Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Club boi

Quote from: southtyronegael on May 20, 2018, 06:54:15 PM
i hope your not laying the blame on ronan o neill, club boi? thats what your left with after  years of mickeys crap tactics, a shell of a once talented, promising player. just like cavanagh said.

No not at all STG but should he still be there after many years of being a very small bit part player? Or should he have walked like Mc Curry and others before him. Outstanding youth baller, just never made it for Tyrone after his injury and with the current "system". Just never looks sharp or fit enough these last few years

Tyrone outclassed all over the field today

southtyronegael

Quote from: Club boi on May 20, 2018, 07:04:39 PM
i hope your not laying the blame on ronan o neill, club boi? thats what your left with after  years of mickeys crap tactics, a shell of a once talented, promising player. just like cavanagh said.

No not at all STG but should he still be there after many years of being a very small bit part player? Or should he have walked like Mc Curry and others before him. Outstanding youth baller, just never made it for Tyrone after his injury and with the current "system". Just never looks sharp or fit enough these last few years

but you need to ask why RON cant do it at senior inter county? unreal minor, still a cracking club player with 2 o neill cups to his name and yet going backwards for tyrone. and its a recurring theme for a lot of tyrone lads, just not progressing under mickey.

redhandofgod

Ronan McNamee was absolutely shite today....

Localexpert

Quote from: southtyronegael on May 20, 2018, 07:11:12 PM
Quote from: Club boi on May 20, 2018, 07:04:39 PM

but you need to ask why RON cant do it at senior inter county? unreal minor, still a cracking club player with 2 o neill cups to his name and yet going backwards for tyrone. and its a recurring theme for a lot of tyrone lads, just not progressing under mickey.

It's a good job Tyrones golden generation had a few years under Eugene and art before micky got in and restricted their development  ::)

GetOverTheBar

Usually harder to comment overall when you are at the game - maybe you don't see what you would watching television.

Monaghan blew Tyrone away in the last 15 minutes today though for me, is the point of this 'system' Harte goes on about not to bring games to the last 10/15 then win with superior fitness? Very, very damaging loss - and completely deserved win for Monaghan.

For a defensive team, the amount of times Vinny Corey managed to get in behind the defensive line until he eventually got the goal was very strange - and it's not as if he's blessed with blistering speed. Once the goal went in, I thought the game was done - Tyrone never looked like scoring a goal but to be fair did drag themselves back into via points to then seemingly gas out.

Probably Frank Burns was the only Tyrone player to do themselves justice today, McAliskey to be fair to him tried his best in the second half and got himself a few scores. Bar that? Special tip of the cap to Harte for destroying Ronan O'Neill today - he was shite, but no less shite than others - including Meyler who seems intent in trying to make himself some kind of low grade Paul Galvin involved in off the ball nonsense more often than on the ball.

Positives? Plenty of time to come across the correct formula as you'd expect the GAA to work that special kind of magic that keeps the bigger teams apart in qualifiers.

southtyronegael

and who were the 'tyrone fans' handing out NO campaign leaflets to monaghan fans? total disgrace draggin this county through the dirt again.

bigtogs

Some great scores surely....But we a boring to watch just pure shite to be honest no change to system from last year...teams body language at half time nearly told us we where a beaten team...... 

Quarterback

Simple task - name the best front six in Tyrone based on their ability to score..likewise name the best 6 defenders based nnrheir ability to defend..don't think about systems - fitness etc...jus the ability to score

bigtogs

Quote from: Quarterback on May 20, 2018, 09:06:13 PM
Simple task - name the best front six in Tyrone based on their ability to score..likewise name the best 6 defenders based nnrheir ability to defend..don't think about systems - fitness etc...jus the ability to score

Would not matter who starts our system has sucked the life out of our players....imo...

TopOfTheRight13

Is it just me or does every team seem to attack down tyrone right flank where t mccann is positioned.... The man can't ta kle but only slap tackle.. Is that not where conn o callaghan scored 1-2 in opening ten minutes last year.. From what I can mind.. As far back as the hammering in killarney 6years ago Mickey harte has learnt nothing.. Analysis tyrone major defeats in AI competition.. Frank burns was poor gave away atleast four free kicks inside fifty but you come to expect that when you play forwards in the defence.. P harte was non existent.. Connor mcaliakey only man played any stuff kicked 7points gave wylie a torrid time.. Ps colly cav and hartes love child 'Fergus mccarron are finished... New blood and new manager needed.. Niall Morgan stay in your goal and never approach a 50yard kick ever again... Beggan have an exhibition

Snapchap

Quote from: TopOfTheRight13 on May 20, 2018, 10:02:20 PM
Is it just me or does every team seem to attack down tyrone right flank where t mccann is positioned.... The man can't ta kle but only slap tackle.. Is that not where conn o callaghan scored 1-2 in opening ten minutes last year.. From what I can mind.. As far back as the hammering in killarney 6years ago Mickey harte has learnt nothing.. Analysis tyrone major defeats in AI competition.. Frank burns was poor gave away atleast four free kicks inside fifty but you come to expect that when you play forwards in the defence.. P harte was non existent.. Connor mcaliakey only man played any stuff kicked 7points gave wylie a torrid time.. Ps colly cav and hartes love child 'Fergus mccarron are finished... New blood and new manager needed.. Niall Morgan stay in your goal and never approach a 50yard kick ever again... Beggan have an exhibition

Colm Cavanagh "done"? Quite the pronouncement to make about a man playing his first championship match since winning an All-Star in November.

TopOfTheRight13

It not hard to star in a free role where you mark no one stand in front of full back line offering no support to attack wasting no energy.. Are you a fool? Why was he hooked.. Skeet mac hasn't played in two years kicked 7points of an all star full back coming back from a cruciate..soo what does colly cav offer this team apart from a bluffing sweeping role

BennyHarp

Quote from: TopOfTheRight13 on May 20, 2018, 10:14:21 PM
It not hard to star in a free role where you mark no one stand in front of full back line offering no support to attack wasting no energy.. Are you a fool? Why was he hooked.. Skeet mac hasn't played in two years kicked 7points of an all star full back coming back from a cruciate..soo what does colly cav offer this team apart from a bluffing sweeping role

He was hooked because, unless you were living under a rock all week, you'd be aware that he's been carrying an injury into the game.?

Monaghan are actually a decent team. Fair play to them. We had too many lads playing at an average level today and that just wasn't going to cut it against a decent team like them. We actually started the game  brilliantly, with some great attacking play and some lovely scores. But when the pressure is applied we revert to type and don't want to kick the ball and shuffle it sideways into trouble. Our midfield was cleaned out too. It's time I think to let Declan McClure sink or swim, give him every game in the qualifiers to see if he is up to it. Conal McCann is just definitely not up to it.

On Ronan O'Neill, he was given a chance and he contributed nothing. Compare the desire, work rate and hunger between him and Skeet. His main contribution was when he picked up a pass on the 21 with his back to goal, great opportunity to swing it over, he knows where the posts are, it's his home pitch ffs, but he shuffles a fist passt over his shoulder to man with 3 blue jerseys hanging off him and a promising move breaks down. I don't know what he has to whinge about coming off, I'd have hooked him at half time...unless of course he was complaining because McCann was the replacement, which is fair enough.
That was never a square ball!!

TopOfTheRight13

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 20, 2018, 10:30:10 PM
Quote from: TopOfTheRight13 on May 20, 2018, 10:14:21 PM

He was hooked because, unless you were living under a rock all week, you'd be aware that he's been carrying an injury into the game.?

Monaghan are actually a decent team. Fair play to them. We had too many lads playing at an average level today and that just wasn't going to cut it against a decent team like them. We actually started the game  brilliantly, with some great attacking play and some lovely scores. But when the pressure is applied we revert to type and don't want to kick the ball and shuffle it sideways into trouble. Our midfield was cleaned out too. It's time I think to let Declan McClure sink or swim, give him every game in the qualifiers to see if he is up to it. Conal McCann is just definitely not up to it.

On Ronan O'Neill, he was given a chance and he contributed nothing. Compare the desire, work rate and hunger between him and Skeet. His main contribution was when he picked up a pass on the 21 with his back to goal, great opportunity to swing it over, he knows where the posts are, it's his home pitch ffs, but he shuffles a fist passt over his shoulder to man with 3 blue jerseys hanging off him and a promising move breaks down. I don't know what he has to whinge about coming off, I'd have hooked him at half time...unless of course he was complaining because McCann was the replacement, which is fair enough.

So if he wasn't fit to start after not having kicked a ball since moys all ireland exertions from last year why was he on the field of play.. If he doesn't trust mcclure paudie mcnulty or so so... Why are they on the panel so.. Your that far up hates hole benny your talking out of his mouth

Localexpert

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/northern-ireland/44153287

Did anyone see this interview in the build up to today?  Maybe our players should stop worrying about how good looking they are and how great/bad their hair looks and concentrate on the size 5 oneills what you reckon?