happen year after year.  With no proper grading, what incentive is there for Division 3 and Division 4 Clubs to even enter a team in the Under 21 and minor championships?  Yesterday's game at An Port Mor was a complete mismatch and was of no benefit to either the winners or losers.

Armagh Cúchulainns

Pearse Ogs V St Johns. Ended in a draw, replay next sunday

Harps V Ballymacnab. Harps won 2-9 1-7. Woeful playing conditions and farcicle refereeing.
Its all about the Hurling.

pintsofguinness

Any word on cruppin V Cullaville? 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?